Tekken Revolution (OUT ON PSN)

I’m downloading it while I post this.
Has anyone played it yet? I wonder how it plays compared to tag and if its supposed to be competitive.
I can’t wait to play it. I just really hope it doesn’t end up happening the same thing that happened with GG when they released a really weird version of the game called Isuka.
I hope this isn’t an experiment similar to that.

This is most likely a test for TxSF.

I like what I’ve heard about this so far, although that whole needing “coins” to play sound annoying as fuck. And a lack of a training mode (although I’m sure they can patch one in later)

Oh damn, I have no Tekken experience whatsosver, I’m gonna get bopped.
Quick someone tell me a BnB…

The new special effects are tight as fuck. Also, it looks like some moves still bound, and some don’t (like Lili’s df + lk). And bound looks like it only allows a couple extra hits rather than a soft re-launch. Gotta play more to confirm. Graphics appear to be higher res than ttt2.

How do those so called Super Arts & Critical Arts look? Super moves being in a Tekken game is the main thing I’m interested in knowing about.

How much to unlock other characters?

You’ve more than likely done them while playing. I know I’ve done a few.

From another site: The game features two styles of special attacks for each character, Critical Arts and Special Arts. Each fighter has four Critical Arts, which give you the chance to do increased damage on on critical hits. Combatants also have one Special Arts, which gives them a period of invincibility at the start of the move. You’ll recognize Critical Arts and Special Arts by the particle and motion blur effects.

Unlocked Leo after like 3 victories. Also, some moves got changed. Lili’s slow windup backhand (<- + both punches) is now a FAST sliding strike, but with the same animation.

Played it for two matches then turned it off to come find out more about it. Outside of bounds, my character felt the same as her TTT2 version (not sure if they added any more moves), but I figure it’s gonna have to be a bit different to optimize damage without relying on bound or tag combos now (I didn’t put as much time into Tekken before T6 so I’m not used to it yet). I couldn’t really read the text explaining what this games features are since I’m over someone else’s house with a SDTV. Are we supposed to like level up stats or something?

I probably won’t sit down with this until I get back home.

No training or offline versus is extremely disappointing.

i’m not a current tekken fan, but this seems pretty much the same as ttt2 but without bound in juggles. bound can still happen after floor breaks and when some moves outside of juggles (kazuya ff+3 when critical). special arts seem at least jab punishable. apparently the backward walking animations are new but i can’t remember what they were like before anyway.

points system is weird. played one other dude and he did more damage than me, and his wgfs or ewgfs were critical when mine weren’t because of the vigor point difference.

Dang that’s a bummer, I expect SF/SNK style super moves. O well, sure the game is nice tho

And it’s cool you can unlock characters. I wonder how many they’ll let you unlock?

I really think this should of been a PC game. It would of reached out to a much bigger audience.

How do you unlock characters in this?
Also, is anyone else having trouble getting a match online? I’ve been trying for the past ten minutes but it keeps booting me back to the search menu.
Also when I back out from a the menu it always fails to upload the data, kicking me back to the title screen.
Arcade mode works though, so I still got that, but I still can’t get online matches.

Yeah, that would be awesome: people hacking and running around with maxed-out characters. PSN: keeping people honest.

1: play other players, win

2 + 3: Your connection is borked. Might wanna try to fix that.

I’m not sure if there is a clear way to unlock specific characters. Played arcade, some online, leveled up and I unlocked Steve.
I got the “failed to upload” message and somehow got disconnected too. Had to restart my ps3 to get it going again.
Gonna jump back on once my credits return.

I cant find any resources for King can anybody recommend a couple of places to look for info?
should I look for the BnBs of TTT2. I thought all BnBs in TTT2 used bounds, and thats why I didnt bother looking for it.

I really like the artstyle in the game, has a Borderlands look to it. Which is no doubt them trying out new graphical filters in preperation for TxSF. Game seems to cater more to casuals as well. Seems to be deliberate on Namco’s part.

With that said, if you already have Tekken Tag 2, this game won’t hold your attention too long.