The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Gill likely let Dudley*, Alex, Urien and maybe Akuma** defeat him

Notice that after SF3, Ryu fought Alex in SF3TS and had zero problems defeat Alex

Alex is talented with great potential, but he’s not THAT good in SF3

*did’nt know if he took a loss, but gave his car back
** possibly not canon

Agree Chun or Guile should had the leadership since they are the most experience into dealing with Shadaloo,

Karin can do the resources thing and leading her team(Mika and Ibuki).

Ken should have been someone that also went inside with Ryu that decide to left out in a few moments to save Ryu and cover his way in the Shadaloo raid.

I try to look at things in the context of the story and a character’s place in it. Laura was crap in story mode. Alex was a non presence and so was Ken. But in a story about the end of Shadaloo, neither of those characters really need to be playing a significant role anyway. They are too tenuously connected in the grand scheme of things, at least for this particular story. You can easily tell by Mika and Ibuki’s inclusion too. They feel outta place cause they just have no real strong connections with Shadaloo. It;s funny cause the characters with probably the most ties with Shadaloo got it the worst in terms of story. Guile, Cammy, Chun were just bad.

Necalli sucked too.

Karin, Rashid, Ryu, FAng. Bison, Dhalsim, Zangief, Kolin, Urien, Nash(with the exception of no credible attempt to acknowledge the Guile/Nash friendship) and possibly Balrog and the Dolls all fared the best out of the cast in story mode.

Birdie, Ibuki, Mika, Alex, Ken, Laura, Juri, and Vega I think are kinda neutral. Not really awful, but not good either. Although I am almost tempted to put Juri in the trash tier. Some of her story is just odd and should’ve been better.

Necalli, Chun, Cammy, Guile are in the trash tier.

Are we expecting the Warrior Prophet to be a DLC character or not

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/7/78/WarriorProphet.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160620021359

Necalli eats him in his prologue.

I understood Laura and Alex the way their participation, it’s reasonable for them because they are new to the presence of others.

Necali was a filler character to begin with like Fang,

Necali was just a story tool for Ryu’s growth/progress. A temporary, substitution and alternative for both Akuma and Sagat in a while.

Necalli is SFV’s Gluttony from Full Metal.

I have no problem with that for him to stay like that. He doesn’t have the worth to sacrifice other characters to just hype him.

Eating someone like Bison, Akuma, Sagat, Dhalsim, Gen, Rose and Gouken wouldn’t make him badass or a worthy since he lack brains, he is not strategically skillful like Akuma that is not all about power and Necali just another berserker immortal type character yet his nature is intimidating. He doesn’t make sense in his encounter with Nash and that encounter never give a mysterious vibe at the end of the mode it feel just another random encounter while with Ryu he does the job for Akuma, so that Akuma impression would’t be so bad for another era. His personality isn’t worth salvaging by sacrificing worthy characters, all that build him up was only SFV’s trailer and super saiyan rip off skill.

That was the biggest shit, as agents/soldiers Chun and Guile should have the tactical lead, while the rich gurl drop the $$$ for it

But tbh more than hyping Karin just got too much story relevance and screen time for a such shitty character

Record-wise her final fight was vs fucking pink hair megaphone doll LOL

Actually was more a feat defeat Rashid (even if sure af was’nt the angry-Rashid that fought Fang at the end)

Balrog, Cammy and Vega is okay because they have there personal and priority concerns in the SF history to act them in the cinematic mode.

Like Cammy joining Juri for saving and freeing Decapre and the rest of the dolls, that the extent of her character because that is her priority concerns than bring down Shadaloo.

Vega had his concern in beauty, women and Cammy, while Balrog is Ed and simply money…

It’s the only logical scenario. Then again, if it was a full blown tournament, how did Ryu, Oro, and Akuma not make it to the finals? Story telling at that time was much fuzzier than today so there is a lot of conjecture involved and a lot of residual bullshit from the plotguide.

IMO:

Urien won the Illuminati tournament in NG/SI, he actually beat Gill.
Alex was confirmed to be significant during the tournament, which is why Gill went after him directly in 3s.
Ryu and Oro fought, and Oro put him in his place.
Akuma and Oro did not fight.
Dudley did well in the tournament and got his car back, but he did not “beat” Gill.

In SF3:3s, either Gill got Alex, or Urien got Gill. Those two endings are the ones that make the most sense to me for the future of the overall story arc of the series.

Everything else besides Chun-Li, Ken, Sean, and Ryu/Oro (which all happened IMO) is generally inconsequential to the main story arc and the mainstays.

I think Q, Twelve, and Necros endings are 100% true. Remy’s is irrelevant so need to argue whether it is true or not. Akuma’s is canon because it goes with what is being set up in SF5 (that he is getting closer and closer to Oni). Elena’s are probably true because it was set up in SF4.

Ed trailer tomorrow, everyone make a final prediction on what his fighting style will be?

I’m starting to believe Akuma’s actual presence in Second Impact was non-existent. His ending took place several yrs before the events of SF3, and was basically Akuma testing out the technique he used to sink his island.

I think they just added him as a playable character and didn’t think much about how he’d factor in the story.

Telekinesis?

Akumas ending in sfv should be that he wins the tournament and uses the prize money to visit the barbers. Thereby getting ready for 2nd impact.

CvS1 Bison without the flying shenanigans, and few boxing shit. His Psycho Power will be locked behind specials, ex specials, or maybe even just his CA.

His use of Psycho Power will rely more on telekinesis and some of the “lighter” abilities of this chi, rather the high end stuff that we see Rose and Bison being capable of.

I’d say it can. Soul Power grants mind reading. Since they’re opposite extremes, it’s likely.

Where does Soul Power grant mind reading in the canon?

After Rose defeats Vega in Alpha 3, she reads his mind to learn Bison’s location.

Totally forgot about that.

I guess Psycho Power really does know no limits…

what time do the trailers come out?

Kinda random, but I was just thinking about Bison in crossovers.

I really enjoy how he’s often portrayed in those.

An extensive look at Bison in various crossovers:

X-Men Vs Street Fighter: Bison still wanted to attain world domination, but decided to pair with Magneto to defeat Apocalypse. Once this is done, he betrays Magneto and takes him down. I always liked these two as a team because they’re polar opposites. Magneto wants a world where mutants can live in peace, whereas Bison wants the world to be filled with negativity. Aka Psycho Power. Bison also appears in Rogue’s ending with the promise that he’ll make her into a normal human. We all know she would’ve been brainwashed into one of his minions had she accepted his offer. He also kidnaps Nash and transforms him into Shadow here.

Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter: Bison ended up being paired with Omega Red. His *original *pairing was with Doctor Doom. Unfortunately there was some licensing issues that prevented Doom (Iron Man as well) from making the roster, so they just used Omega Red instead. This seemed to be a continuation of the previous game. The Shadow project was completed, and Bison unleashed him into the world.

Marvel Vs Capcom 1: Bison wasn’t playable, but he seems to be doing stuff behind the scenes. Bison trapped Chun when she confronted him, but Shadow intervened and saved her at the last minute. He also comes across Jin and leaves him in a near death state, before he’s eventually rescued and transformed into a “Shadow” by Shadow Lady and Shadow.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2: Bison apparently joined everyone in the battle against Abyss after Ruby Hearts warning. Not that Bison would really want to help anyone, but it seemed to be necessary to keep the world from falling apart. We all know Bison would be looking for his own personal gain in a crisis like this, though.

Capcom Vs SNK: Here, Bison was one of the tournament hosts. He mainly created the tournament to draw the strongest fighters out and fight them. Before nuking the Shadaloo lab, he says he’s going to absorb their potential into his Psycho Power in their next encounter.

Capcom Vs SNK 2: My guess is Bison wanted to see what was taking place behind the scenes of the tournament. In his ending, he sees the Satsui no Hado and Orochi Power in action, then says the “fools” (Akuma and Rugal) weren’t worthy of the power.

Capcom Fighting Evolution: There doesn’t appear to be any story related purpose for Bison here. His ending shows him easily defeating Gill with the Psycho Crusher. Gill used resurrection, but that wouldn’t stop Bison from easily dropping him again.

SNK Vs Capcom: Match of the Millennium: Bison joined Geese and formed the B&G Alliance. The two organized the world fighting tournament and intended to draw fighters in for experimental purposes. Ryu and Iori were kidnapped, exposed to harsh experiments, and used as test subjects against the tournament winners. Bringing out Ryu’s Satsui no Hado was Bison’s plan, while unleashing Riot Iori was Geese’s idea.

SNK Vs Capcom Chaos: Bison’s main goal here seems to be attaining ultimate power. After defeating Firebrand or Athena, his Psycho Power appeared to grow significantly, shocking Juni and Juli. He then goes off into space, looks down onto the Earth, and says, “The time’s come for me to take my prize…” His interactions with the entire cast was top-notch here.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Bison appeared in Dormammu’s ending when he came to Earth seeking the wicked beings of the world.

Street Fighter X Tekken: The power of Pandora was his main focus here. Even though he and Juri disliked each other, it was necessary for them to team up and find it. In his ending, it states Bison used the Pandora to augment his Psycho Power, which allowed him to gain newer, much greater powers than before. He then utilized these powers to annihilate the Mishima Zaibatsu.

I really hope Bison is in Infinite. With the emphasis on story, I feel as though he’d be perfect for the game. We all know he wouldn’t hesitate to steal the Infinity Gauntlet for himself if he could, and seeing how he’d act when it comes to dealing with a threat like Ultron-Sigma would be very cool. Bison for Infinite!