The IL FAQ/Information thread *Happ now is too grimey to even use Cherry switches*

this the same
IL buttons is PSL
happ buttons is iL PSL-L or PSL-L/CV “-L” - long + 5mm
iL sell buttons with cherry D42 (Ultimarc) happ with KWJ

Hey Samurai, do Happ buttons last longer than Sanwa’s ?

yes. their microswitches are rated for 10,000,000 uses while Sanwa’s are only for 1,000,000. Sanwas feel a lot better though

Ugh ! That website is a mess.

lol

I have questions. I still don’t know if I really see/understand the difference between the iL comp and the Happ comp. I have one of each, and after taking them both apart (to switch my heavy spring from my Happ comp over to the iL comp) I saw absolutely no difference in how they were built except for the iL using clear parts in instead of black ones for some things. My original Happ comp had a heavy spring, sanded down microswitches and a clear actuator, did that make it basically the same as an iL?, or is there some other hidden difference that I’m not seeing? Do I still need to sand down the microswitches for the iL comp too? Thanks in advance for any help given!

Figured I post it here first, but I haven’t gotten a response in a long time, so if no one responds in a while, I’ll post it as a new thread. Seems like it’d be easy to get info, but apparently not.

Honestly, ive had alot of trouble with my p360. I wish happ would let someone else make those sticks. I love the p360 but, i dont want to have to sand the actuator, grease the washer, baby sit the happ chairman’s daughter and do back flips to play a single game of cvs2 without worrying about my angles being stupid.

:mad:

Anybody got any info on my question three posts up? ^ ^ ^ Thanks.

Your happ with il actuator and sanded switches should be fine if the switches do not squeek. I am not sure if the Industrias Lorenzo Eurojoysticks with the cherry microswitches that have dark blue/black tabs needs to be sanded as well as I don’t have one yet. I had a broken old Happ Comp from some snes stick and a shitty new comp. I ended up just using the base and actuator from the old comp with the handle and microswitches from the new shitty one and put the unholy combination (and a hard spring) in my snes stick. I also replaced the shitty ultimate buttons with competition ones. It works very well for Super Star Wars.

I ordered a pair of the IL Comps from Lizard Lick and should get them within the week. I’ll post in here about how it is, ie. if switches need sanding, etc.

Good stuff. Thanks for the info man!

Ok, so I will now beg everyone for some REAL help.The guuys at the HRAP 3 thread rofl-ed at me for my problem.I live in small country, I managed to buy the HRAP3 for 170 euros (!).I tried an octogonal gate, I tried a bat top-it is good for Street Fighter II, but a disaster for Mortal Kombat.The buttons feel too lite, and miss often, especially when 3 pressed at the same time (Sub-Zeros slide or Sonyas leg grab).I totally refuse to play Japanese sticks, and my hand is too big for them.I ordered an EURO stick, looks exactly like the competition, but it is way too large to fit.My neighbour is a carpenter and I asked him to make a wooden custom box, so I can move iin the HRAP3 (which I did put Sanwa buttons), and put the competition stick.Help pleaase! This is what I got:

http://www.starcab.net/product_info.php?cPath=89_135&products_id=109

http://www.starcab.net/product_info.php?cPath=219_151&products_id=584

I don’t know guys I’m seriously thinking of ditching Happ/iL sticks altogether and going in a different direction. I’ve had my custom stick for a 1-1/2 months now and even after a lot of practice and “breaking in the stick” the response with moves in SFAC is still spotty at best. I have one of each: (1) Happ comp (from Lizard Lick) and (1) iL comp (From Ponyboy) and I haven’t noticed a difference between them at all. For games like Virtua Fighter they aren’t bad, but in SF Anniversary Collection (especially when facing right->) I can’t get a dragon punch or a fireball to work right to save my freakin’ life. It either doesn’t register at all or I get the wrong move/animation, and hitting corners ain’t all that great either.

Fixt00l
To clarify, are you wondering how to mount a Comp stick and Sanwa snap-ins in the same case?

Illustrator76
To the best of my understanding, the described mods you made to the Happ Comp are to restore it to its original quality (that of the IL Comp) so it’s all normal that you can’t tell the difference. Are you migrating to American parts from a Playstation controller? Saturn pad? A different Happ stick?? Japanese stuff?!!

I’m sure you’ve already heard plenty of “practice more.” I found it has a little more to do with how you’re practicing. Take some time in training mode just to play with the stick’s positions for triggering desired directions. Decide exactly how you’ll be holding it in various positions, and how you’ll move between them… this should be natural and comfortable, so just let it happen, don’t think about it too much.

Pick one or two movements you want to work on, one at a time. Do the movement slowly a few times so you know exactly what you’re aiming for. Then do it fast (normal play speed, I mean), but think about exactly what you’re doing (ie. ignore the screen, other than to confirm success/failure); you should be able to tell what about the motion you’re doing incorrectly. Once you’ve got the exact motion down-pat, keep doing it while you focus on the screen, but think about hitting the right spots with your motion. Do this for a little while every time before you play… the better you get with it, the less time you’ll spend on it.

Then play the computer for a while, and make sure you think about the motion every time you do it. When you feel your consistency is excellent, throw a human into the mix, just for a little added pressure/distraction.

Before you know it, you’ll accidentally stop thinking about the motion, and it will still be coming out just fine, at which point it’s of course become natural! If you do this a for a few play sessions in a row, it’s as good as cemented in your head.

I just got my IL Competitions from Lizard Lick yesterday and after some play I can say they really aren’t that much better than what we’ve had before. Out of the bag they seemed to almost have a square gate as the notches were very well defined. Even with microswitches I already had sanded from a stick that DID move in a nice circle, the IL ones did not. It was better, but you could still feel the notch in some of the corners. So based on my experiences, this is how I rate the different Competition sticks:

1. Happ-made w/ black actuator : Black actuator, as has been discussed thoroughly, sucks for various reasons. The black pivot cylinder also sucks. This is the worst of the 3 Comps.

2. IL-made : Better than the Happ-made, but not really by much. White actuator still rubs a lot against microswitches, even after sanding. This is in the middle.

3. IL-made, Happ distributed : I’ve had a few of these that right out of the bag moved in a perfect circle (seemingly). After some microswitch sanding they will move in a nice circular in they don’t already. In my opinion, the best out of all the Competitions (except maybe Wico which I have never tried).

I don’t know exactly what the difference is between 2 and 3, I just know 3 feels better. And this is after playing with a pair of the IL Comps. Hope this is useful for someone.

I guess I will just stick permanently with Japanese sticks for 2d fighting games (and almost everthing else with the notable exception of 3d fighters for which I usually prefer TaeYoung Fantas)

I gotta agree with you man. As I said a few posts before yours, I really don’t see much of a difference between iL comps and Happ comps at all. I will try practicing SFAC the way that deadfrog suggested, but I doubt that I’ll see much of a difference. My iL comp is absolutely WACK for 2D fighters. It works great with VF5 so I guess I’ll still keep it for that…but I LOVE my 2D fighting games and I need a stick that is going to respond the way it’s supposed to. I seriously came close to breaking my iL comp trying to do a dragon punch yesterday…not good. I’m about to start designing and building a Japanese stick ASAP (probably Seimitsu).

I think that’s the smart move my good Samurai. I will be keeping my iL comp stick for VF5 because it works for that game. I will begin building a Japanese stick as soon as I get done with the measurements for it (I never thought it would come to this…me using Sanwa or Seimitsu over Happ for most of my gaming).

Welp, I pulled a dumb move and forgot to order a hard spring when I got my il eurostick from Lizard Lick. Is there any way I can get one without paying 6 dollars shipping for a 2 dollar part?

If your order hasn’t been sent out contact Lizard Lick and aslong as it hasn’t been sent out yet then you should be good to go. Just make sure you get in contact asap.