The First Lady of Fighting - General Chun-li Discussion

Here’s a place to discuss/speculate about Chun in Ultimate MvC3.

Let’s also keep a running list of confirmed and to-be-confirmed changes to Chun. I’ll add them to the OP and put a [+] or [-] by them to indicate buffs and nerfs respectively.

Confirmed Changes:
[LIST]
[][+] New version of SBK. Video: [media=youtube]78QKXbWyGnE[/media]
[
][+] Can move after air Tenshokyaku (upkicks)
[][+] Headstomp ( :d:+:m: ) can OTG.
[
][+] Kikosho can be mashed for additional hits.
[][+] Fixed Kikoanken input.
[
][+] Her st.:m: and cr.:m: can now be jump-canceled.
[*][-] Chun flashes pink when sitting on down charge.
[/LIST]

It doesn’t look like Chun will be getting hazanshu or an OTG as of now, but things could always change.

The “new move” is apparently a new verison of SBK. I’ve heard at least one source describe it as similar to Chun’s EX SBK in SF4, but I have not seen it personally. Giving Chun a “get off me” move is counter intuitive to her playstyle in MvC3, so this sounds fishy to me…

Im wondering whats up with the charge flash before SBK… Its like notifying the other player, BTW incase ure curious I got a SBK charged up here so act accordingly lol

yeah im not sure I like the charge flash on SBK. But it won’t change much against decent players. No one is going to see a chun crouching and forget about SBK.

That’s true, but why would they decide to exclusively give her a charge flash? Does this mean that other characters will have some on screen indicator too?

I think the charge flash might actually be a good idea if it’s used properly. You can probably charge and trick the opponent into thinking you’re gonna SBK, but switch in Lightning Legs. It could also help with her mix-ups hopefully. On the other hand is could just be a pointless addition :confused:

The only thing I can think of as to why they would make her flash when charging is probably that her new SBK move is probably some ridiculous SBK that creates a tornado and has 20 frames of invincibility. The only way to balance it is to show that she’s charging for it.

Lol we can only hope for a move that great…

I wish she could parry ala CvS2. That’d be an awesome buff for her in UMVC3. :frowning:

This would be such an awesome UMvC3 buff. Viper got an optic blast, so this would only be fair.

It’s either this, or give her back the old Shadow Lady ass missiles. :lol:

Lol. Viper Blast. I just saw that video.

I wish Chun-li had more hit-stun on her attacks. She has long combos, but so does Magneto, and he has gobs of hitstun on each of his attacks. That’s why his stupid ROM combo works. I want to be able to gain as much meter as he can.

And EX attacks would be an awesome way to burn the meter Chun-li gains.

The new Chun move is shown 40 secs in the video, its just a ex spinning bird kick.

The best part is it doesn’t actually burn any meter. Which probably somewhat coincides with the whole flashing purple thing. It’s most likely to signify that her “EX” SBK can be used. The invincibility on it must be pretty nasty too since it went through Deadpool’s level 1. I guess this is just another move to add to Chun Li’s ability to annoy the shit out of people with strong ass hit boxes.

I just hope they did something so she isn’t as reliant on assists to get damage off her throws or generally has an easier way of closing the gap. Too many characters close the gap more easily than she does for the lack of reward compared to them once you get in any way.

i wouldnt count on that.

Even if she doesn’t get an OTG (which it doesn’t look like she will and that’s fine), slightly increasing the time that foes remain on the ground after her throw would be a huge help. As of now you have to OTG assist before you even throw, which is sorta silly.

Or maybe there will be some other hypers for other characters which OTG similar to Storm’s, for THC combos after throws/airthrows.

Hazanshu could work as an OTG for her if Capcom does it right…and thats all she got?? An EX-Spinning bird? I am dissapoint.

There were rumors that she does more damage all around, but I’ve yet to see it in action.

are they letting her keep her infinite?

I’ve read the changes list but haven’t read anything about removing it.

The infinite is only possible due to a glitch leading to very little hit stun decay after a team aerial combo (I believe). That glitch is getting fixed, so no, it is not likely her infinite will still be possible.