Techniques to perform EWGF more easily

Okay, I know this method might seem a little unorthodox, but I’ve been getting really good results maybe 8/10 EWGF’s - by any means I’m not a Tekken player, so this was the easiest way I could try to adapt from an SF background lol.

:f:, :db:~:mp:, :df:+:mp:

I execute this as quickly as possible to try and make it a fluid movement.

Someone said they double tapped :mp: instead of using the plinking of :mp:/:hp:, So I just took that advice and messed around with it till I came up with using the “plinking sound” to match my double tapping, Hopefully it helps someone out, cause it definitely made executing the EWGF a hell of a lot easier on me.

OMG =( I can NOT get the EWGF down… if there are ANY hitbox players out there that can do it please help… I can mistep wavedash all day fast as hell but I CAN’T do the Electric… what am I doing wrong? T_T

From the left side, I always do :f:, N, :df:+:hp:~:mp:

It’s hard to skip the down input on the right side, but for left it’s super easy to hit the corner. When you skip the :d: input, you have basically no chance of Rising Upper, EX Rising, or Spinning Demon to come out, since those are cancelled from actual Mist Step. Mist Step requires proper :d: input, which this shortcut doesn’t have.

Good work on the Tutorial Loltima. Your “box” method is really helpful for crouch normal > EWGF. I used do the full motion after a crouch normal and that wasn’t working too well lol.

I’ve been practicing and I’ve hit the EWGF probably 4 times out of an hour of trying and I can’t feel a difference whenever I do it ( I wish I would notice something so I could pick it up faster ) I am on a custom Stickless fightstick ( hitbox ) any suggestions?

The regular WGF and EWGF are different by the properties that were previously discussed in the other forums i.e. juggle potential, push back on hit and block, and damage. Just set the opponent to all block and see whether you’re getting the same pushback as the regular WGF. You should also see that you’re doing 25 chip damage rather than the normal 17 when doing EWGF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No what I’m saying is physically feel what I’m doing different when I successfully do the EWGF =( I don’t know how to do it… I can’t figure it out

Well what should help you is this:

You perform the mist step motions like normal, but when you hit the :d: motion on the hit box, that is when you immediately start plinking the first of the two buttons. After that, you will start to hit the :f: part of your hit box and follow up with the second button of the plink.

For example: :f:, n, :d:, :hp:, [:df:+:mp:]

Where the :hp: and [:df:+:mp:] are one frame apart; note how I set :df:+:mp: in it’s own group.

I’ve never really used plinking b4 =P also the way I usually do the mist step is by doing 2 “qtr circle motions” really fast… should I stop doing that and start actually manually inputing it??

That will help because if you do two qcf motions, you’re essentially ending your input on the :f: input, which is not what you want for EWGF.

hmm someone said its way easier to do it in middle of combo because of buffering, i still cant get it down tho T_T obviously itd be better if i can just do it whenever raw or in combo, but I could settle for just in combo so whenever I finally get in I could do awesome damage, any tips?

Best bet would be off of standing normal moves like st.mp or st.hp. You would be holding forward and that would already complete one prerequisite for the EWGF.

I just wanted to say something…not sure if people are aware of this of not. though i didnt read everything here, but in case if no one mentioned it then here it;s.

after watching the videos that people made, it seems some people doesnt know why it’s coming out exactly :S…it’s as simple as this:

-the whole of wgf is = Late input of d, and d/f after the F

-the WHOLE idea of EWGF is = seriously…it’s not that hard at all after i got this concept
the faster excution of d,d/f after the F N

so basically to preform EWGF everytime, the input of d, and f/d+Button must be done fast after the F n. …thats it :S

seriously u can even do f N , d,d/f+ mash the button and it will still come out! even if u put the button on turbo…literally the idea is doin the motion of d,f/d faster than regular after the f N

as for using EWGF in combos…it’s also as simple as doin the EWGF motion as late as possible from th last active frame of the hit, to confirm it into a chain of EWGF

buffer?? hmmmm like holding forward? i see it harder in my opinion in that case. if u wanna do it in a combo, master the EWGF first…and then try it out with MP~ ewgf

the trick is to do the st.MP and before the move end input the EWGF. and for the EWGF, u can do it by doin a faster preformation of f N and then d, d/f+button

the whole idea in my opinion is the doin the d,d/f motion faster than regular after f N.
maybe another tip that can help, is hold d/f once u reach it and then mash the button…it work 100%

so far i made a bit on how many concequtive EWGF i can get in a row…and i got 33

alright after watching Mr.naps…i was like thats insane. and now i discovered this…so hope it can be helpful?

i am not kiddin but i am not MISSING a sinlge one in any combos now…it’s amazing

"
OMFG!! i discovered something…and seriously i think most of those toturials are not even correct in such case? i was watching the tutorails on how to link EWGF after normals…and dammit, the notation and the way people mention it is not correct.

i am not kiddin, but so far i am NOT MISSING A SINGLE EWGF on any side…the EWGF is simply f N d/f+ Button!! thats it…nothing else
no need for the D input

the idea is to input the d/f fast after the F n and hold d/f…u can even mash the button several times!

if no one aware of this or want to see a video of the EXACT notation (F N d/f + button), i can record it to prove it…unless if u guys alrdy know that
"

^are you on a stick of pad?

currently stick…usually use my Hori pad but it’s busted. and i tried this on pad and stick! i am more comfertable with my hori pad though when it comes to EWGF since tekken (d pad motion, i find it easier to Dashing EWGF or ewgf in general)

also i wanna edit something. i believe the tutorials are correct of course…but i am testing something interesting. that EWGF can be done with Mist step AND without mist step as well.

to prove it, hold any button down. when u hold any button and u try to wave dave, it simply wont come out…though if u did( f n d,d/f) or (f n d/f) the EWGF will come out…also while holding any botton down u cannot preform a regular WGF

am still testing…but now i feel like i finally understand it. i am able to chain any normal to EWGF multiple times on any side(multiple times in a single combo)…which is very interesting to me. gettin used to it, somehow coming natural EWGF instead of WGF even when not bein done on purpose.
so far my BNB is ewgf, st.HP~ewgf, stHP~ewgf, EWGF.

That’s the shortcut man, nuttin new. if u look around it has been mentioned. If it works for u tho, go tru.

That’s the shortcut man, nuttin new. if u look around it has been mentioned. If it works for u tho, go tru.

ok so pretty much I just need to practice inputing the " D - DF+HP ( or should i use MP ) " as fast as I can after " F - N "?