The IDAHO Thread

I am so stoked from the great responses and the excitement from you guys. Practice up and get ready for Sunday, June 21st at my place. Hopefully everyone can make it down. Request it off from work and mark it in your calendar cause it’s goin down. We will eat, drink and game all day and I will try to put some prizes together for whatever tourneys we run. Street Fighter 4 will be the focus but we will also try to play whatever everybody wants to. Open to suggestions.

Come to compete but most of all come to have a good time with some good people.

Sorry mercy that is Fathers day i wont be able to make it most likely working and if not playing golf with my dad i am sure. I am really down for the idea though we need to get all of us Boise/Idaho players in the same area.

I play vega, Chun, Bison. Not in that order but yeah, 360 on a hrap ex.

I did not realize the gathering was on Fathers Day. Not sure if I can make it now but if I show it will most likely be later in the day.

Does anyone else find it odd that we have so many Vega players here?

If anyone would like to get some games in before the gathering hit me up. I have a couple sticks for the PS3. Later in the night works best.

Yes, there is a lot of vega players.

I’ll play against any one, whenever. but it just takes me a while to finally get out there and play. I’m a casual player but at least I am good. So if you want decent competition, I’m always down for a few matches. And I play on my Virtua Fighter: High Grade stick. PS3.

Woops!

In light of the revelation that the 21st is father’s day lets go ahead and push it to the 28th. To recap: All of Boise will hopefully come together on Sun, June 28th for a tournament and introductions. I will let you know more details as they come but i want to make sure the 28th is a good date first so let me know.

Dayum Ian and Ramon. You guys be getting some new blood. Hope to be doing the same here. Hopefully we can show that the Northwest scene ain’t just Western Washington and Oregon!

It would be nice to see the other parts of the Northwest level up Mike. My only concern is how hungry this new blood is. Takes a long time to go from scrub to competent tournament player, time will tell.

All it takes is some patience and being able to take criticism. We’ll see how things roll out in the next few months. Hopefully it isn’t a let down. Can’t become the best player out there over night. So we’ll see how a night of gaming works out, and from that point on, if they aren’t all that great, there will be lot of practice, practice, and more practice. Depending on how Ian says, “hungry this new blood is”.

Work and friends kills my practice :tdown: lol. My Rog and Vega seem to be coming around on the stick though. I wouldn’t say new blood been playing street fighter since 94’ new to SRK though for sure.

Everything looks good for the 28th, so let me know asap if you guys can’t make it and i will make other arrangements. I am gonna pm my phone number to a few of you so you can text me if you wanna practice up before the 28th. My schedule is never set in stone so if you guys got time I can probably make some time.

I hope you all are not disappointed by may lack of skill. My only goal is to get everyone together and have a good time while getting better. I would like to see a nice community blossom in Boise.

When I use statements like new blood I am not referring to players new to SF but new to high level SF.

The 28th looks good on my end.

Personally I’m not too interested in people’s level of skill but their commitment to getting better. I have my hopes set to the idea of a scene/community growing in Boise as well. Last time I remember Boise having somewhat of a scene was during the MvC2 days at Gameworld.

Ya i don’t play tourneys that is for sure not many in Idaho lol. I work the 28th 10-4pm so after that i can head over and I am good.

116 matches later… I surrender for the evening. You win Ian. :wink:

You guys played without me :frowning:

this Sunday night (21st) we will be at my buddy Ivar’s house doing all kinds of stuff including street fighter so you all are welcome to come. just text me or call me if you interested.

oh and you got next jeff :wink: sorry

I won’t be able to make the 21st since I’ll be at work.

Also, those videos you posted up aren’t working properly it seems, or it could be my side thats acting up. the sound comes in smooth, but video is really really slow and choppy and doesn’t sync up.

It’s cool to have a working computer to use again.

Gaming at your place was chill Mat. Sagat double roundhouse, ultra combos hurt. Looking forward to throwing down again.

Random SF4 scene starting to come together in Boise is too good.

Fear I U G…

this can’t be all we got for idaho…lol can’t wait for the tourney on sunday, hopefully cash payout for 1st and 2nd? (:<

don’t think i forget about you mike!