The Hollywood sexual harassment thread. Here, "horny" stands for "hands off right now, you!"

Mods can delete this if it’s wrong to have it for whatever reason.

But there’s been so much shit popping up in the wake of Harvey Weinstein that I felt it needed its own thread for news stories and discussion. Harassment stories are coming out left and right, not just for Harvey, but for other Hollywood people too.

So, to start off, here’s the article that kicked off the whole firestorm. Long read, so the gist is just that it lists girls Harvey harassed and says he paid them off.

Here’s a more recent article that details what’s happened with Harvey since then. Listing all the individual articles with harassment claims would have been too much.

Like I implied, this has had a snowball effect.

Amazon executive Roy Price was put on “leave” and then resigned after a female showrunner told Amazon about harassment she endured from him. She told Amazon a while back, but they’re just now doing something about it in the wake of Harvey.

The kid from “Stranger Things” dropped a talent agency when his agent through that agency had several sexual harassment claims levied towards him.

There’s probably tons of shit I haven’t even mentioned. I was hoping you guys could fill that in and talk.

Fuck Hollywood. Weinstein’s behaviour was apparently an open secret. But, the stupid whores put up with it to make it big.

Yes, they’re whores. I wouldn’t be saying that if they had spoken out en masse - they’d have my sympathy if that were so.

They’re the most famous people in the United States, if not amongst the world. If someone needed to lose their career to expose him, so be it - they’re the victims, it’s their fight.

yeah, it seems a bit lame to jump on the bandwagon however many years later after the shit is already hitting the fan… always a horde of "me too!"s out there who apparently cared more about their careers at the time it supposedly happened. That shit should be reported asap if you truly had a problem with it…and something really off the wall like rape should’ve been reported immediately to authorities, but I suppose that’s too much to ask of them. It always seems to happen this way… 1 or 2 actually have the balls so to speak to come on out with the allegations…and then you have all these Johnny-come-lately muthafuckas saying “he raped me too… 28 years ago…”.

…and shouldn’t that piss off the more recent alleged victims anyway? Imagine that with other crimes… let’s say some child molester kidnapped and raped your son or daughter… then you find out this person did the same shit on a regular basis about 15 years prior and people knew about it. I’d be pissed the hell off that the earlier victims didn’t report it back then… but let me guess, people are going to continue making excuses for why they shouldn’t have been expected to do such a thing, right? It’s never on the women to do anything about any goddamn thing, or take even the slightest bit of responsibility for any situation, ever.

Weinstein the goat he dindu nuffin

The fact is probably several women did come forward with the claims before but no one cared. Much like with Cosby this is only blowing up due social media , evidence due Weinstein’s stupidity and Weinstein being in a weaker tier of power players then he was a couple years ago.

Time will tell if this doesn’t cycle through The industry for a few years before perverts in power and those that would purposely sell themselves anyway don’t wind reviving this culture underground.

Cosby was probably another massive open secret, like he be drinking with his boys boasting about the co workers he was fukkin then 10 drinks later he was revealing how to defeat ‘hard to get’ tactics.

Like I dunno if this is even thread worthy a topic cause it should just be a blanket given, wanna be rich and famous? Gonna need to take the dick. Except for Cosby ofcourse hes just a mad fuckin rapist. Gotta draw the line between starlets getting the couch and co workers getting the shaft.

I like how Harvey ain’t say shit about those 40ish white women claiming he did something but Lupita does it and he’s quick to defend himself. Fucking trash

People have always slept their way to the top in Hollywood. Not sure what all the fake outrage is about. From my understanding Harvey wasn’t the boss of these women. He used “I can make you a star” as a pick up line. A man trying to get laid isn’t a crime. I’ll take this matter seriously when all the women who throw themselves at celebrities & executives to get their careers going start getting fired for sexual harassment.

What? A lot of them probably weren’t as famous when he harassed them and were likely told they’d never have a career if they didn’t “play ball.” This guy was powerful enough to ruin careers and I can’t even imagine what it would be like to be forced with the choice of either blowing the whistle on one of the most powerful men in the industry or having a career. It’s a choice no one should have to make but people deal with it in different ways. Whistleblowing isn’t easy, if it was, everyone would do it.

1 Like

By sucking Mr. Weinstein off, and being an opportunistic parasite? I’m so glad those type of women didn’t have to find other employment, because I’m not down with working with people who will “do whatever it takes”.

Yes, it’s a choice no one should have to make, but my thing is, that rape is not a choice. And if being raped is not a choice, then these women weren’t raped like they claim. And technically I guess all of these broads were whistle blowers. Just not the good kind.

You can either blow the whistle… or you can blow the whistle.

If you gotta suck a nigga’s dick to get in showbiz, change careers or find another route.

Never understood the difficulty in that. . .

No one would be complaining if it was chris hemsworth rapin all these women

NeoGAF owner and admin Evilore accused of sexual assault (again) [Internet Happenings]

direct rip from reddit.

One person in that Reddit thread said Kotaku is going to break the story. If they do, I’m going to laugh my ass off.

Welp, guess I’m back posting here while neogaf implodes lol

As pervasive as this whole quid pro quo is in the movie industry, I can only guess that Weinstein lost clout by burning too many bridges amongst his peers and losing influence over time. I think his persistent predatory actions were fueled by his many silent successes and not his now vocal “failures”. He probably assumed after decades of boning D-now-A-list actresses in the biz that every actress knew the seedy Hollywood social contract and never assumed the societal changes would ever come back to haunt him. I also believe those actresses who turned him down were actually in the minority and his behavior was positively reinforced.

As for the rape allegations, although I do think he’s a total scumbag it’s hard for me to imagine (or want to imagine) that butterball was ever physically capable of raping a woman. Even is his “prime” he looked liked he was 2 jumping jacks away from a heart attack, which he later did have. I think the term “rape” in this case has been elongated to cover any time a woman is put in a situation that she doesn’t want to be in- but acquiesces, rather than the physical overpowering of a victim.

It makes more sense that he plucked these budding actresses when they started to get some traction in their careers and made these unsolicited advances since…

https://i.imgur.com/ZfzA7wQ.gif

Reading about the US Olympic Gymnastic doc is sicking, this guy needs to be locked up with no chance of parole.
https://twitter.com/McKaylaMaroney/status/920548528870400001

Yeah; my spine went cold when I read about that dude. He was exploiting all those little girls for years.

Or like my peeps @LordWilliam1234 and @angelpalm would say

Anyway welcome.