Team Hyper Combos- How they really work & strategy

i dont know about anyone else… but ive been using thc to kill tron/haggar since forever… (i remember mentioning it in a DJ01 thread about how to counter haggar/tron)

one bad call = lose a character.

imho thc’s best use is to kill badly called assists.
but this new renegade tech is f’kin sweet, never thought of those kinds of ramifications.

-dime

Thanks Dime. My training mode time always finds new shit in games.

This list will be updated with the new supers and data from the guide when I get it on Tuesday.

My thoughts on THC’s usefulness in uMvC3 boils down to several points.

1. The DHC glitch is gone, so the damage vs meter cost of THC’s get much more favorable.
  2. Meter gain as a whole has been nerfed to about 80% of the previous game, so the expediture of THC’s should be done willy nilly.
  3. The nerfs to Tron/Haggar assist make them less “OMFG I need to get this assist outta here”

I also need to figure out whether mashing helps all supers in a THC.

Bump, I really think this is going to be more useful in UMVC3. Especially when you are using Strider, Firebrand, Hawkeye,etc. Some of those characters hit like flies, and they can actually hit harder with THC. Not to mention characters like Firebrand don’t have a unscaled damaging super.

Bumping for new cast and it’s a good topic

Just for testing purposes I tried doing a THC with the different characters on point and found that there’s a huge variance in how much damage the THC does depending on who started it. Any idea what mechanic was causing this? BTW we’re talking of a variance of ± 80,000 damage.