The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Stop your crying. Just play as Chun-Li in arcade mo-…

Oh.

My bad.

Carry on.

Is Capcom setting Ed up to b e the next villain?

Perhaps he was reading their thoughts without knowing that he has that ability yet.

In the final part she’s one of the ones that get most far into Shadaloo, and take the responsibility to fight Fang, a ShadaKing, to let Ryu free to go fight Bison.
She defeat Fang and save the little girl, from there they build up the maternal role, but it’s not like if it was the only thing.

Ultimately she got a successful arc

Guile
Cammy
Necalli
Birdie
Ken

Now, them have been treated like shits

I’ve no idea what you peoples expected from Chun Li, but that’s about what she’s supposed to be

She defeats FANG huh? After Rashid (whom she lost to earlier) beats the crap out of him and marz sends him flying down a long fall. By your logic, Cammy got a successful arc because the dolls are now free. Oh, also, Cammy didn’t lose all but one fight.

No.

The next villain is Gill.

Ed is either going to be an annoying prick for a game or two or Bison’s next form.

@crash_and_burn

There is no reason to believe Psycho Power allows one to actually read people’s minds. Precognition isn’t the same as knowing what is presently happening in people’s heads.

Hey Daemos, although its canon that Alex won the Third World Warrior Tournament

was Alex objectively the best fighter in that tournament? or were their other factors that allowed him to win?

Pretty sure its well established luck was a factor in Alexs win. Ryu was beaten by Oro I think? And Oro dropped out afterwards. Ryu also clashed with Hugo.

Not-losing-on-purpose-Gill, Oro, Akuma, Ryu and likely Urien* >>> Alex

Will probably bet on Ken > Alex

Will probably favor Alex over chinese kids, sean, Hugo, both jap girls, remy, 12, necro

No idea on Alex vs Dudley, Chun and Q

*will say that Urien destroy SF3 Alex for sure, but that Chun vs Urien shit was embarassing.
Hopefully they explain it as some sort of fixed-rules shit like a “hit me once and you win” thing

Yes, IIRC

SEMI FINAL
Oro eliminated Ryu, then retired himself. Both would have defeated Alex (Ryu easily defeated Alex in SF3TS)

FINAL
Gill, who showed basically no interest in win any of the fights he’s involved if he consider the opponent good

I’ve no idea who he fought to reach semi-finals tough (not Hugo)

So did Gill let Alex win the tournament ?

Cammy does’nt had “successful arc because the dolls are now free” more than Guile having success because “shadaloo fallen ad he was winners chopter pilot”

Also SFV Cast Characters > NPCs

Cammy got successful vs fucking dolls, but lost her real challenge vs a real character in Vega (twice) and needed both times Juri to step in and be her pimp

In comparision Chun got her final duel with Fang as role in story and winning it is a success.
Watching the cutscene she won it easily too, as in the intro she smoke him without be touched

Ed trailer tomorrow guys, HYPE

what time do they usually come

Chun suffered the most from Karin’s overhyping. Chun had no real leadership in the fight against Shadowloo, and didn’t do very much aside from that last fight vs FANG. Which puts her on par with “special training” Ryu.

I’d give “worst story mode presence” to Alex, Laura, and Ken in that order. Pretty sure several dolls had more screentime than the underdeveloped protagonist of SF3, and Laura was just an idiot. Ken actually had more impact than some of the other characters not listed, but considering how big he is in the series and community, he was a colossal flop.

Like I said, FANG is probably NPC tier after getting shat on by rashid and marz prior to his chun fight. I just don’t see how you think Chun got it better than Cammy.

Gill likely let Dudley*, Alex, Urien and maybe Akuma** defeat him

Notice that after SF3, Ryu fought Alex in SF3TS and had zero problems defeat Alex

Alex is talented with great potential, but he’s not THAT good in SF3

*did’nt know if he took a loss, but gave his car back
** possibly not canon

Agree Chun or Guile should had the leadership since they are the most experience into dealing with Shadaloo,

Karin can do the resources thing and leading her team(Mika and Ibuki).

Ken should have been someone that also went inside with Ryu that decide to left out in a few moments to save Ryu and cover his way in the Shadaloo raid.

I try to look at things in the context of the story and a character’s place in it. Laura was crap in story mode. Alex was a non presence and so was Ken. But in a story about the end of Shadaloo, neither of those characters really need to be playing a significant role anyway. They are too tenuously connected in the grand scheme of things, at least for this particular story. You can easily tell by Mika and Ibuki’s inclusion too. They feel outta place cause they just have no real strong connections with Shadaloo. It;s funny cause the characters with probably the most ties with Shadaloo got it the worst in terms of story. Guile, Cammy, Chun were just bad.

Necalli sucked too.

Karin, Rashid, Ryu, FAng. Bison, Dhalsim, Zangief, Kolin, Urien, Nash(with the exception of no credible attempt to acknowledge the Guile/Nash friendship) and possibly Balrog and the Dolls all fared the best out of the cast in story mode.

Birdie, Ibuki, Mika, Alex, Ken, Laura, Juri, and Vega I think are kinda neutral. Not really awful, but not good either. Although I am almost tempted to put Juri in the trash tier. Some of her story is just odd and should’ve been better.

Necalli, Chun, Cammy, Guile are in the trash tier.

Are we expecting the Warrior Prophet to be a DLC character or not

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/7/78/WarriorProphet.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160620021359

Necalli eats him in his prologue.