The Current State of the World thread

Move to Canada now

https://occupywallst.org/

http://occupytogether.org/

Thank you for making a thread like this. This is real shit that’s going on, and gamers as a whole are mostly middle class or lower you would think that they would be more into this. I hope that this thread can open some people’s eyes.

If you’ve read anything about it you would know that the people on wall street have group discussions, direct democracy style on what their goals are and what their demands will be. I’ll link to some stuff in a little bit cuz I’m eating lunch.

That’s all the more reason to get behind the cause. If I was you I would spread the word around everywhere you could. Social networking cites, friends etc. Anything to get people’s attention, and get the thinking and talking. And the government is trying to cut back on this, and privatize it even more along with social security. So they can really make money off of people like you, who need medicine to survive. It’s sad. That’s why I sure as hell am not going to vote Republican in the next election.

Split the US into smaller, easier to manage countries with less internal conflict. And then it wouldn’t cost so much to run for president, maybe the two party system would weaken. Changes wouldn’t be so difficult and expensive. Maybe like 5-10 states = 1 nation?

But seriously, it’s great to see some action. Shake things up a bit! :tup:
Show the world that the american revolutionary spirit is still in there somewhere.

And the bravest souls of all where those that gave up watching the premier of pony season 2 to be at the protest the day it started rainbow-dash-salute

yall should watch a documentary called

Inside Job

PM for a link.

Shit is mad, WTF, and makes you hate the government as a whole a lot more. Fucking democrats and Republicans. It tells you why the market failed, and who was responsible, and why the governemtn did nothing. Its self evident, but nice to see a documentary like this

1 Like

It’s not on the news because the corporations and people who own the news do not want people to see what is happening. They don’t want people to think or get ideas, they want to show them violence and give them fear. Don’t believe me? Watch the news and see the stories. Another murder, another accident, another raping/molesting/fire etc. Do they show scenes of people protesting, or talk about local government or political corruption. Hardly ever, maybe the slightest mention.

Same thing with national news. It’s all run by people who don’t want their names, or those of their friends, or people they support shown in a bad light.

Check this out. It shows the ratio of how wealth is distributed among the people of the US as of 2007. It can be pretty shocking, but to me it wasn’t a surprise.

It’s a really good article. Lots of solid and disturbing facts.

that requires lots of money, and unlike the TP there is nobody on the democratic side funneling that much money in like the rich are for the TP… “grassroots” my ass.

lol this is such a fun idea to think about. Kinda like how my brother allways argues that we should have simply let the south succeed in the civil war. we would have the liberal countries with good education, infastructure etc. and we would have the festering shithole of the south with no regulations… then of course the more conservative liberals would be talking about building fences to keep the south out haha.

inside job is awesome! another good one if you enjoyed that would be “Hot Coffee”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwWInp75ua0&feature=player_embedded#at=431#t=6m45s

This is the response. Way more liberal than the democratic party, AND YET they are also much more conservative. They are demanding justice, while the so called conservatives in America and corporations are trying AND SUCCEEDING in getting away with theft. If they were ordinary people like you and me they’d be in jail, but instead they get away with it. They got away with stealing government revenue and put it in their own pockets.

So the liberals are demanding justice “calling for the rule of law, and demanding the restoration of the rule of law”, and the conservatives have seized power and are becoming radical and using corporatism, to widen the gap between the rich and the poor to bring back a kind of feudalistic oligarchy (a few ruling elite, who got the lower class working for them).

Which sounds more conservative and which sounds more radical?

I had blogged about this shit earlier but no one responded. I want opinions and feedback.

I was pretty intoxicated when I wrote this so forgive the profanity.

I’d say this article by David Graeber sums it up pretty nice.

“Why are people occupying Wall Street? Why has the occupation – despite the latest police crackdown – sent out sparks across America, within days, inspiring hundreds of people to send pizzas, money, equipment and, now, to start their own movements called OccupyChicago, OccupyFlorida, in OccupyDenver or OccupyLA?
There are obvious reasons. We are watching the beginnings of the defiant self-assertion of a new generation of Americans, a generation who are looking forward to finishing their education with no jobs, no future, but still saddled with enormous and unforgivable debt. Most, I found, were of working-class or otherwise modest backgrounds, kids who did exactly what they were told they should: studied, got into college, and are now not just being punished for it, but humiliated – faced with a life of being treated as deadbeats, moral reprobates.
Is it really surprising they would like to have a word with the financial magnates who stole their future?”

Read the rest here. Please. It’s really good.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/sep/25/occupy-wall-street-protest?fb=optOut

@Crayons760, do you get it yet? Now its your choice to be a cynic or to show some support. There are protests going on in other places in US and around the world right now. The people aren’t going to let it fail so easy.

Very well written article. Shout outs for that. So, the general message of this protest is discontent with current state of govt and economics? Like an, " I’m mad as hell., and I’m not gonna take it anymore!" thing?

This is an insane battle they have started. I supported but the enemy is a lot harder to deal with than the Vietnam protests just because people have spent so much time in a forced ignorance that they cannot conceptualize what is happening. Its similar to explaining that there are a lot of reason have hate for the U.S. for reasons that are incredibly valid; plenty of people won’t understand that the CIA and our government has fucked so many countries over that we might as well be afraid of everybody because we have probably dicked them at one point or another.

Its in the same way with a lot of the larger corporations and the 2 party system: people don’t know how hard they’ve been fucked because they just aren’t aware of how hard the fucking is. It’s like they have the world’s greatest shock absorbers in their brains to support the fucking they constantly get.

I’d say it is more of a “our government isn’t working, lets change it and make it work for us.” kind of thing. Or a “It’s our world, it’s our life, let’s do it our way.” But that’s my opinion, and I’m sure that there’s lots of anger and hatred in there as well. Who wouldn’t be pissed with the things that have gone on.

I’m sad because I’ll only get to watch this from the sidelines. I am in college and I’m over a thousand miles away. I won’t be able to do anything until at least winter.

Wow, I’m so glad that people are finally not sitting on their asses anymore and watching their world crumble into dust.

Shit really is not working, and it needs to be changed NOW.

2012 is right down the street. Chill, sit back, and eat your damn pop-corn.

People, relax. The economy goes into recession every 3-5 years, the real estate market tanks about every 10-15 years, commodities every 20-25 years, and we have a major depression every 60-80 years. Sometimes one or more of these cycles hit us at the same time and they seem bad. But it is good for us in the long run. Right now shitty business owners are losing their businesses because they suck. Workers are losing jobs, the weak and useless will end up dead or in jail, cleansing society of the people who are holding us back. Those who are desperate and have nowhere to go but up will create the businesses that will propel and employ the next several generations. Those with their hands out looking for freebies from the government will rightly starve because the governments of the world are broke. Just like in the last depression, the next generation of millionaires and billionaires will emerge. There is a reason why 10% of the people of the world control 90% of the wealth, only 10% of the people of the world learn the skill of how to create something out of nothing, how to create wealth out of an idea. The other 90% spend their day angry at people they don’t know, blaming others for their lack of success. If you have nothing, if you are poor, if you suffer, it is because you suck and you have failed. It is never too late to decide to not suck anymore. But you have to take the first step and accept responsibility for where you are in life.

:coffee:

Mommy, why is the man touching me at night???

[media=youtube]OHJPwO02HuI[/media]

obvious moron is obvious.

Can you tell that to my Uncle who worked 18+ years as a construction worker. And got fired because some morons in wall street where stroking each other, and when people found them faced covered in cum they denied it ever happened?

Jasin, as much as I appreciate your go-getter style post, I cannot agree with it.

The US has brought much of its current ailments on itself. Your mass consumerism, acceptance to lifelong debt, ruthless capitalism and “I want it so I must have it NOW” attitude has caused much of today’s issues. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a green card holder and I enjoy the US for what it’s worth, but actually living and raising my kids? I wouldn’t do that in the US, no way. The US is too busy playing police in the rest of their world, playing police as long is it’s for a cause that’s for their self-interest.

You mention creating wealth out of an idea, and you mention the 20%/80% ratio (eventhough you use 10% and 90% respecetively), but how many people get fucked over in that process? It’s not sustainable business model for anybody, and it’s exactly why much of the US is hated across the world. The only way to build something sustainable is by creating a pie that’s big enough for everybody to have a better quality of life, but in the US only the most shrewd, most unforgiving methods bring real changes. And unfortunately you deem it to be completely acceptable in your debt ridden society.

I see you are good friend with the Lannisters, Lord Walraven. You would say these things considering that, unlike the Lannisters, the Walravens have been known to never have enough to pay their debts; it must be good to have friends in positions of such influence.

Seriously though, considering that a good chunk of the wealth consists of hand me downs, people protecting hand me downs and a bunch of crazy middle eastern people who happened on oil, it seems like you are talking a whole lot of nonsense.