The Batman: Brave and the Bold Thread. Season 2 has begun!

I edited the first post BTW; the original B&B series was mostly Batman teaming up with another DC character.

I agree; like I said before, TT is a fairly solid cartoon. The demographic was different from its DCAU predecessors, which is why it was a bit more simplistic and took quite a few departures from comic canon.

If you look at TT as a cartoon loosely based on comic material as opposed to an animated rendition of comics, then TT pretty much passes with flying colors. The fighting in general (Robin vs. Slade at the end of Season 1; Kid Flash vs. Madame Rouge) was fantastic, as were the season-long arcs (Slade in Season 1, Trigon in Season 4?).

That said, I miss JLU. Best cartoon I’ve seen in my life, edging out even Batman TAS.

And Superman: Doomsday was pretty decent, I thought. But then again, I like Teen Titans. :rolleyes:

Jesus, this makes Static Shock look like Watchmen.

In reality I think this Batman series might rock. If you think about the preview you saw, they are doing stuff that current cartoons are not doing. Actual violence. I mean with Blue Beetle taking a huge ass CANNON against the villain of the ep, even though it was a scenic “kablooey” shot, this series seems to be going into a non-anime, but looney toon violence and pain territory. I think it’s because of this non-serious attitude that might make it awesome on the sole fact that it’s not going pussy foot around hurting the characters.

OC

I’m not digging the art style. But hey, maybe they can pull off some good writing and animation like Spectacular Spider-Man did. I hate Silver Age comics.

Also, The Batman and Legion were both good shortly before they were canceled.

Don’t you mean Superman and the Legion?

:confused:

…?

I personally thought Legion was pretty terrible, but The Batman was tolerable and indeed got better towards the end of it’s run.

Oh The Batman, my bad.

I’m only watching if Kevin Conroy is Batman

Well, he’s not. Might wanna read up on your TV guide for whatever else is showing on that top slot. Usually, no Kevin Conroy makes me not watch a Batman cartoon either.

Legion was terrible for season 1 but surprisingly very good?almost on par with JLU and much better than The Batman?for season 2. It’s too bad 99% of the audience quit the show after the horrible first season, which was probably what caused the series to be canceled.

Batman is voiced by-

So anyone watched the first ep.?

Missed it because of work, I’ll watch it in the morning

I like the throw back style, new Blue Beetle is an awesome touch. I’m looking forward to Plastic Man the most though

Show seems a bit to campy and the art style looks rather sloppy. I’m not that annoyed that bruce timm isn’t in charge, he did fuck up with the JLU with GL john/hawkgirl and the overall nerfing of so many DC characters…ill give this show a shot.

1: hate the larger, friendly-looking eyes on the cowl

2: He’d BETTER be a martial artist, and not some guy who Superman-redneck-punches everyone

3: Like the less angular, more muscular look.

4: he’d better still be acrobatic.

5: If Catwoman is an animated version of Eartha Kitt (complete with annoying speech pattern) in a butterfly-style Mardi Gras mask rather than a sleek cat burglar, I’m done with this show.

its…ok for the first episode but i cant wait to see plastic man

Aren’t they BOTH sleek cat burglars?

Eartha’s version was a retarded-acting bank robber, who later moved on to kidnapping political figures…and though she tried, she couldn’t pull off sexy. BTAS catwoman was strictly a thief, and not some nutso with a fucked-up lisp in a Mardi-Gras getup. And NO henchmen. PLEASE, no henchmen. Eartha’s version just plain sucked, as did that entire campy-ass show, which did nothing more than cement in people’s minds that Bruce was a pedo, and Robin, running around in his undies in public, did nothing all night but grease the Bat-Pole.