The Blanka Thread

I knew that last week, still trying to hold back the tears when someone mentions it. Cheers.

Reading that Capcom quote above again, it seems that the characters will be there later this year… but not ‘playable’ until the ‘fall’. I hope not, that’d just be cruel. Blanka as an opponent in arcade mode only. Imagine.

Btw, Hagen… what’s your Xbox tag? About those games yeah? :wink:

Mine is same as my sig: Darachnid.

More:

[media=youtube]JyLiS3Ij7lE[/media]

Horrible, shitty scrub play… not one combo. Nothing interesting at all really.
Except for the fact that blanka says “Over here” about 4000 times, hopefully that is only because of the frequency of that shitty players ‘upball’ spamming. I hope at least you can turn off voices, jeez.

that was really bad, but to speak for him it wouldnt look any different if somebody would want ME to check characters out except Blanka and maybe Sim

@ Darachnid
friend request incoming! check your messages!

He’s the only reason I’m buying this game. Now I just have to find someone to team him up with.

I’m not sure I can wait until the fall to play Blanka…

Lol, it’s CPU vs CPU.

Lol

gonna meet ono and harada on thursday on a release party in Hamburg germany…

gonna cr.Fierce-punch their faces blanka-style for letting us wait for jimmy and for not having 2-player-in-one-room-going-online feature on 360!
seriously…now I’m really pissed!

I hope hes cvs2 good… hop hop ambiguous electricity?

Sent from my GAMEBOY using POKEMON

In SFxMK, I would like to see Blanka get his spine ripped out during fatalities.

Blanka mash elec confirmed

http://forums.shoryuken.com/t/dlc-character-gameplay-ask-how-to-get-them-working-and-get-banned/142986page-29

was sure they gonna make it a motion…
But I dont think it’s gonna be 5 punches like in SF4

thx to bullre

Blanka trails

looks like cr.MK is the new cr.LK :smiley:

[URL=‘http://imgur.com/a/pBiLP’]

I managed to play some blanka. Hes terrible.

Now some people are using him online.

Did some blanka testing and what i found.
Cr lk cr lk doesn’t link anymore, it seems that cr lk now has +3 on hit so it’s one frame link between cr lr far lp.
Cr mk now links into itself, so it’s +5 or +6. Cl mp cr mk seems easy to do so maybe it’s +6 now.
Cr mk cr mk cr mk combo from trials is a juggle from antiair rockcrusher which in my opinion is impossible to set up in real fight. But ability to combo 3 cr mk from air to air counterhit is a good news.
All his moves seems unchanged in startups.
All balls has knockdown on hit from all distances, but horizontal ball now lands point blank both on hit and block. Oh, and balls now do 170 dmg.
His super seems nice, has half screen range to punish whiffed moves, dmg is around 350.

Overall blanka seems barely changed, like it was just ported from ae. No easy links, no any juggles from balls or ex moves, electricity has crappy range - this character is just raw.
I really think, capcom gonna reassemble blanka as they said, like it did with sagat for example. He has new links, his old links became easier, he’s faster overall and so on.

sorry for my english :slight_smile:

How is his cr fierce and cr roundhouse?

Sent from my GAMEBOY using POKEMON

I feel they are all the same.

Gosh… I just want Blanka to be good! Just seeing these vids just makes me think that he is not going to have any cross cancelable combos and give ass combo starters. I could see him doing okay as an anchor with his ball moves having the knockdown. After seeing Rufus being successful with his c.hp in to launcher, I can’t help but think that Blanka would have that same success. I just really hope that they change him before they let him loose. Quarter circle electricity would be great! I love this character, and I just don’t want to see him turned to crap!

Tested him and other DLC characters, so Blanka seems to be one of the worst character in the game, with Guy.

You pick Blanka from SFIV barely changed, but SFxT isn’t SFIV lol… oh and elec is very bad in SFxT, no more elec pressure, sorry.