The first and only Saki thread you'll ever need (Updated 1/04/09)

I made this thread because I love Saki. She is great at run away and with the right Assist she can be decent at rush down. (Her lack of good normals really hinder her)

I will go over her important pokes, all her special moves, what you should know/keep in mind about those pokes, combo’s and partners of choice.

I am using both numerical notions and SF notions (as best as I can) for EVERYTHING so everyone will be able to understand.

Keep in mind this is a very rough draft and I will be updating this post constantly. I have a lot of strats already listed and still know of some but getting them down all on paper along with other things take time. So bear with me.

Saki basics:

Normals to remember:
5:snkb:(:snkb:)
2:snkb:(:d:.:snkb:)
8:snkb:(:u:.:snkb:)
5:snkc:(:snkc:)
6:snkc: (:r:.:snkc:)
2:snkc:(:d:.:snkc:)
8:snkc:(:u:.:snkc:)

Throws:

4:snkc: (:l::snkc:): Saki ends up behind the opponent and slamming them in the back causing them to stagger forward. She then shoots them in the back.

5:snkc:(Nuetral :snkc:): Saki hits the opponent with the back of her gun knocking them away and then shooting them.
Notes:5:snkc: (Nuetral :snkc:) is the throw of choice. Reestablishes space as it knocks them back full screen and you can combo the throw into 2:snkc: (:d:.:snkc:)

Special Moves:

Ammo Change!

22:snka:/:snkb:/:snkc: (:d::d:+:snka:/:snkb:/:snkc:):
22:snka: (:d::d:+:snka:) is a shotgun style shot. Bad range. Not recommended
22:snkb: (:d::d:+:snkb:) is a orb of electricity. Worst range of the 3 shots but potentially the best shot. Will explain why later.
22:snkc: (:d::d:+:snkc:) is a powered up version of 5:snkc:(:snkc:) it causes you opponent to fly back and “spin” Can be combo’d in the air, will explain later

22:snkb: (:d::d::snkb:) Applications

This in my opinion is her best shot. It has very limited range but it does a lot for what it is.
As mention above it is a small electrical orb that is shot to around outside of Ryu’s :d::snkc: range. Doesn’t sound to good right?

Well, with this ammo you can keep the pressure on your opponent since it lasts a decent amount you can do a lot in the few moments you have if they are blocking or being hit:

On block:
Switch Characters
Dash up and position your self for a :r::snkc: or her command throw
Have Saki’s activate her 63214(:hcb:)+:p::p: super

On hit:
Follow it up with 5(neutral):snka:, 5(nuetral):snkb:, 2(:d:):snkb:, 3(:df:):snkc:, 28(:d::u: Pursuit), 8(:u:):snkb:, :snkb:, 88(:u::u: double jump), 8(:u:).:snkb:, 8(:u:):snkb:, 8(:u:):snkc:

You can also extend the above combo by pressing a :p:+:snkd:(parter) to baroque cancel the 2(:d:).:snkc: and repeat 5(neutral):snka:, 5(nuetral):snkb:, 2(:snkd:):snkb:.

You can extend the combo even further with a projectile based assist character (say, Ryu)

So the the combo would be: [5(neutral):snka:, 5(nuetral):snkb:, 2(:d:):snkb:] baroque cancel (:p:+:snkd:), repeat bracket (use :snkd: before the 2(:d:):snkb: hits) and repeat bracket then 3(:df:):snkc:, 28(:d::u: Pursuit), 8(:u:):snkb:, :snkb:, 88(:u::u: double jump), 8(:u:).:snkb:, 8(:u:):snkb:, 8(:u:):snkc: to finish the combo.

I will update this as more info is gathered.

22(:d::d:)+:snkc: Applications

This shot although not as good as her 22(:d::d:):snkb: shot it is a lot more veritable and can be combo’d into.

Things to remember about 22(:d::d:):snkc: shot
-5(Neutral):snkc: becomes an over head.
-If 5(neutral):snkc: hits you can combo it into 5(Neutral):snkc: > 2(:d:).:snkc:
-2(:d:):snkc: becomes low block only.
-Can be air combo’d into. Here is the combo:
5(neutral):snka:, 5(neutral):snkb:, 2(:d:):snkb:, 3(:df:):snkc: 28(:d::u: pursuit), 8(:u:):snkb:, 8(:u:):snkb:, 88(:u::u:. double jump), 8(:u:):snkb:, 8(:u:):snkb:, 8(:u:):snkc:, land 236(:qcf:)+:2p: super (credit to Justin Wong for this combo.)

Viper Beam!

236+:snka:/:snkb:/:snkc: (:qcf:+:snka:/:snkb:/:snkc:)
:snka: version does 6-8 hits
:snkb: Version does 8-10 Hits
:snkc:Version does 10-12 Hits

This move isn’t all that good. Don’t use it unless you are at full screen.
I will test the move more though in the near future.

Command Throw!

**63214:snka:/:snkb:/:snkc: (:hcb:+:snka:/:snkb:/:snkc:) **
None of the versions vary in range or priority
This move can be combo’d into from a number of moves:
5:snka: (:snka:)
2:snka: (:d:.:snka:)
2:snkb: (:d:.:snkb:)
6:snkc: (:r:.:snkc:)

Command throw follow ups will be written up when I get the time to. But it will be very soon.

Grenade!

421:snka:/:snkb:/:snkc: (:bdp:+:snka:/:snkb:/:snkc:)
All Versions can be done in the air.
:snka: Grenade: Travels straight across to about mid screen.
:snkb: Grenade: Throws across the ground full screen.
:snkc: Grenade: Throws in the air and lands about full screen. Decent Anti Air. Combo’s into 236+:p::p: Super. Gives you cover for her 6234+:p::p: Super
Good for countering tag ins,

Air Grenade Distances/Explosion Timings were done during the apex of Saki’s Super Jump and in the corner.
8:snka: (:u:.:snka:) Grenade: Travels about mid-screen. Doesn’t touch ground. Explodes at about peak of Ryu’s height
8:snkb: (:u::snkb:) Grenade: Goes full screen. Doesn’t touch ground Explodes at about the peak of Ryu’s height
8:snkc: (:u:.:snkc:) Grenade: Goes full screen. Touches Ground.

Tiger Knee Grenade Applications

Like Cable in MvC2 Saki can do instant air grenades by doing 2417+:snka:/:snkb:/:snkc: (:bdp::ub:+:snka:/:snkb:/:snkc:) This is great for spacing and getting the opponent off of you.

With TK Grenades you can apply a lot of mid screen pressure so your opponent can’t randomly IAD at you. Match this with a :u::snkc: (after a :d::d::snkb: charge) you cover basically the entire middle of the screen out side of a maybe a super jump or a Ken the Eagle teleport

More on this as I research and/or more info is provided

Double Grenade Application

Although not really recommended to use. It’s something to keep in mind.
You can BBQ (baroque cancel) Any version of Saki’s Grenade. Grounded or Air.

So it would look like 241(:bdp:):snka:/:snkb:/:snkc: (VERY QUICKLY) :p:+:snkd: (BBQ) 214(:bdp:):snka:/:snkb:/:snkc:

I’d probably only use this if you are in a really tight jam or have very little red bar (like 1-5%)

Hyper Combo’s

Saki’s big fucking gun:
236(:qcf:)+:p::p:
Fires at an upward angle. Really good super.
Can combo from any strength of grenade (:snkc: is probably your best bet though)
Can combo off 22(:d::d:).:snkc: shot as mentioned above.

Super Ammo!

63214(:hcb:)+:p::p:
Saki ammo changes to an upgraded version of her 22(:d::d:).:snkc: shot.
This shot is UNBLOCKABLE but it is some what slow.
Just like Saki’s 5(Neutral).:snkc: and her 22(:d::d:):snkc: charged 2(:d:).:snkc: her 63214(:hcb:)+:p::p: can be combo’d into her uncharged 2(:d:).:snkc:

63214(:hcb:)+:p::p: set up!
2(:d:).:snkb: > command grab > 2(:d:):snka: > 5(neutral):snkb: > 5(Neutral):snkc: (super ammo shot/combo breaks) > 2(:d:).:snkc:

Combo off of Super Ammo!
If super ammo connects while on the ground you may continue the combo with 5(neutral):snkc: > 2(:d:):snkc:

Combo off Super Ammo 2
5(neutral):snka:, 5(neutral):snkb:,2(:d:):snkb: 3(:df:):snkc: 28(:u::d: pursuit), 8(:u:):snkb:, 8(:u:):snkb:, 88(:u::u: double jump),8(:u:):snkb:, 8(:u:):snkb: DELAYED 8(:u:):snkc: (land), :snkb: Grenade (214/:bdp::snkb:) xx 236(:qcf:)+:p::p:

Level 3 Super!

I got guns nyukka!
214(:bdp:)+:3p:
Saki’s level 3 counter. She gets knocked down and gets back up and destroys the opponent in a hail of bullets and menstrual fury…unfortunately, it does shit for damage. Not recommended to use at all.

Level 3 Counter Set up!
Like Karas’ counter super, Saki’s Level 3 may also be triggered by an opponents Mega Crush! (Thanks Illuminous for confirming this for me)

Combo’s

Most were explained in move applications but I will update this section when I have the time.

100% Combo and set ups/tricks to remember for landing it
Outside of prepping unblockable shots behind assists, Saki can score 100% free unblockable shots using duo supers. For example, select Tekkaman + Saki with Saki on point. Perform Saki’s charge up (HCB + AB), then immediately hit the assist button to call in Tekkaman’s beam super. While the enemy is blocking the beam, immediately fire Saki’s unblockable shot. The remainder of Tekkaman’s beam will combo after the shot, resulting in mega damage. You can then dash forward with Saki and launch the enemy as the super ends, or prep another unblockable shot while the beam is hitting.

The enemy can jump away from this set up if they’re specifically looking for it, but there are a few ways to easily set it up from a confirmed guard. For instance, the light version of her beam (HCF + A) can be super canceled into the set up to make it inescapable on hit or block. You can also toss a grenade and then super cancel to catch early jumps. Forcing your enemy to block any medium strength close range normal attack, and then canceling into the set up, also works.

This same set up also works when Saki is paired with a few characters, including Karas, Ryu, and Rock. When paired with Karas, the wind up period on his super allows the enemy to take defensive actions after the super flash, but the wide area of affect his super has will catch jumps and force the enemy to block from almost anywhere on the screen. It’s difficult, but you can jump and fire the shot while they’re blocking in the air. Saki still gets a free launch after Karas ends his super, though it’s trickier to land it.

The only issue with the set up is that it costs 3 meters to start it. Though costly, it’s worth going for if it leads to a guaranteed kill, which ultimately leads to another unblocklable shot set up when the second character is coming in (if the meter is available). Interestingly enough, the enemy can’t Mega Crush out of these set ups because of the beams covering them, or at least it didn’t seem that way. The opponent I was playing against always seemed to get hit after the burst.

Videos of it landing: [media=youtube]IKqm7_LBgyE[/media] @1:35

[media=youtube]DzZMw1mEaCs[/media] @1:45

Saki Openers

Some of the best openers I have found for Saki when the round starts are as followed:
Empty Super Jump.
28(:d::u: super jump) 8(:u:):snkc:
:snkc: Grenade
TK :snkc: Grenade
:snkc: Grenade xx Super Ammo!
3(:df:):snkc: (For IAD happy people like Morrigan)
84(:u::l:):P::P: 8(:u:) (IAD Backwards):snkb:
84(:u::r:):P::P: (IAD Forward) 8(:u:):snkb:

More to come later.

Assists

These are the assists with Saki I found most useful:

Rock Volnutt - Very fast. Can play keep away just as well. great Anti-air assist.

Hurricane Polymer - He covers a lot of weaknesses Saki has like speed. His assist covers Saki well.

Karas - His assist helps set up 22(:d::d:):snkb:/:snkc: shots and super ammo shots.

Chun-Li - Covers a lot of Saki’s weaknesses like Polymer. Plus her assist is fairly useful as an Anti-Air.

Viewtiful Joe - Although not recommended, his bomb assist can provide further lock down and control of the screen. Plus he’s VJ. :looney:

Potential Counter Picks for Saki and what to look for!

Ken the Eagle - His teleport mix up and angled sonic boom could cause you problems.

Rock Volnutt - Shield + His own keep away game.

Ippatsuman - his 234(:qcf:):snkb: hits at an angle which could be an issue for Saki.

Hakushon Daima? - his 22(:d::d:)+:p: slide drops junk. Depending on the strength of the :p: it could fall on Saki taking you out of whatever grove you had going. It isn’t much of a counter pick for the fact he can only have 2 on the field at once but it’s something to watch out for.

Morrigan - She is fucking fast. She can rush and lock you down fair easy. But on the other side of the coin you can stop her dashes with TK Grenades. You just gotta play safe.

Viewtiful Joe- Voomerang. His size can cause problems with certain combos.

Special Thanks!
I would like to thank the following people for providing very useful info for this guide:
Justin Wong For 22(:d::d:):snkc: Air Combo
Kryian For 22(:d::d:):snkc: and 236(:qcf:)+:p::p: extended combo’s. and providing vids.
Illuminous for confirming Mega crushes Activate Saki’s Level 3 Counter.
Keits for 63214(:hcb:)+:p::p: unscaled combo
Buktooth for 22(:d::d:):snkc: special property info.
Kumai for 100% combo and strats/tips for landing it.

In Closing
Thank you for reading! I will update this very regularly, probably daily or semi-daily. If you have anything you’d like to contribute please contact me on any of my messengers or PM me with info. I will update this post with the combo and give you credit for the info.

PLAY MORE TVC!

Thanks again.

Almost any time you hit with a 5C unblockable shot or 22C charge shot you can do another (normal) 5C and still get the OTG 2C. Pretty beastly damage from just 3 shots.

Anyone do any testing to see which characters work best with duo guard breaks? I’ve tired a few characters and so far Karas seems the best. The guard break alone does 25k or more, and you get a ton of time to charge up another shot for later use and then continue the combo when Karas is done (if you have 4 meters you could charge another unblockable shot and then go for a reset for unscaled damage). On 4 meters Saki can pretty much kill a character for free, it’s pretty sick.

Level 3 Super!

I got guns nyukka!
214()+
Saki’s level 3 counter. She gets knocked down and gets back up and destroys the opponent in a hail of bullets and menstrual fury…unfortunately, it does shit for damage. Not recommended to use at all.

Something to try/I’d like confirmed:
Like Karas’ counter super I would like to know if this counter can be activate by a Mega Crush.

confirmed. by me. it can be activated by mega crush.

Updated with info provided and some stuff of my own.
Made some cosmetic changes as well.

Hey Stuart, do you think you can provide a small list of match videos that showcase proper Saki play, or perhaps make a tutorial video? I’m only asking because I think I might want to play Saki, and I learn a lot easier if I have visual aid. If not, then it’s cool. I can find matches myself.

proper play, don’t get hit.
and
use unblockable, 3 hit combo. :slight_smile: (that is, the super ammo, standing C, crouching C)

As far as the unblockable shot goes, you can set it up to uncombo so its damage isnt scaled. Everything you do after it does more this way too.

Ive been doing combo into launcher, jump, a b b, jump, b, WAIT, c (to hit them with shot just as they are able to block again), land b grenade xx lazer super. 22-23k damage.

Thanks for that info Keits.

wow… I have to try that lol it sounds epic :smiley:

unblockable shot into HUGE FUCKIN LAZER is an awesome combo, with the right spacing the knockback of the shot gets them owned
almost 20k seems like a good way to spend a couple super bars

The laser super combos off of b and 2b.

I’ve mostly been using that as a command grab follow-up.

edit: Command grab mid-screen allows for launcher and then aerial combo.

Command grab in corner allows for a b into launcher. Unless 2b is the first move, it whiffs

Grenades also punish anticipated tag ins =]

unblockable super after you kill 1 partner is pretty gay :x
i’m sure everyone knew this already, but it should be mentioned i guess.

char 1 dies.
saki preps bullet.
char 2 jumps in.
saki shoots.
char 2 takes 17k damage.
saki laughs.

I totally forgot about this thread. :looney: I’ll update it shortly.

Outside of prepping unblockable shots behind assists, Saki can score 100% free unblockable shots using duo supers. For example, select Tekkaman + Saki with Saki on point. Perform Saki’s charge up (HCB + AB), then immediately hit the assist button to call in Tekkaman’s beam super. While the enemy is blocking the beam, immediately fire Saki’s unblockable shot. The remainder of Tekkaman’s beam will combo after the shot, resulting in mega damage. You can then dash forward with Saki and launch the enemy as the super ends, or prep another unblockable shot while the beam is hitting.

The enemy can jump away from this set up if they’re specifically looking for it, but there are a few ways to easily set it up from a confirmed guard. For instance, the light version of her beam (HCF + A) can be super canceled into the set up to make it inescapable on hit or block. You can also toss a grenade and then super cancel to catch early jumps. Forcing your enemy to block any medium strength close range normal attack, and then canceling into the set up, also works.

This same set up also works when Saki is paired with a few characters, including Karas, Ryu, and Rock. When paired with Karas, the wind up period on his super allows the enemy to take defensive actions after the super flash, but the wide area of affect his super has will catch jumps and force the enemy to block from almost anywhere on the screen. It’s difficult, but you can jump and fire the shot while they’re blocking in the air. Saki still gets a free launch after Karas ends his super, though it’s trickier to land it.

The only issue with the set up is that it costs 3 meters to start it. Though costly, it’s worth going for if it leads to a guaranteed kill, which ultimately leads to another unblocklable shot set up when the second character is coming in (if the meter is available). Interestingly enough, the enemy can’t Mega Crush out of these set ups because of the beams covering them, or at least it didn’t seem that way. The opponent I was playing against always seemed to get hit after the burst.

I’ve mentioned this in 2 of the 3 Saki threads and no one seemed to care :(. I find it to be one of the cheapest things I’ve seen in the game. From just a 2ab block string you CAN’T get out, you’re taking 25k damage (not that it’s easy to get in for a 2ab…). I’d say it’s worth it at any time, regardless of whether or not you’re going to kill a character. Depending on your partner, it does more damage than any level 3 (Roll and Karas do pretty insane damage with it), and it’s just silly to pass on that much free damage. In most cases, during the duo you can charge up another unblockable and reset in to it, or charge up a 22C and finish with 5C, 5C, 2C for like 30k

This is the hottest shit I have ever seen.

Crappy gameplay vids of two basic setups using the duo to set up unblockable shots:

[media=youtube]IKqm7_LBgyE[/media] @1:35

[media=youtube]DzZMw1mEaCs[/media] @1:45

Updated with 100% info w/ vids and made a few cosmetic changes.

I’d actually been thinking about the application of Saki’s unblockable shot in HC supers, especially with Megaman’s machine gun sweep.

The actual super itself finishes so fast, she can move and do anything while her partner is attacking.

Other moves you might like to try are:

Morrigan missiles
Chun Li globe
Doronjo falling mech head (nobody is going to try to run in and interrupt her when Saki is standing on guard with an unblockable shot, and if they try to run, you just blast them when the attack comes rolling by.)
Polymar Drill
Jun’s bomb attack
yatterman’s dog rush super