The " I can't Kara Throw on pad!" Thread

Cool, I think i’ll try it the old fashioned way first… O, square and X all at the same time right?!

your supposed to do O first then the rest, but you can just press them at the same time and you’ll get it often enough

Appreciate it.^

when you go to do it though i find it easier if i have the joint of my thumb on circle so its on there first then actually pressing square and X

I tried to do it in battle and it was pretty difficult. Is there another EASIER way to kara throw?

if you mean without using r2 then i don’t know. you could practice by making your block strings shorter to just get a range of a normal throw then kara throwing and once your confident trying longer strings

I’ve just gotta practice the timing of it and get comfortable with the inputs.
Thanks.

no problem i’m glad to help a fellow ken player.

Since I play on the PS3 for controller (regular default)… I use Square+X and then HK (R2). I’m trying not to use this method much…cuz I’d rather use MK (circle) than HK. Little hard to do on controller… Would use my arcade stick but I just at playing with it.

i made a post a little farther up of how i do it, it seems to work most of the time for me since the way circle is positioned the joint area of my thumb when i hit them together hits circle while the upper part of my thumb presses x and square so circle ends up first 85% of the time for me.

Ahhh that’s a pretty good idea. I never thought of pressing circle first, then square and ‘x’. Guaranteed that will help me more. Kinda jumped pages in this thread n’ didnt read em all. But I will try it that way. Will need to practice it more.

i’m still pressing the buttons at the same time basically (MK comes first in a kara throw)and only using one finger and only using my thumb like how most do it on a pad, but my thumb is positioned a lot closer to the right stick so when i go to press square and x i don’t really press circle the joint in my thumb lays on it really and since it’s closer to the edge of the pad it ends up first. i’m just saying this to make sure you understand what i was saying, your message kind of made me feel like i gave you the wrong idea of how i do it.

It’s all good. I understand. It does make since for the st.MK to come out first before throwing. Still learning new things about characters.

good luck with them

How do you Kara focus and kara Shoryuken on a pad?

to kara focus it is pretty much the same as a kara throw you hold forward and press and hold mk and mp however you want to do mk slightly before mp, to kara shoryu you do a shoryuken motion ending in forward so then again press mk and either lp or fp around the same time (mk first)

Thanks boss man!!

If anyone hasn’t already thought of this, then I have actually thought of a good method. Change PPP on the ps3 pad to medium kick. If you use ultra 2, then there’s no move you can’t execute considering that you can still ex fireball and shoryuken with 2 buttons : p

kara throw on pads (with default settings):

Hold down R2/RT and press ->lp+lk+KKK
holding down H.K should change the KKK to only l.k and m.k

have fun =)