That's So Raven -- The Raven Combo Thread

If you are able to get the combo to a to the point where it never drops and never get into situations where he goes either behind or in front of the guy (crossing yourself up) then I would be very surprised/impressed. I’m simply giving my own experience on this thread. I could have just as easily not participated at all and just waited to get combos on a silver platter as Shodokan stated. I came in the thread with the intent to help and show my findings. The negative attitude is frustrating. Of course I hated on some of the above combos, but they’re clearly not optimal when someone does an ex star instead of doing a cr fierce. I feel like that deserved criticism.

Try doing them after a tag. Can you guarantee you never go behind the characters at all?

The EX star was in the corner, I keep on saying that I don’t think you can combo off wind cross in the corner. I haven’t seen anyone do it. If the opponent is completely in the corner you have more recovery or something.

I didn’t give you a negative attitude.

You do go behind the characters. so you wait, and then the opponent goes behind you again. Then you cr.hp. It’s not that hard to do honestly, you just need to be more patient while they’re in the air.

You can’t. The ex star is only good in the corner basically, but there were videos where ex star was used mid screen.

in corner off of a jumpin I do st.fierce xx lp star, cr.fierce x3, st.hp xx lk alter ego.

Or I add an extra layer of st.fierce xx lp star for flash

Is there a reversal gap in between cl.hp and lp star though? Don’t want to get predictable with it if there is.

That was directed towards Veserius.

I recorded a video of me doing a session of loops and the problems I have with it.

I’ve been thinking about the possibilities and came up with a possible conclusion.

First off, are launcher properties the same for everyone? For example, do some characters launch higher than some other ones? I’m fairly sure that is the case because I remember some combos being harder to do with certain pairs, but I am uncertain of that. If that is the case I can see that becoming one of the reasons for inconsistencies due to the timing of the first cr. hp.

Secondly, I believe that hitboxes on individual characters cause different timings for the loops. That’s up for you to test if you want to.

[media=youtube]77Mox5O3chQ[/media]

I don’t know if I am “bad” at the loops. I however, definitely have consistency issues as you can see in the video. There were times where I successfully landed the loops, then the last one ended up crossing up again. The timing on my loops were the same throughout that video. I do believe that it’s possible the first cr. HP on tag dictates the success of the loop though.

Yes, but thats why you hitconfirm. If they block the jumpin you can cancel to mp star and be at frame advantage.

Oh I didn’t realized I could add another c.Hp due to removing the s.lp! Than it will prolly add lots of damage.

But I can’t hit c.hp into Lk alter ego. Should i be doing s.hp into lk alter? Will test it. Thanks!

And I’m with Kikuichi on this one. As long as the damage is really larger on one combo, even with 1 frame links you should always go for it. Practice, practice hard. This game has plinks, so its all 2 frames in all honesty. You’ll get it eventually.

I played Akuma since sf4. It took me like 3 months of practice to get s.HK loop in like 95% rate, but i got it. If raven does 150 more damage on a combo with a 1 frame link, practice until you get it. But i need to test the damage with the extra c.hp Kikuichi mentioned later. Gotta go now.

Thanks guys, you’ve been really helpful!

Yes.

Is that character specific? I tested for that too :frowning:

Do you have to walk in between for that?

You have to walk, seems to be character specific. I think I’ve gone for it twice in a match. St.fierce xx lp shuriken pressure can be scary for a low meter opponent without a no meter invincible/armor reversal, so you can do it on block a couple of times to frame trap them.

Also with speedup gems you can probably do st.fierce xx shuriken as an infinite. I’ve got 5 reps.

All this talk about having stuff handed out to you… I’ll wait until easymode stuff is up. I’m shameless.

So what does everyone use to follow up a launcher, i usually just follow up with a cr.hp into mk alter ego

The guide suggests cl.mp, cr.hp xx wind cross cancel, cl.hp xx lk alter ego. [cr.hp xx wind cross cancel] x2 -> cl.hp xx lk alter ego is possible too.

cr.HP xx Windcross loop x2 -> st.HP xx LK Alter Ego
Or the loop x3 into sweep for untechable knockdown (it’s been mentioned).

Plinks are relatively easy after doing them for a few years in SFIV, so after the J.MK into (or just raw) cr.LP x 2 it’s an easy hitconfirm into a plinked cr.HP into the full amount of loops you can do. And THAT is the most “optimal” BNB in my opinion because it:

A. Doesn’t require you to start with a jumpin that anyone with half a brain/some experience won’t get hit by.
B. Is easily confirmable and fairly reliable.
C. Leads to the windcross loop which is easily tag cancel-able into your partner for easy juggles, and it builds decent meter.

P.S. Why the hell are you all attacking each other?

Are we all tweenagers here or can we at least post some combos/ ideas without berating everyone about how they’re bad before we’ve even played them, because I find that hilarious. Let’s try to keep the Raven forum clean and not riddled with people arguing over the internet.

cr.mk/s.mp xx Wind cross (not feint) combos are better than cr.hp link combos midscreen in terms of damage I believe.

Mid screen starting from crossup mk > s.lp > lp (hit confirm) >

[c.hp > dash cancel x 4] does 349
Doing c.mk > cross > c.hp > dash cancel> c.hp > dash cancel > s.hp > lk ego does 372 so yes it does win by like 23.

Post edited because it wasn’t max, though the raw cr.HP loop is much easier since linking the cr.HP after Windcross is a bit tougher.

BTW, I’ve been online for 20 matches or so with Raven and I’ve used the loops maybe half of the matches. The other ones they were so laggy that I had to resort to cross up j.MKs into abc launchers :stuck_out_tongue: Such a shame.

Any of you guys rolling with Raven online?

I’m playing him online and I’ve been hiting the loops with some consistency.

My main concern now is finding out the best combo after a cross up. Should we go for 2 jabs, c.mk, cross wind (and then discuss if using the s.lp or not) or should we go straing into c.hp without the cross wind?

Like, cross, jab jab, c.hp xx dash cancel xx c.hp the max number of times (i believe it is three) and then ending with s.hp xx lk alter ego.

I tested everything out yesterday but I was so sleepy that i didn’t write it down all the damages. But I tested almost all variations we discussed here.

If you windcross and use a jab to float them, you get 3 more juggle states so the max you could do is cr.HP xx Windcross cancel x 2 into one more hit (sweep, super, etc.) or just do one cr.HP xx Windcross into st.HP xx LK Alter Ego.

If by best you mean most reliable to hit every time, then yes, I do believe using the jab to float them is his best combo that can be done with ease.

It’s not the “best” by means of damage, but, in my opinion, it is his best/ most reliable combo midscreen :slight_smile: