The Hakan General Discussion Thread

EX 360+P works well. If they jump I also make sure to slide the hell out of there.

THATS THE SAME I WAS THINKING so faar i cowardcrouched some of the best moves in game EX-Messiah Kick; Shoryuken; some ULTRAS! the hitbox is awsome is blankas as good as? or is it diffrent?

THATS THE SAME I WAS THINKING so faar i cowardcrouched some of the best moves in game EX-Messiah Kick; Shoryuken; some ULTRAS! the hitbox is awsome is blankas as good as? or is it diffrent?

I was hoping cower could allow grab setups but it’s hard to do since it makes you stand up quick.

Fireball chars > Hakan? 6-4?! :frowning:

I believe you can hold it, so you’ll stay on the ground longer.

For Makoto if she does Ultra 2 you can 360 k grab her outta the air i’ll try to recreate it and post a vid

Heres the recreation vid:
[media=youtube]_HoacfvrkK4[/media]

Also Gief can SPD us out of our slide, i cant remember it if was EX or not but it can be done

ugh iv been having a hard time beating my buddy’s juri due to not having a way to counter shikusen. Does anyone got any good strats from experience that can counter this?

hakan vs t.hawk

so ive been in the lab doing some tests against t.hawk first condor dive is very exploitable you can coward crouch EVERY condor dive from any position also if you can see wheres hes gonna land and its close you can coward crouch and 360p him if you oiled but if your not its best to do ex 360p you can also punish dive with f.hk and slide if your quick.Also we?ve all heard about t.hawks vortex where he jab spd to either mp spire(non cross up) or hp (cross up) now his options are jab spd again or cl.mp srk or cr.lk srk, now your options to deal with are if you think hes going for throw you can backdash if you oiled best bet is to f.hk if your not your backdash is short and you can ex spd him or cr.hk or slide, if he tryed to do st.mp into srk or cr.lk into srk timings tight but you can ex spd him oiled and unoiled when he lands from spire. also you can airthrow him outta dive to thats it for now be back with more later stay oily my friends

Most of the time J. MP into slide does the trick. After they get hit with one they are much less likely to spam it out. From my experience at least. Maybe coward crouch?

Also very good write up on T Hawk Shawn.

I really dislike how he loses oil faster when he gets hit …

Anyone got an idea what to do against Guy corner pressure?. He has a much less risk of just neutral jumping or flip grab shinanigins of all sorts. Whiffing a 360p grab is disastras as i become perfectly setup for his big target combo; doing ultra II is also a waste if he actually doesn’t jump.

Maybe I just need to read my opponent; but so far. It has not been fun being in the corner with Hakan.

If your opponent jump
-360+k (catchs him or move you out of the corner both is good)
-Jumping later +Airgrab (lets oil up and change the pressure)
-Jumping Early LK(DAMN GOOD ANTIAIR!)
-JumpingMP (Hughe damage!)

If your opponent stay groundet:
-EXThrow
-c.LK
-just block wait for a Opening c.MK xx Slide+press–LK.Oil Start Sheningan!

Thanks. Remind me to buy you a bottle of Johnson & Johnsons baby oil someday.

if you’re in the corner against balrog, bison, or dudley, be prepared to enter the school of down back… for days.

Good advice!

F+MP beats Zangiefs Jumping MK CLEAN :slight_smile:

I prefer canola myself

Just a note on the Blanka matchup. In my limited experience, Hakan makes Blanka his bitch. I’m pretty sure I punished all his balls on block with oil slide. That pretty much shuts down a good chunk of his game.

Indeed, I also think Blanka will be a good MU for Hakan, U2 shuts down every move too except for eletricity. He can’t even do the special hop trick in Hakan’s wakeup. One of the few MU’s that I’m still using U2.

Really? For most matchups I still use U2. Overall I think it is better because against good players if they see your ultra flashing they know they can’t jump. I am gonna put out a list of all ultras/moves it can beat out when I actually get the game.

U1 is still good in certain matchups though. But U2 seems to allow you more control over the match. For me Control > Damage.

yes, i figured that out after my first loss to a blanka, then i havent loss to a blanka since…just block/oil up, they gonna try to blanka roll, block, oil slide. all day lol