The COMPLETE Abel Guide!

Great start Frenchie! Although you should utilize paragraphs on longer posts, no one likes to read a great wall of text.

I would like to add a few deets about Cammy.

• Normal height canon strike is a free lvl 2 FA.
  • EX TKCS can also combo into Ultra.
  • A blocked canon spike can also be punished via dash up cr.fp xx FS.
  • Close RH is punishable on hit(-7) or block(-11). Although I don’t think any respectable Cammy would use this crap ass move.
  • After a FS dash back jump towards+ forward cross up stuffs reversal canon spike loses to delayed canon spike.
  • Common knowledge but should be mentioned. As enticing as air delivered cooch to your face may seem, Hooligan shenanigans on wake up is stopped by cr. jab.
  • Thank goodness she can’t TKCS without meter anymore.

Clean up some grammar and split it up into paragraphs. Really REALLY thankful for this. All the stuff is out there but I’d really like it all to be on one thread. Great work man.

I wish we all had the ability to edit it… i feel bad leaving it all up to one person… :frowning:

Thank you everyone for your opinions contributions and criticism i expect all since not everyone is going to like it… everyone has different tastes. Im really sorry about the huge wall of texts… i did this all in 3 days time and i was just happy i was done and posted this shit lol. i will work on organizing this shit overtime. and honestly HFX i didnt make this guide to survive or to last… I made it for the community. If people dont like this guide its ok… HAV probably spent alot more time on his… this shit was rushed and posted so im sorry its not to your liking. ill try and split up the match up to be organized in Start:, Defense:, Offense:. but im not promising to finish this quickly. Again, thanks everyone for your contributions.

Alright got some stuff here

Step kick Fierce:

Counter hit step kick LINKS into fierce against a crouching blanka…:eek:

Against a standing blanka… it becomes a little like honda where normal timing will only work if the step kick hit from it’s TIP…
But unlike honda, It CAN work deep but the timing of the HP must be toward the end of hitstun…

Honda: Counter-hit step kick fierce works on him while he crouching but the fierce must be EARLY…

moving on…

Step kick fierce working on Guy and Sakura was NEWS to me ZOMG!!!:tup: 11-0 abel :slight_smile:

anyway, GUY and Balrog: … while step kick fierce works on a crouching Guy, AND Balrog! On counter-hit it their hitboxes become very funky…

Against balrog it has to be timed late but it still works…

I THINK it is the same with guy but i haven’t gotten it to work yet, it may turn out that this counterhit combo doesn’t work on guy at all :(, more on this later…

moving on again…

El Fuerte: While he crouches… the normal non counterhit combo works on im FREE!!! it’s when he’s **standing, **that the combo whiffs

That’s all i got for now!!!

thank you for your post splurgendii ill be sure to add that info. BTW send me a message on xbl and ill add you. I like having other abel’s on my flist.

says that your friend list is fulll… go ahead and make room and add me when you can… :Splurgendii:…

Blanka upballs, meterless punishes: They can be punished ON HIT by and only by MEDIUM PUNCH Cod! :rofl:
On block it MUST be HEAVY punch version…

as for akuma… Ultra 2 comes out in 10 frames now…so it can’t punish akuma’ sweep ne more :sad:
Against his meaty palm os ultra… If abel does ultra II i believe the akuma player has time to change his os into ex dp…

But… Ex command throw beats this set up CLEAN… the palm whiffs technically in the TT’s invincibility but the demon doesn’t come out :slight_smile:

Ken and Akuma’s low forward xx fireball is NEVER a block string… Focus it, ex Cod, Super, Ultra w/e!

btw: Set a dummy akuma to randomly roundhouse in… reacting to that crap is hard, do you keep a certain spacing in mind? Do you buffer it?

Max distance of his s.rh to stuff it with s.mp, s.lk, (those two preferably), s.lp, or cr.mp. Keep in mind he can walk fast enough and sweep those normals though.

I keep max distance away and look for patterns. at first it can be hard but with practice u get used to it… just like reacting to a counter hit step kick out of thin air… its very similar without the word pop up lol. I do stay at max distance and yes i buffer the motion if i feel a RH is coming. when i see the animation i react.

Not certain if these are known but I’m bored.

ELF

Stationary ELF step kick reel animation varies during specific phases of his “stance shuffle” meaning that he can eat the step kick combo like majority of the cast from any range if you hit him in these(I found 2), instances. But what ELF stands still long enough to go through those motions but interesting none the less. I will make a LoQ video to convey these findings unless it’s “old news,” then I shant.

Rufus

EX-Galactic tornado has a gap between the vacuum and palm on block. If you ever block this you can Ultra, or EX-TT/wheel kick(palm registers as a projectile) that rotund bastard right before he gets the palm out.

vs ELF is not 5-5… That shit is a straight up 6.5 or worse…

You shouldn’t be losing this match-up if you know how to stop them from doing random shit when they’re full screen. You also shouldn’t be losing this match-up if you know how to apply pressure. ELF was the weakest wake-up in the game, your character thrives off killing people on wake-up… ELF has to guess 10+ times to kill you, you only have to guess 3 times… Make that shit work.

you left abel for Makoto, you’re not welcome here anymore >:(:tdown::mad::shake::sad:

just joking :sunglasses:

I have a question about the Get Frenched set up…it says to take a step, then mk roll>f+mk. Would hk roll>f+mk without the forward step work the same? I can’t find enough frame data on the rolls, it only says hk has 2 more recovery frames but wouldnt that make up for not stepping?

Also, I find wake up DP is fucking up my oki game. I can block, then punish or tech/os but rolling in/dashing only to block everytime sucks. I’m going from a knockdown to a defensive game, I want to keep up that pressure. Any suggestions?

Try to incorporate some option selects to keep pressure while being able to block if the opponent throws out a random DP

Good stuff man, haven’t really read through it yet but for the effort alone GJ.

Maybe a suggestion though to make it a little more organized and all that, put it in a PDF. file or something (Check the Ibuki forums, the Guide book they made, crazy) not that its bad just opening the spoilers but it’ll be nice to have it all in one place. Good stuff, will read this soon.

Leave info on match ups people!

Once I’ve gone through polishing Abel general info I’m gonna dive right into the matches…

Hopefully I have info from you guys to go off of!

Blert out ne info about any match up! Don’t be shy!

when I score a knockdown against shotos I like to dash up (out of throw range, but easily in range of far s.lk) and throw out a s.lk before wake-up (so they think I’m trying to do a meaty step kick) and they will usually go for the bait and reversal. Free step-kick combo to knockdown and then after that do a meaty step kick to whatever, they almost never reversal it twice, just switch up between fake meaty s.lk and real meaty stepkick.

Pretty simple set-up and might be common knowledge but it’s one of my favorite tools

I posted a pretty long summary of the Sakura match-up in the ask 801 strider thread.

St. Jab can also be used to CH Akuma’s st. RH, true, it has less active frames than st. strong but it has the same frame advantages as cr. jab on hit and block. Due to it’s short range it’s a decent feint as well. So it should not be completely written off.

Far RH has good range, hits just outside of step kick range. Used sparingly it’s a pretty good zoning tool. Can also be used as a wheel kick feint as well. Juicebox has been documented using this normal effectively as well as far fierce.

In the “BNB” section you forgot about the other 1 frame link, cr. short xx st. fierce which is also a meaningful link out of a cr. light as well as cr. jab xx st. fierce/strong/cl. RH.

o this just seems to be lovely