The Evo Shout Out Thread

Just aslong as you promise not to pick doom teams on me. so ft20 for $0.25?

Haha thanks man i hope we can get to play next time we meet. you going to ohio?

props to jinrai and everyone else who was on the south most sf4 machine. I was the tall skinny white dude with a shaved head, and had my little brother with me he was playing able and I was playing chun. I never won a match after 16 houres and 10 games.

Shout outs to:
Ray Ramos for sending SH to losers in 3S. :slight_smile:
Half-Ro for sending SH to losers in ST. :slight_smile:

Good shit
:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for letting me win Black Money and Abe.

Oh yeah, fuck whoever negged me for my previous post. Its fucking rude that someone can get up on the microphone and totally shit all over one of the most played fighting games in america.

Just had to say good sig. Lay into him err!

grego: it might be rude possibly. but if you been to evo every year. the 3s finals are really boring for everyone, even 3s players. its always a chun mirror fest. And this one was at an all time low, bro.

as silly as the commentating sounded. it was really the only thing keeping the crowd alive man. and the commentating really wasnt too far off from what was happening on screen. there was really that LITTLE amount of shit going on.

just how it is =/

i tried to keep the crowd alive
but i was kinda disappointed at the level of hype when justin went 2-1 on nuki in set 2. no excuse there. everyone shoulda been on their feet, fuck the sit down rule!

Because that faggot ass game deserved every bit of the hate, hell it was the commentators who made watching that shit somewhat bearable.

Why you gotta hate?

:rofl:

good games btw, forgot to mention in my post.

I still have no idea why I picked Dictator. Shoulda stayed with Dee Jay. :frowning:

<3

What? No Dee Jay?! Dude that was the opportunity to show that nigga’s swag.

Good shi’t to top 8 placers

Merdoc: What’s this EMBARRASSING Gambolious? Good shi’t though, you made money, haha. We’ll get them next year.

Fosh360: Ugh, Irontrash? I wanted to see you play ironIllan, but everything turned. Next year we’re coming back with a vengeance.

Doug: Cable is the best character in the game.

NeoBERT/Smooth/mustache: Good shi’t on top 3, remember to act more destructo at Ohio! Sorry we couldn’t gush on the rides, haha. Next time we got to all get top 8, with the exception of the power rangers and ninja turtles, haha.

Kai: Great finally meeting you, sorry we didn’t have time to play like that, goodshi’t representing! We got this next year.

Albert: Good games man, YOU GOT ME IN POOLS! You’re a cool guy, wish we got some casuals in. Amazing reaction off of that cyclops assist.

Illan: Goodshi’t for sending me to losers, I’ll get at you next year. Smart ironman play, I love the Cable.

Clockw0rk: I really thought you were going to make it this year, shi’t happens though, I know how that goes. I hope to see you at Ohio, if not, we’ll definitely play next year.

Wong: You’re the champ again, some EXACTLY champ!

scumbag, ill, etc All my strider brothers: Thanks for everything, you guys are going to go through tough times, but that’s where the respect comes in. YOU know we got to support eachother, it’s our legacy!

Chunksta!: You’re too good man, I honestly though you were on the verge of taking it this year. You’re an inspiration for all of us, please keep up all the good work!

Fugee: Thanks for setting up all the crazy money matches, hats off to you for your efforts in making the Marvel scene interesting. You’ve done too much for the community, and I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks

Reset: Goodshi’t in pools, too bad our sticks weren’t compatible, the first game was random as Hell.

VDO: I’m glad you came this year, your presence is hype enough, NWO!

Patruck/ Vagita-X: Please don’t quit, the Marvel community needs you :sad:

Combofiend: Your Sentinel man…That’s all I got to say bro.

Germ: You’re too good, you should have joined the tournament, I honestly think you’re top 3 in the world. Nobody knows you, I think it’s time to rape the Marvel community man.

A million here a million there

I miss you guys already. Some homo.

Pics are up in my EVO COMPANION GUIDE THREAD Vidz will be up soon !

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162131

-D R B

P.S - Thanks for all the shout outs from everyone in this thread. Much love…no homo

**Very late shout out, but better late than never!

A big thanks to the Evo staff for all their hard work and making Evo X possible; as well as having free delicious food!:lovin:

In no specific order…

Soo Mighty:
Despite the fact that I was so nervous playing you (come on, you’re Soo Mighty. How can I NOT be nervous playing you?)it was such a pleasure to play to you! Ever since I first saw your matches on the Evo 2k3 DVD and online I tried my best to use some of your rushdown tactics. you’ve inspired me so much to use Magneto with your amazing style…I still can’t believe you actually said my Magneto was pretty good! One of my Evo/Marvel dreams was to play you and you made that possible; again, thanks for making my Evo X complete ^_^!

BTW: You’re actually taller than I thought you were IRL.

Justin Wong:
I’m glad I finally got to see your true personality.
Great conversations, I had a really good time and thanks for hanging out with us. You are a very kind, chivalrous guy (I’m very glad you decided to come to Evo after all). You’ve gained alot of respect in my book. Also, good job on winning Marvel, X-Men vs Street fighter and whatever else you won.

I wish we could have hung out with you on your last day but a “certain” someone following us around pretty much spoiled our appetite; hope you guys had fun though!

Texas - Big Chris, Suavion, Joey H., Tarzan, Rudy, BucketHead, Vegita-X and others: Thank you so much for coming over to play us at our hotel room and inviting your friends over. Vagita X has mastered the team he uses; it was great to have such a good top player in our room, very hype! We had some pretty epic Marvel matches going on in there sunday night. Thanks to everyone who came over for the Marvel and Guilty Gear matches we played.

Crizzle:
Thank you SOOooo much for not letting me get DQ’ed in Marvel!!
You told him you saw me coming in the door right when he were going to DQ me. I… I can’t believe you did that for me…
Thank you so much.:sad: Oh, and nice job placing 4th(?) in Marvel!

Fugee:
It was great finally meeting you in person, you’re a really cool guy.
I have to give you my props - I have to respect ANYONE who can do Magneto infinites, and triangle jump very well (with Magneto & storm) on a DC pad, good show Fugee, good show.

(Copied from RS):SmoothViper: As always, you were very entertaining both gameplay-wise and in person Your hype and trashtalk is too good(although you seemed pretty nice to us), and I was laughing the entire time while you were using Cable during the finals…Players like you help keep Cable alive on the East Coast! And good job placing 3rd, you more than earned it^_^

Philth:
I’m glad I finally got to meet you.
I think you’re abit too hard on yourself for your marvel game – remember, everyone was at your level at a time. It was nice talking to you, take care.

Genghis:
Nice seeing you again. Too bad we couldn’t talk more and that you didn’t do as good in Marvel as you should have. But, keep playing because you’re really good and entertaining!

Illan:
Always a pleasure to have you over. Your Iron Man is too good! 1 hit=death.
I really enjoyed watching your money matches against Buckethead (very epic)! You’re a very entertaining top player with a style of your own, good job.

Queen Honey:
Nice to meet you, you seem like a very nice lady.
I wish all 3 of us could have played, but I understand you were very busy and this was your first Evo. Hope you had fun in vegas.

Arizona - Codiac and others: Thanks for the Marvel matches.
It was nice having you guys over.
Bye.

Heidern98: Thank you for all of your hard work and help make the Guilty Gear unofficial tournament possible, and also for your kindness and consideration. You are quite the gentlemen for the fighting game community ^^. You created so much hype and made everyone feel welcomed there.
In my opinion, the Guilty Gear singles and teams were 2 of the best side events at EVO…Plus you also handled that minor “drama” when my sister was going to prepare for her first match pretty good.
Also, thanks for the Ky charge stun edge tips you gave me during the team tournament as well as a few pointers with him ^
^!
Last but not least, thank you for helping us find a partner for the Guilty Gear team tournament (Jo is a beast). I just wish my stick was in better shape because I had to check it during the match and it was an inconvenience for both me and the other player.

Jo: Thanks so much for teaming up with us and creating all that tournament hype - your johnny is such a beast!
Plus, you help make the Guilty Gear team tournament a very memorable experience. I hope you like the calendar we got you.
Take care…

To the Zappa player I played in singles:
I’m sorry that I was beating up my stick during the second round, but it was giving me trouble like not blocking or I could not do directional moves when I should have, because I just repaired it right before Evo (the wire actually came off, so I had to re-glue the PCB). Good games nonetheless…

To the rest of the Guilty Gear players that I played: Good games, most of you are very good-- some were so good that I could not keep up with (Miu)-- it was kind of discouraging, but also abit encouraging…Maybe one day my scrubby Testament, Ky and Eddie can be presentable…Maybe…
Also, the Guilty Gear community seems so different from the Marvel community, in my opinion…Certainly, it has hype and such, but the most of the players seem more quiet, courteous and almost nicer…Not that I am insulting the Marvel community, because my heart will always belong to Marvel, but despite being an “outsider”, I still felt a bit of comfort in the Guilty Gear community…Some Times… ^^

Bye for now.:angel:

late, but heres everything i remember.

-NKI
obv the sexiest man in the SRK community next to Viscant. Trip started out shitty with you losing your luggage and me almost dying earlier that day, but everything worked out. Good shit keeping me awake on that ride home. Hopefully ill see u in Ohio if everything works out.

-Jal
Your swings in poker are worst than mine. Always fun drinking with you sir.

Jesse- GS on the hooters room. Too bad we didnt get at the rio buffet

Viscant - Always nice to see you. Youre presence always makes me feel a bit manlier. Good shit running like a god at poker. Step your drinking game up son.

Dale/Ariya - NIce seeing you guys too. hopefully ill cath you both at one of jals parties.

SRK staff - Wiz/James/Cannons/Jimmy As always thanks for putting together a great event. Nice to know you guys can take my drunkeness in jest when i stumble in hella shitfaced every year on thu night just to hang out and see what i can scheme. Next year can I just be staff please?

Phi - My viet brother. Your always chill as fuck to hang out with. If anything youre almost as big of an alcoholic as i am. Thanks for going 4 way on that rum bottle and then leaving so that i basically had it all to myself.

Wes - Thanks for basically hooking me up with directions all week. Well drink after you take your mcats son. Ill hit u up the next time im in vegas.

Ruin - Nice seeing you as well sir. Good shit letting me get a piece of that Toan bet with Mike and us losing. Stop eating steak fat.

Jwong - Good shit going half a bottle of rum that night with me in the cafe. Sorry i cant step up to your level of drinkin. Ive been mindfucked ever since you outdrank me in NY.

Mike Ross - I hate you. good shit beating Toan, and not only losing me money, but also killing ALL action on Petey the next day. but really <3 no homo.

Potter - Good shit leaving hooters wings in my car and me not finding them till 2 days later. shit didnt smell at all. See you at bill’s my dude.

Erik - Remind me to buy one of them gallon gatorade bottles the next time i see you. Always a pleasure to drink with u.

Albert_C - This dude is so chill. also an alcoholic. Thanks for the corona. I owe u one. Ill hit you up next time in norcal so you can beat my ass in CvS

John Choi - Good shit raping everybody. u still suck at drinking though. Always nice to see you sir.

if i forgot anyone its obv because i was too drunk to remember.

extra special shoutout to Bill Wellman for being the smartest man on the planet by not going.

peas.

oh i’m getting my revenge next year good sir.

eating steak fat = manly, savory

not eating steak fat = gay, girly, and probably healthy