The First Lady of Fighting - General Chun-li Discussion

Shes gonna be worse in UMVC3 due to the fact zoning characters are gonna be dominating this time from the looks of it.

Hopefully someone will play Chun at one of these events and test some stuff out. Lots of little changes would be nice…cr.Jab hitting low, Kikoanken canceling properly, etc.

I don’t think it’s a glitch and last I heard it’s not being changed in Ultimate.

I haven’t seen any footage indicating that zoning is significantly stronger, much less “dominating.” It’s way too early to make these calls anyway. We’ll see.

Some top players have said it such as Justin, Floe, and in one interview forgot, seth said their looking to make zoning a more powerful tool in the game, characters like trish have gotten lots of buffs.

More powerful, yes.

“Dominating,” no.

Im still waiting for a dive kick… because ya know she fights with here legs.

If you ask me, Chun needs:
-Better airdash. Either 8-way or just faster. Her current one is decent, but not great.
-cr.L to hit low. Stupid that it can’t.
-Some OTG option. If nothing else, let Kikosho OTG. It’s bad that solo, her damage is crippled since she has no options for a finisher after a combo.
-Level 3 super buff. Enemies easily fall out of this and it has meh invincibility. Either let her activate it in the air, or fix it so they don’t fall out after the first set of kicks.

Someone please go to one of these events and test out Chun. Nobody plays her. : /

Edit: I’m gonna add a list of things to test in case anyone gets the chance to do so. Feel free to add ideas!

I can’t promise anything, but I plan on going to the LA fight club and seeing how chun handles will be a big part of what I’m there for.

Holy Sh**, I’m apalled…nobody cares about her anymore! I think it’s the only thread where there’s absolutely no discussion about her changes and whatnot =/

We care, there just aren’t enough of us, so when guys like me didn’t end up going to the fight club like they fucking said they would, we end up having to wait longer.

We’ll be all a-buzz when the game is released.

As of now, there’s only like, three known changes. EX SBK which seems useless, more damage, and the ability to block after Tenshyokaku which should have been in in the first place. So there’s really not that much to discuss.

She needs an OTG super duper badly.

if she’s able to tiger-knee that ex sbk like the regular one. I’ll be happy. also full screen fireball and faster start-up. I don’t know why it isn’t full screen in this version. If she could recover faster after her throw so she could hit the opponent before they fall, sort of like tron air throw, or just give her mvc2 throw. i don’t think they payed too much attention on chun when they were making this game, she’s too incomplete. I think umvc3 will be just as stupid as mvc3.

Pretty much this. I haven’t been keeping tabs on the Chun forums lately because there’s really been no new technology for her and she’s all but phased out of competitive play. I’m having a lot of hopes for UMVC3 for her but compared to the buffs others are getting, I’m really hoping just a flat damage buff and a few new cancels/tricks are enough to make her competitive.

Early footage pretty much shows teleports and zoning (whether projectile or long range normals ala Nemesis & GR) are very strong against the opposition. Obviously this is all subject to change in the final build.

I don’t have access to the Chun Li general QA thread OP but I’ll be reworkin gthe matchup/team thread to be more generalized thread including UMVC3 stuff in the next week or so. If someone like Lud can give me some input on what kind of groundwork we should have for this subforums to be all set for the weeks leading up to UMVC3 that’d be great. I really want to rework that thread as well as the video one as they’re kind of…barren and disorganized.

According to Jintor, Chun’s cr.L still doesn’t hit low in Ultimate.

Not to be a downer, but things are looking bleak for Chun. Other moves were tested by Jintor (kikosho, kikoanken, tenshokyaku) and none of them otg’d.
Also the new SBK is not down charge then up + S like I assumed it would be. Apparently all versions of SBK now have 2 levels of charge. The first level is the same as what Chun has now and the 2nd level is when she flashes pink and will do her new SBK. The variations of her new SBK seem to vary in the same way that her old one does.

I only want one thing. Bigger hitbox on jumping M. I want it to actually cross up medium and small characters and make her goddamn jump loops easier. I’ve been practicing them for weeks and I must be doing something horribly wrong because I just can’t get them down.

Anything beyond that would honestly just be gravy.

I think its because theres very little noise for Chun, she’s not very popular so i think Capcom were like w/e, seeing as how many people complained about captain america having no otg and Capcom probably saw this and gave him an otg because there was alot of demand for him.

personally i just think she sucks… i tried with her for a long time and i just had to admit defeat when it came to her. she IS a good character… but wholly incomplete… completely lacking in a VARIETY of tools. the biggest detriment to playing her though for me was her horrible ability to get in, and all the hitstun scaling her assist does…

as it is right now the only good things she has is her assist in the corner for blockstun and her at lvl3 anchor since she basically becomes unblockable and her damage scaling is alot less in XF. but beyond that i dont see any merit in playing her outside of fun casuals against players you know you are better than… against people of similar skill shes basically afk.

imo

-dime

Yea more or less. (I’d click the like button on your post except that’d be disrespecting dem thighs)

Anyways, this is totally the wrong venue for this but…I’m thinking of picking up IronMan. Where does he place best on a team? I’ve heard people say 2nd but I would think 3rd? Hit me up on AIM if you want: tbdrowsymuse