Колин выходит на Каток! The Character Discussion Thread

INITIAL FRAMEDATA BY @gilley

Spoiler

[right]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHM46O8YD7g[/right]

[right]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDqJ_HVxJOk[/right]

i counted helen’s frame data, hopefully i didn’t fuck up.

s. jab - 4f (+7 on hit?)
s. strong - 7f (+9 on hit?)
“backfist” (s. fierce or command normal) - 9f
s. forward - 6f (+9 on hit?)
c. strong - startup unknown (at least +6 on hit)
c. forward - 10f
s. rh - at least 10f, at least +7 on hit

backfist is special cancellable and seems to link out of s. strong and s. forward. could be 2 different tcs, though

c. forward reminds me of necalli. slow, ok range, but special cancellable

s. forward is the classic sfv knee with bad range but good data

counter active on or before 5f

It’s a new day with a new main.

I said a lot of bad shit about S2 introducing new characters instead of bringing back old ones. But due to her having ice powers, I can now say I prefer this character over Cody. That is some serious love.

Looking at her VT, is the freeze after any KD? I don’t see her V-Gauge drop during the second part of that gif.

Nvm that’s the stun ig

The freeze is when she fills their stun gauge. “In addition to damage and stun, this move freezes the opponent’s stun gauge. While in this special state, the stun gauge will not deplete and if Kolin is successful in stunning the opponent, they will be frozen in place.”

Yeah I figured it out. That’s gonna be a bitch.
Any decent Kolin is probably guarnteed to stun you after popping VT.

She looks absolutely beastly, I’m excited.

Man she looks so dope… kind of reminds me of Faust in a SF way

I mean not really but w/e let me get at her

@PVL_93_RU getting more Russian representation in SF. I really like that she uses Systema. I think @DarthEnder will appreciate that as well.

I wonder if VR will reduce stun during her VT. Either it doesn’t and you’re fucked or she will really force people to burn meter just to avoid the dizzy.

That snowball cross-up setup looks dirty AF.
I wonder where the “rekkas” Art was talking about are. I see you can have different follow-ups from the backstep but I don’t see the rekka there. The three punches look like a target combo?
It’s also interesting that her counter throws go into a full cinematic. Maybe they are actually intended as command grabs?

I think by ‘rekkas’ they may have (incorrectly) meant follow-up options like the ones Karin and Laura have.

Links and stuff:

Target combo, looks really similar to Ibuki’s -
st.lp x st.mp x st.hp

heavy normal combo, looks like it could whiff on crouchers -
st.hk > st.mp

medium into medium link -
cr.mp > st.mk x st.hp target combo(?) xx special cancel the heavy elbow she throws out could be part of the special move

st.hk has CC property, knocks up on CC and has juggle points into stuff like cr.mk after hit

You can probably just back tech the ice ball oki. It won’t be legit unless she can pressure that too or can force the neutral tech.

May be legit of CC sweep tho

The special move she performs when she drops the ice ball from the sky has multiple enders. You can see her do the spin into multiple enders, one being a lunging strike and the second being the ice ball. Different strengths give different variants or maybe she has command inputs during the spin?

Fight for the Future

Her ground counter grab seems to have quite some recovery on hit and puts the opponent far away from you, kinda like Necalli’s command grab. Probably not really an oki/setup tool.
Ice slashes will probably be unsafe on block.
And where’s the V-Skill in the trailer? Weird they didn’t show it up.

She used V-Skill in the combo at 0:19 and before going into V-Trigger.

yeah I was about to say, she uses it in the trailer.

It has two possibilities, it either strikes on hit from a combo or is used to parry through opponents into a second strike