The Cartoons and Animation Thread

The number of times Janine and other people bailed the guys out is quite frequent.

I especially remember Janine beating Proteus, an ancient god, and the two kids helping to fight back against the Boogeyman.

Who remembers Heathcliff and the Cadillac Cats?

I do. It’s intro was quite the ear worm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTAIOJvuBLs

Who remembers Bruno the Kid, that fucking Bruce Willis Vehicle?

Anyone here have predictions for the…Emoji Movie?

sheeeit, I wanted a toy of that car the “Cadillac Cats” had… it stood out as one of the cool things on the show to me, mostly because it could transform for some reason (?) and they apparently had control of it.

Riff Raff also had the superior girlfriend… Cleo was wayyy hotter than…whatever that fat bitch Heathcliff was messing with… I think her name was Monica? Heathcliff was a chubby chaser, man. Cleo also reminded me of a certain hot girl in school…most agreed that she was one of THE hottest in the entire school. I’m sure there’s plenty of “sexy Cleo” pics out there on the net now, since just about all animated characters (even ugly ones like Ursula from that Disney movie…or the mom from Rugrats) have a ton of sexy pictures out there.

My favorite memory about the Real Ghostbusters cartoon…there was 2 episodes involving the “Boogeyman”. Despite the silly name of this infamous creature, in the show…the tone of that was surprisingly disturbing…like something from a horror movie…the more psychological kind as opposed to the simple “slasher” sub-genre. That particular entity got to Egon on a personal level that brought back some old terrifying memories from his childhood. It was awesome, man.

sidenote–There was a “Boogeyman” movie franchise, but I remember it was disappointing.

New Rocko Modern Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuF9aZxoipE

YES YES YES YES YES GET THAT SHIT ROCKO!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Elbow drops and knee drops keyboard

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

PRAISE MARC SUMMERS ROCKO BACK BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

I was afraid that they would nerf the grossness of the original, but everything looks intact. I can’t fucking wait.

Finally watched Gravity Falls and Steven Universe. GF was cool just cause it actually had a mostly continuous story and was a more kid friendly version of like x-rays and twin peaks. The ending was actually pretty touching too, though overall I didn’t get that into it for some reason

Steven Universe I like way more than I expected but some of the new agey stuff as well as the main character acting like a 7 year old at 13 is annoying. The world setting, music, and some of the fights are are really cool though. I like the 3 main girl characters way more than I expected, and moreso as time went on too

[quote=“Hawkingbird, post:46, topic:183010”]

New Rocko Modern Life

[/quote]

Truly we’re living in the a timeline where things can make a comeback!

edit - I plan on using the second post to start keeping track of upcoming cartoons/movies coming out. Feel free to post up things to keep an eye on.

Hey Arnold is making a comeback too. Sneak Peak of Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su8IHV0AH2o

I was alright with Rocko…but I wasn’t down with Hey Arnold…couldn’t get past the look of it…shit was horribly ugly, man…I think it was the beginning of that whole “ugly as hell cartoons” era of Nick.

I still hold out hope for the impossible— the return of Silverhawks. I know the sad reality is that it will never happen though… no chance.

Bluegrass = Lion-O and a lot of the Thundercats voice actors where in Sliverhawks.

Like MONNNNSTARRRRR THE EVER LIV… Wait a second.

FYI Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is available on blu-ray starting today.

It is only available online at Amazon/Best Buy etc though.

From what some folks have reported, it has great remastered picture/sound, but no special features.

[quote=“Hawkingbird, post:46, topic:183010”]

New Rocko Modern Life

[/quote]

That trailer reveal so much on how much was changed in society since the 90s it’s scary af.

Now we just need Rugrats, Recess and Ren & Stimpy to come back :devil: :devil:

[quote=“NinetiesArcade, post:56, topic:183010”]

Bring back…Recess

…mah nigga, yes!!

Rugrats already came back in 2002, under the spin-off All Grown Up.
The only positive thing I can say about that was…that Kimi’s mom was still hot.

Sdcc preview of Steven universe was anime jokes lol. Steven universe has pretty much gone full anime and so has star vs the forces of evil this year

Another trailer for Marvel’s new Spider-Man show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X814eTVbEyI

Spidey’s origin

I really don’t like this art. The backgrounds look very minimalist.
Harry Osborn looks like a random nigga that I would have missed.