The " I can't Kara Throw on pad!" Thread

i as well cannot do it.

but this is what i’m doing, f + HK. I hold these buttons and right after i input this, i hit LP + LK. but it’s a fake out. is holding the kick button a problem? or am I not closing the gap enough?

Use f+mk, f+hk has reduced range and its slightly harder to do. I could do this consistently on a pad before getting a stick, too much complaining not enough practicing . You should be able to do this in no time at all on a pad, just watch this vid and match your inputs with his in training mode.
[media=youtube]9We8ZsutK_c[/media]:angel:

Nah, a lot of people here have success with kara throwing on a pad. Like anything it takes practice. Stick isn’t necessarily better than a pad, if people practiced as much on a pad as a stick I’d say they’re both as effective. Only thing I think is option selects are probably a lot harder on the pad, everything else is about equal.

I’ve been reading that F HK into throw also works? I thought it was only FMK. FMK is pretty tough on the controller I don’t feel like changing the configuration.

f.hk works. f.hk has the same startup frames and can be canceled just like f.mk.

true.

i got my TE yesterday and cant do a kara throw properly on it yet. Although i havent put the inputs on in training mode to see where im going wrong i was ok doing them on pad but obviously its because i practised them on pad alot and have yet to do this with the stick. just takes practice and finding a technique that feels comfortable and is reliable.

did it like 3 times on saturday. :slight_smile:

Dear lord, it’s like being potty trained, proud to have done it the first time.

Ken’s Kara throw made easy for pad players!

How: Since KKK is already mapped to a button, simply do the following input: forward+KKK~LP(jab).

If it doesnt come out, turn on the display input option and verify that the following input is displayed:

->KKK
->PKKK (where P is jab/LP and KKK is all kicks)

Hope this helps pad players incorporate one of ken’s main attacking option into their gameplay.

wouldn’t forward + KKK give you a thunder kick

actually that means you’re karathrowing with the thunderkick

way less range

I think you could kara throw with mk if you roll your thumb.

yeah, you’re right, it is kara throw using f+roundhouse, but its still much easier than f+forward~jab+short.
It’s less in range but at least it’s easier to do kara throw this way.

I’ve been preaching this forever. lol

I don’t see an outstanding difference in range, and it works really well… and is completely reliable.

Can anyone really test this, or present some kind of data that shows that medium kick is better? I’ll hit up training mode and look but I’ve been testing it out every 3 months since Vanilla.

mk has more range always better to do mk the only reason i use hk is too kara a strong dp or kara a strong fireball

Where’s the pudding that has the proof in it?

For the record, i am not arguing that this is a substitute for the kara throw with f+mk. However, i personally feel that this is the next best thing and the most practical option while in a match, given the layout of the ps3 pad. Also, this puts less strain on your fingers/hands. If anyone can provide an easier method to do kara throw on pad with f+mk, i am all up for it. Infact, this thread was created for just this reason, to help other ken pad players incorporate kara throw into their gameplay, since i personally struggled alot to pull off f+mk kara throw on pad consistently during matches.

I dont care what people say about range, f+mk on pad is fucking harder than f+hk. I’m astounded i didnt think about f+KKK. thanks, it’ll be easier on that saturn pad thats soon to arrive.

seriously try it in the lab yourself the range is inarguable

that’s not even a word.

but it sounds like one

I see that Ken is slightly more ahead of himself with mk than with hk kara.

I was testing out a couple block strings to see if the range really made a difference in that effect… there wasn’t much difference.

However, weaving in and out of range and doing mk kara (like backdashing a reversal for example) proved to be a little more effective.

For pad players, 3 kicks is just as good for most situations… the mk kara throw is going to be situational because of its difficulty on a 6 button face.

or a 4 face for that matter