The Cartoons and Animation Thread

80’s He-Man, Transformers, Gi Joe, Thundercats, Robotech
90’s Batman TAS, Xmen, Spawn TAS
00’s Timmverse DC Shows (JL/Unlimited), Not much of anything else.

Yeah choosing 1 80’s cartoon as a fav is impossible… as a kid they were all my favourites lol

I know, there just to many epic shows at the time.
Even we know now they are more 30 min toy adds and looking back we see how terrible the shows are, they where epic to our little kid selves.

He-Man, Transformers, Gi Joe, Thundercats, Robotech, Silverhawks, Mask, Galaxy rangers, Bionic six, The Real Ghostbusters, Voltron, DuckTales, Dino-Riders, BraveStarr, Defenders of the Earth, G-Force/Battle of the Planets, First two seasons of TMNT, Challenge of the Gobots, Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C3P0, The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo, the list just goes on.

Hell even Donkey Kong had his own Hanna–Barbera cartoon
https://youtu.be/HffzM9vGYpU

Waaaay to hard to single out a favorite.

80s (late 80s…born in 1984): The Real Ghostbusters, TMNT, animated Beetlejuice (debut in 89 so its still an 80s toon), Inspector Gadget, Tom & Jerry

90s:…***woohoo ***boy…Let’s get to it!!!

I’m going to top 10 for the 90s.

#1 90s era…DCAU Timmverse (Batman: TAS thru Batman Beyond)
#2 Gargoyles (still the ***GOAT ***Disney toon)
#3 X-men: TAS

SpiderMan: TAS
Darkwing Duck
Extreme Ghostbusters
Swat Cats
Dexter’s Lab
Doug
Goof Troop

• Honorable mentions for The Incredible Hulk (1996)cartoon:
    https://youtu.be/dyQpEoMFF3w
    (dat INTRO…DOE)
    Disney’s Recess
    Freakazoid
    Tail Spin
    Hey Arnold (shocked that it debuted in 94)

00s:
Top 5: Avatar: TLA (Hands fkin’ down), 00s era DCAU Timmverse (JL-JLU), Samurai Jack, The Boondocks, Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Bottom 5: Spectacular Spiderman, DBZ, Danny Phantom, The Venture Bros, , and Kim Possible

Honorable mentions: X-men Evolution, My Life as A Teenage Robot, G.I. Resolute, Transformers Prime, Total Drama Island

10s: Young Justice, Korra, Star Wars Rebels, The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, Gravity Falls, One Punch Man, My Hero Academia, TMNT (2012), and DBZ Super

Updated…fixed The Boondocks position.

Nah I remember that Hulk show being ass. Just look at it, he should of squashed that boy! Instead he jumps like 100 yards away wtf???

Gargoyles was good. Goliath Chronicles sucked ass though
Beast Wars was weird but in a good way, they were trying new shit I never finished it tho

80’s: GI Joe, COPS, TMNT
90’s: Biker Mice From Mars, Tekkaman Blade, Ronin Warriors, Eek! the Cat, X-men, Beavis and Butthead, Spawn, The Max, The Simpsons, EXO Squad
00’s: Digimon, Escaflowne, Princess Monenoki

These are what popped in my head as maybe not the greatest but memorable/had an impact on my Childhood- teens

How the hell is Boondocks a bottom 5?

Oh yea SatAM Sonic deserves some love too. Shits all over X

Why is Spectacular Spiderman in Bottom 5, too?

My favorites growing up were Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, and My Little Pony.

sheeeit, I may be the only one now that remembers GI Joe Sigma 6… understandable though because it was short-lived. I think it only had 1 small season. Scarlett’s new, more “anime girl” design was terribly lame though.

Favorites by decade…
80s - that’s a tough one for me; overall it’s the obvious elites for me; GI Joe, Transformers, Thundercats and Silverhawks…in that order of greatness. It saddens me that there will most likely NEVER be a revitalized Silverhawks show, despite how awesome it could be as remake material for a new generation. If it ended up on Cartoon Network, you know they’d cancel it immediately.

90s- I’ll say Batman is the champ here. Xmen was alright too but the violence was terribly neutered…they could never dare show Wolverine actually cutting flesh and blood bad guys…they were probably nervous about even showing him slice up some sentinels. Batman actually showed him fighting people, and the show occasionally went to some surprisingly dark places in terms of story and tone. Then if course if we let anime creep in here this was the time of DBZ.

00s - JLA/JLU…and Spectacular Spiderman, man…those were the best… no other Spiderman show could hang with “Spectacular”. If we let anime creep in here— I think this (early 2000s) was when Cowboy Bebop arrived, along with that good early-era Bleach. Also–that earlier Star Wars show…incredible fight scenes in that; the action scenes actually put all the movies to shame. Anyone who saw it will likely forever remember that scene with Grievous vs. several jedi…I still have the audio recorded from it…it was that good. (*sadly, this was about the only time we get to see General Grievous be this badass, imposing character…he’s a weak ass joke every other time I’ve seen him, man…it’s irritating.)

Recent years for me—obvious champion–> Young Justice and Green Lantern.

My thoughts:

1980-s G1 Transformers (what a shock lol). GiJOE -a close second
1990- Batman TAS . X-men is my favorite comic so it was a tough one and is in 2nd. The music,art style and deep emotional stories of Batman put it above X-en.
Xmen was a relativel faithful adaptation and had great voice acting and storiies. The animation was a lot more stiff upon closer examination. The music outside of the godline theme was good cartoon music, but not as EAR-delicious as batman. 3rd place tie is Spider-man /Superman
2000- Justice League and Spec spidey. tieI watched both on blu ray well after they aired somy feeling arent as intense.
2010- Avengers Earths mightiest heroes and Young Justice.

Fixed…the Boondocks position. Good looking out.

This is out of a top 10 list. Truthfully Clone Wars edges out Spectacular Spidey for having more consistent quality seasons!!

Rick and Morty Season 3 July 30th

So fucking stoked. I’ve watch the trailer like 15 times easy.

PICKLE RICK

Looking back through The Real Ghostbusters, and I rediscovered just how amazing that show truly was… J. Michael Straczynski wrote most of the original run…

The VAs were as close as family, and recorded their lines together in the same room, and just a whole host of amazing details that made that show a classic.

Then, Network Meddling decided to break what didn’t need fixing and cut the show down as it was at its peak.

https://youtu.be/OW51PDa_puE

Motherfuckers had Cthulhu at one point

Goddamnit…I want the IDW Ghostbusters animated series right now!!!

We get everything crossovers with Real Ghostbusters universe and other GB Earths, Kylie, continuation of the original movies & the 09 games, and some sick ass ghost designs.

Ghostbusters even did the diversity thing way before last year’s shitty movie and far better.