THE all inclusive Blackheart thread

This is a most magnificent video. I am gonna dl the entire thing and drop it on my Zune, man. Looks like Ima have to dust off the demons and run him again. Thx.

I asked this same question in the video but i thought id ask here better
for air combos mid-screen or maybe just from the corner to mid-screen sometimes its possible to do launch jp. sk sp. ad. jp. sk. sp. pause fk w/o forcing the fly screen and just as you hit with fk throw rh demons when the opponent gets up they connect unblocked Ive done this plenty of times but not really practiced as to where the timing of the last 2 hits and place on the the screen u have to be but im sure ive done it almost mid-screen

SICK BH VIDEO btw

Oh, I misread and didn’t see you mention the mk. The way that works is that you’re positioning yourself so that the fly screen moves everything in a way that the RH demons AREN’T canceled out by being off the screen as it moves. This is more easily done near the corner. Despite how it looks, I don’t think that they are unblockable. I think people just forget to block cuz they don’t see them coming. It’s too dangerous to attempt IMO.

i guess its not really practical unless you know exactly how to do it but it looks pretty sick kinda like “oh ive never seen that one before!”

lol yeah it’s good for tricking people. There’s also a combo you can do with it where you land and otg into the falling RH into the FS infinite that he has. Not practical, but very cool looking.

I Wonder would Blackheart make a good team with Omega Red, and Dr. doom or Silver Samurai, I’m Good with Omega red I won most of my matches with him even against the top tiers Cable, Sentinels, Storms etc… But O can’t help to think that sometimes I loose either because Of Doom or Silver So I’m practicing with Black Heart But It’s kind of difficult to use him! And I wonder Will omega red go good with BH?

For the Mid-screen Guardbreak, were you airdashing with the hk? I mean the one where Cable pushblocked mid-screen and got guard broken by the sj lp that ignited the flying screen combo into the drones?

Blackheart with Omega Red or Doom? Perhaps with Omega Red. It would depend on the assist.

I’d imagine you could combo something with Omega Red’s coil grab assist that would be ugly.

BH goes horrible with omega IMO. No good cancels or anything like that. BH/SS/Doom is pretty damn good though! Build meter with BH. If you connect with RH, point blank JD to SS’s lighting special. that’s vicious damage. From there you should have plenty of meter to chip or punish any hit from doom-b with a lightning super.

The mid-screen GBs are all done with RH. And just for the record, it doesn’t matter if they PB. The GB works the same, only you’ll GB them after the dash instead of B4. That’s why I say BH can GB almost as good as IM. (^_^)

Blackheart is a good over all character, i just have problem against really good cables because you have to watch your attacks and try to jump above Cable to get him. Cable and Blackheart is a jumping battle between demons and guns haha.

Oh and btw Blackheartking you have inspired me to use Commando with Blackheart and because of it i won a money match hehe. Go to Family Fun Arcade on sunday if you can, i want to play you.

Maybe that’s why Cable is your problem. Don’t get into a jumping battle with him. Dash under all his stuff. Then, when he’s worried about that, take to the air uncontested.
…did you watch the BH tutorial? It’s got all the scenarios in which you can ground dash.

I can’t go to FFA on Sundays. I’m in church like all day. Can you go any other day? Ah yes, CapCom is the way to go for BH. And who did you MM?

Against Cable, it’s also really important to remember that he can’t change the arc of his superjump. What this basically means is that anytime he superjumps, you can get above him for free if you stutter start your own SJ. You have to be sure he’s already committed to an action (a gun or grenade or Viper Beam) before you super jump. If he cancels any of that into an AHVB, bully for him - he just wasted a meter.

He will probably have an assist available when he lands, so you have to worry about evading that. The best way is to give him demons to block before he can call them (although I suspect you can call an assist just before you land from an SJ, and it will come out even if you have to block something).

BHKing’s idea of ground dashing is probably the best idea, but I just can’t bring myself to do it in a match. It feels so unsafe!

My question was whether you were airdashing with, before, after the hk, or if no airdash was used. That’s all.

BTW, you forgot a combo for Mags-BH. Launch, call BH+Tap up, hp, ad df hp, hk, dhk, sj cancel to ROM infinite, or slide infinite. Both work.

Oh, that’s a RH immediately after the ad. It’s the only way to make BH float with the demons.
I didn’t forget that combo. I just didn’t put it in, since I didn’t want to focus too much on all the combos you can do with the BH-B assist. It would have made the first part way too long if I did. I put it in this thread anyway.

Thanks for the help but It hurts to say this but guess I got to give blackheart out and stay with Omega since I’m way better with him Thanks for the help though abd BTW Nice Vids They were the reason why I got inspired to play with BlackHeart.

no problem. I was talking from a stand point where you’re playing BH/OR. You could actually play OR/BH and try to set up combos into his air super followed by a DHC into HoD or ARM. Those would really hurt actually.

Ohh I thought that OR and Bh Team would suck that’s why I said that, because the main point is that I want to replace one player from my current team with BH, Either Doom or Silver but keeping OR.

But now since you say That they might have something going then I guess I’ll keep on practicing with them I’ll try out the few hints you gave me today. Thanks :wgrin:

Bh / or

The combo you’re going to be using with BH on point and the OR assist is…

Dlk, standing hk, sj cancel, wait, wait, hk the second you’re facing the same direction again, airdash, hk. This is your infinite starter. I’ll test for DHCs later…

Hello,

I was wondering about a BH/Sent/Doom team, could you please explain the general playstyle of this group?

Also, if Doom ends up not working too well, could you please share your thoughts on how Spiral might fit in instead of Doom?

Thank-you.

I would avoid that team altogether because it has two huge problems: they are all too dependent on each other, and if the opponent picks Cable you might as well walk away from the machine.

Swapping Doom for Spiral is not a solution, either.

BH/Sent/Doom is a feasible team on paper, but it’s applications in a match are much less effective. Typically you’ll want the rocket punch assist for sentinel and the rocks for doom. You’ll play a game of building meter while chipping with doom unless you can land a guaranteed hit into rocket punch and whatever else you want. That’s about it for that team. It isn’t going to give you many more options.

As for the BH/Sent/Sprial… this just isn’t a functional team if you want to play BH seriously. You’d most likely have drones for sentinel and projectile for spiral, neither of which help BH to combo things. Seriously, if you’re playing this team, BH is just going to be an assist to help you keep your opponent locked down as spiral and sentinel do all the work.