The IL FAQ/Information thread *Happ now is too grimey to even use Cherry switches*

Yeah the sound the cherry switches make when pressed always sounded pretty familiar to me, like I’d had an appliance or other game product that used them but did not realize it.

They are very basic contact switches after all. It would not surprise me if they’re used for other stuff besides gaming.

That’s pretty strange hehehehe… like “my car is filled with Happ cherry switches!!!” lol

Damn right. What do you think is behind that button on your car’s AC? :wink:

Mwhahaha!!

One time, I had to reverse the + and ground wires on a switch, is this a common problem?

Parry that fresh breeze!! :looney:

On a related note, turning the wheel a quarter-circle and pressing the gas button can be used to wreck a car. Bonus round!

Does anyone know what is considered the standard good mounting depth for a Competition joystick? I’ve seen a lot at 7/8" (3/4" wood plus 1/8" glass) on bad cabs, but… well, those are bad cabs.

3/4" is the standard mounting depth. Mas may use 1/2"

^ Thanks a ton for the answer, man. ^

Another couple of questions… just hoping to figure out a few more things before I place another order.

Are the screw holes in the P360’s mounting base in the same places as on the Competition? (The P360 Adobe document calls it an “assembly hub,” to clarify which part I’m talking about in case it isn’t clear.) What I mean is, if I drill holes for one, will the other fit too? I have a few Comps on hand and the Happ website has this on it but I can’t find anything for the P360.

Does anyone how the most current P360’s are, quality-wise? Concerning GOLDN-NZ’s replacement washers, is that still an issue with the newest ones today? Is it now expected to be a permanent problem going forward?
I’ve read that there have always been assorted problems with various batches over the years and–as far as I could tell–most of these seemed to eventually work themselves out, but those defects seemed more like production errors (wrong resistors in 2002 or something) rather than flaws inherent in the design (new manufacturer for a critical piece)…

I am pretty sure the screw hole locations (no homo) are in the same place on the P360 and the Comp. I would double check though if I were you. I have no idea about the second question but I would assume thatr the problems with the washers are still there.

Competition Actuator Tip

Seen a problem a couple times on Competition sticks (white actuator)…

Sometimes there’s extra material on the side of the actuator, like the remainder of a little tab or something. Since this is where the actuator contacts the switch, you might notice an inconsistency in one of the directional inputs, such as a ‘double-click’ as the extra material first contacts then slips off the switch.

Just sand it flush to fix, takes only a few seconds.

Also, sometimes there seems to be a lack of response because of the actuator. I have had problems where the corners are not responsive, such as back+down. I had to turn the actuator 180 degrees and it worked. I could now hear both switches click at the same time.

Question about the P360 use on a ps2. I have heard there could be problems, and I have heard people can get it to work right. MAS offers it as an option on their site, for example. Can someone link me to a thread that discusses this or post the info here?

UPDATE
On the Competition manufacturing flaws, Happ use to simply distribute them, iL manufactured them. Now Happ has their own factory in China producing inferior Competition joysticks. However there is a solution! Ponyboy/Rollie Electronics is now an official iL vendor so you can buy the original, GOOD Competition joysticks from him for slightly more money :). I recently learned this on the Arcadecontrols.com forum. Sorry Chad, but I have to recommend that people purchase their Happ Competitions from Ponyboy. You still are #1 for Japanese parts though!

Ok, ok, ok… I wasn’t going to make a big deal out of this, but since I’m kind-of being called out here on Happ’s Craptastic joysticks, I guess I’ll go ahead and let everybody know that we will be carrying IL joysticks from this point forward. Once our current stock is depleted, they will be replaced by IL. You may see other changes on our website regarding other Happ items as well, but you’ll have to go to the website to find out about that…

Evil, if you could make a footnote or something in your original post, that would be great…

Thanks,

Chad
http://www.lizardlick.com

OOOOOOOO

sign me up for dem IL’s

ok first post updated. I wish I could get a new Happ stick now, but I just bought a HRAP2 a few weeks ago.

Traders should use original names. Name “Competion” it is total idiotic it fits great to Chinese crap. Orginal name is EuroJoystick, Happ it altered name on Competion. why do americans always alter names? Super Joystick - Compact Joystick, STC - Omnistick
when Happ it begins sell JLF it will alter name on Cross-Eyed Joystick? or something more stupid Super Turobo F*** Japan Joystick?

first post updated with this information

Does anyone know how current Happ buttons compare to the Industrias-Lorenzo ones?

And dont forget to to try Tornado Terrys for these retro fit ball tops for your Supers or Comps.

www.tornadoterrys.com