The Batman: Brave and the Bold Thread. Season 2 has begun!

^Well whether they use THAT ver. of Catwoman or not, her portrayal shouldn’t decide your main judgement on the series, there are A LOT of DC characters that are given their first main spotlight (with the exception of Jonah Hex, this’ll be his 2nd!) in this show and it’ll be really interesting to see how that works out.

OK just saw the first ep., and it was pretty good! The intro’s pretty cool as well.
The art has some Jack Kirby feel to it, and I really like it.
The violence is pretty good too even though it may look watered down.
Don’t like the corny lines though, but DAMN…Batman can do ANYTHING in this show XD.

BTW, you guys need to stop focusing on Batman with this show; it’s the character(s) he teams up with that are pretty much the main highlight.

Dont remember the name of it but the Batman set in the future when Bruce is all old > 1000x better then this crap.

What’s wrong with this series?
Seriously, don’t watch this for Batman- WATCH IT FOR THE CHARACTER HE’S TEAMED UP WITH.

Batman Beyond, and yes it was dope.

Can’t help it. I’m a Catwoman mark. :tup: That’s one character I can’t tolerate being buffooned…even though she’ll only appear in 3-5 episodes, considering how every new Batman series regards her less and less, compared to how she was nearly a regular on BTAS. I guess it’s not that important…but it still stands: Batman better not be some redneck-punching, kicking-people-only-when-swinging-in-on-a-rope, dime-a-dozen crime-solver (instead of dark vigilante) who forgot all his martial arts training, calls everyone “chum” and has to shake hands with everyone he works with when they agree to team up. I accepted The Batman cuz although they re-vamped the character, and used some Hawaii 5-0 knockoff as the theme, batman was still a bad-ass (and everyone else was as well, for some reason shrug). If he loses that aspect, this show loses my attention.

The only good thing there is about Beyond is the fact that they make flashback clips that look like they were pulled straight out of BTAS.

Well…OK first off, read this post til the end:
Batman KOs grunts with one punch or kick in the first ep., BUT…again do NOT watch this for Batman, watch this for the DC CHARACTERS he is teamed up with.
That’s what really matters about this show, and from what I read in other forums, that’s what most are interested more about this show.
…not to mention that the art doesn’t look anime-ish or like TF Animated (Angular).

If what you’re looking for is ANOTHER series of Batman being all badass BTAS or Dark Knight-like, then this isn’t the show for you.
…BUT if you’re looking for a show that features characters that haven’t been portrayed in an animated series from a comic book, then you will prob. enjoy this series.

Sorry if I repeated some stuff in my post, but you really need to look beyond the fact that Bats is gonna be in every episode (much like how it was in the original Brave and Bold comic series) and anticipate the adventures that’ll take place along with the DC characters he’s teamed up with.

It was okay. Not a fan of scrawny geek kids as heroes, but it was okay. Batman’s not a clumsy redneck in this one either, thank god…but I’m still not liking his Bison-esque booty-chin and friendly eyes.

Ill give this show a shot, Blue Beetle looks awesome.

What was wrong with “The Batman”? I saw a couple episodes and seemed pretty good. Did the rest of the show suck?

My only problem was with the Joker’s design. Everyone else hated how all the bad guys could actually defend themselves in a fistfight.

it got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better like in season 2 when they started introducing other character…the the justice league came

None of this will even matter when Spectacular Spiderman makes its return.

that reminds me, they finally repeated the episode with Venom vs. Spidey this morning. I missed a lot of it last time since someone just had to call me while it was on that day.

This new Batman has been alright so far. I immediately have negative expectations when Batman is presented in a light-hearted tone, but so far it looks alright in terms of being focused purely on action and various “guest stars”/team-ups…actually, that’s apparently the entire point of this new show. It’s Batman teaming up with someone to just whoop some villain ass for the entire episode. Also, it managed to present a cartoon version of Adam West Batman, but somehow managed to avoid being too campy and ridiculous(so far…).

I still think The Batman should’ve had at least 2 more seasons in it. That was another case where a lot of people were turned off initially by a terrible first season. First impressions are crucial, especially regarding tv shows/cartoons and movies…or anything else in the entertainment business. The Batman turned around and got much better from about the point where Robin and Batgirl showed up. It’s odd for me to even say that, as I normally hate the very idea of Batman having child-hero sidekicks…but that happens to be when the show got so much better.

*I also wasn’t a fan of Joker looking like a mutant court jester.

*on another note…Catwoman was only hot and interesting to me when she was played by Michelle Pheiffer and Julie Newmar back in the day. All other Catwomen(yeah, even my Queen Halle) were inferior in that role. I don’t think she’s really such a great character in the first place. Eh, at least she’s not as lame as Penguin. That dude always sucks.

Season 4 & 5 were pretty good, so watch those.

I think the guest superheroes can potentially save this show. I’m looking forward to see it.

man
i don’t mean to troll but

i would kill for another series on par with BTAS

but if it’s a new cartoon i’ll take whatever i can get

The Plasticman ep. was great, although his origin kinda resembles the Joker (or 2-face?) I guess it was poke at the Secrets and Origins book illustrated by Alex Ross (wherein Plas jokes about how his origin is similar to Superman’s).
Great comedy and action (Bats can still KO with a single punch or kick, but that’s part of the humor IMO).

Next ep.

Spoiler

Aquaman

Saw the Plasticman ep, thought it was great. Batman’s design still looks weird to me, though.

Just how many niggas did Batman ruin by getting them doused with some toxic crap?!

Could’ve sworn in the comics Plastic Man’s origins did involve him being doused by chemicals except it wasn’t Batman that did but someone else.