That's So Raven -- The Raven Combo Thread

so just curious. you’d say its absolutely vital to using him or is it just to get that extra 50 damage for the kill.

some combos from Air:

[media=youtube]oagXWToDUDA[/media]

[media=youtube]1gRt09h6bUQ[/media]

One of the things I haven’t seen anyone post is that reliably getting a combo off of his c.lk without linking s.lp is possibly due to c.lk >c.mk > s.hp > EX shuriken. Yes it scales more but IIRC c.lk > c.mk is decently safe and hard to punish with a lot of damage.

A lot of AIR’s combos look good and do decent damage, but a majority of them seem to not really use his dash cancel to it’s full potential because of the amount of extra damage that can be added because of it.

Like I don’t understand how or why he is constantly crossing up with the dash cancel to b+mk > mk wasting two hits of a juggle state.

Pretty sure that’s punishable by their the typical jab strong fierce string into launcher. His safest option is cr lk, standing mp. That’s 100% safe as far as im concerned.

What he told me is that he doesn’t like how there isn’t that great of follow up on the loop, so my guess its for follow up, positioning purposes, but I could be wrong.

Since you can always end the loop with a sweep for an untechable knockdown and it does ideal damage, it’s probably best to always try to loop as much as possible. The loop is easy to MP+MK cancel into your partner as well.

Btw, since you are are talking about safe strings, why not just confirm a blocked cr.MK into HP Shuriken every time? Pretty sure that’s gonna be safe unless they alpha counter, which is just unavoidable at times. Crossup j.MK, cr.LP x2, cr.MK, if blocked HP Shuriken. If hits, confirm into windcross.

ahhh good to know. If that is the case, then yeah no real reason not to do the loop (unless you are not confident in your execution, I suppose).

I am really liking his ability to carry people into the corner so easily, allows for optimal mixup potential for King once I get him in.

Just a simple bnb. You have to link everything, lol. Plinking the cr.Mk after lp star makes it easier…still in the lab

[media=youtube]snkRzHBpETM[/media]

congratulations on an AWESOME title. had me laughing.

Why do you use two EX there? Seems like a waste of meter for minimal added damage.

I think it’s funny how vespers video has so many views, comments, and likes… yet my combos are still the best damage and most optimal. Oh well!

It’s just because we can’t make videos man. It’s okay. Your meterless high damage combos that generate 75% of a bar are exactly what I’ve figured out/been using.

Anyone got frame data on both b.MK and the followup with MK when either is blocked?

b. mk, mk is -5 on block.

The other two follow ups are both -4.

Raw b.mk is -8 on block.

How many c.HP -> Wind Cross Dash Cancel ->c.HP can you get? I’ve gotten 5 c.HP, what’s the limit?

How is he crossing under? it’s because the c.hp is done point blank. it’s impossible not to cross under in that situation. You have to be further away in order to stay on the same side.

I personally stick with j.:hp: :hp: xx :qcb::lp: -> c.:mk: xx :lp: Stars -> Super.

Bc with gems and Ken as my partner I have meter to burn. Besides he knows how to build it

Also how do u guys perform the loop? I found an easier way (atleast for me) to do it. I found that if u use a diff punch button to use the WC its easier. I use cr.hp > lp.WC (charge) > dash cancel, etc…

any tips on dash canceling out of cr.hp?

edit: wow…morning fail lol

Dude, did u not read my post above yours? Lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk