Taskmaster Matchup and Team building thread

This thread is for discussing both Taskmaster’s matchups and who Taskmaster meshes well with as a team.

(reserved)

(reserved)

(reserved)

One more just in case.

I was thinking of doing a Taskmaster/Trish combo, Tasky for rushdown and Trish for keepaway although they function in both roles to a point. I’d be using Low Voltage assist for Trish I think but I’m not sure if I’d rather have the horizontal arrows or vertical arrows assist for Tasky. DHC-wise they’ll play very nicely with each other.

As far as a third goes, I’m think Hulk with AA Gamma Charge assist. I like the idea of a mixed-bag team and Hulk seems like he’s going to be better as an AA than Thor. Plus his Gamma Tsunami is probably going to DHC better than Thor’s Mighty Thunder I’m guessing.

One of my Taskmaster teams involve Storm and Tron. One of my more versatile teams with an amazing DHC, assists and pressure strings.

I’ll just leave this here…

Taskmaster/Storm/Tron

Spoiler

1. Who does your team consist of (in order of selection)?

Taskmaster/Storm/Tron

2. What assists will your characters use (in order of selection)?

Up Arrows/Lightning Strike/Bandit Boulder

3. What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)

Versatility is the best way to describe this team, I’m aiming for a good mix of keepaway and rushdown, with a hint of a good chip damage game.

4. What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?

Good overall damage, nice combos into Legion Arrow then DHC into Hailstorm, solid defense in the form of counters and hyper counters, can use Aim Master (Aim of Hawkeye) to keepaway as well as rushdown with the help of assists, decent mobility.

*** What disadvantages does your point character have?**

Like most other Jack-of-all-trades type characters, he isn’t the best at either role. His air mobility options are quite limited other than using Spidey Swing to get around. Lack of a level 3 hyper that can blow through a level 1 hyper.

*** What maneuverability options does your point character have?**

Cancel-able ground dash, Spidey Swing for air movement.

*** How will your assists aid your point character?**

Lightning Attack should be a good supplement to his anti-air capabilities. Bandit Boulder should help him extend combos which will then link to either a Shield Bash into launch combo, or a Spidey Swing into air-to-air Legion Arrow.

5. What advantages does your secondary character have?

Just like her MvC 2 counterpart, she is extremely versatile, she still can tri-dash and has IMO the most valuable level 1 hyper in the game in that she is able to combo into that from almost anywhere, it does good chip damage and is safe on block and the fact that it also does wonders as a DHC, she is still fast and has some of the best rushdown/keepaway/mixup capabilities of all the characters, not to mention flight.

*** What disadvantages does your secondary character have?**

Below average health, unable to build meter while running away and again, mostly a jack-of-all-trades type character, although she still performs extremely well in either role.

*** What maneuverability options does your secondary character have?**

One of the characters with the best dash capabilities in the game (Fast 8-way air dashes) and flight.

*** How will your assists aid your secondary character?**

Up arrows will help with anti-crossup situations and Bandit Boulder just like with Taskmaster, will help with combo extending and pretty good damage/chip (Come on, it’s the closest you will ever get to a broken projectile assist in this game).

6. What advantages does your last character have?

Some of the best normals in the game, air dash into jumping hard works as a really good crossup, assists allow her to do great damage before she even has to take point and it’s relatively safe and difficult to punish due to it being fast to start-up and leave, tied for the third highest health value in the game (1.2 Mil) and of course, the infamous safe drill into command grab or a level 3 is just devastating for people who are too reliant on blocking.

*** What disadvantages does your last character have?**

Mobility is better than most of the other heavies but is still very limited, cannot play keepaway like the other 2 members of my team, no real anti-air besides the angled capture gun and servbot air-raid (Or whatever it’s called), other than the drill, her specials are nothing spectacular though still decent in fulfilling niche roles such as anti-rushdown.

*** What maneuverability options does your last character have?**

Ground dash, forward and backward air dash and drill.

*** How will your assists aid your last character?**

If my other 2 members are not already dead by the time I absolutely have to use her on point then of course, same thing goes: Up arrows for anti-crossup and Lightning Attack to help with anti-air.

7. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?

Legion Arrow > Hailstorm
Legion Arrow > Lunch Rush (If Storm is dead)
Lunch Rush > Hailstorm
Lunch Rush > Legion Arrow

8. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?

Not too sure, on the ground, a THC up close will probably cause all three hypers to hit, further away, King Servbot won’t get many hits if any, in the air, only hailstorm will hit unless Servbot has a hitbox up there.

9. What are some of the weaknesses of your team?

Nothing too serious, besides the obvious problem of having versatile options means that specialized teams will be more of a threat, but other than that, it’s pretty solid to me.

10. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?

Yes, but any input is highly welcomed, some insight into better assists are also welcomed.

Putting Match-ups and Team building in the same thread is dumb.

I’m honestly having a hard time thinking about where I want to place him myself. He’s definitely one of the characters I couldn’t believe made it into a vs game (I had been wanting to see him in a Capcom fighter for so long) and really do want to play. Problem is, I already have two primary teams in mind with Sent/Dante/Storm and Dorm/Doom/Phoenix.

I’m thinking possibly Sent/Dante/Taskmaster or Sent/Taskmaster/Doom using his diagonal AA arrow assist on both. Honestly, I could see just about any combination of Doom/Dante/Sentinel/Storm and Iron Man working well together with Taskmaster.

Since this is the Taskmaster forum, I suppose I should think of a team with him starting on point, but uh…well, Sentinel, so you know…

Anyway, Taskmaster/Storm/Doom and Taskmaster/Storm/Amaterasu could work very well together as well. The disgustingness of the Taskmaster/Storm DHC cannot be denied.

At first glance, I see Taskmaster as a pretty good zoner. He’s got different arrows, web swing, etc. But then after I read his official thread I saw how much of a threat he can be rushing down. He’s got mixups for days off of the overhead, and with his Charging Star as a command normal he can combo in and out of it? It really will change my team a lot for the better now. I’m using (in this order) Taskmaster (rain down arrows), Wesker (Samurai Edge), and Doom (Molecular Shield). Doom seems to be an even better zoner here than in 2 but he can still fuck your shit up. Wesker has the gdlk pressuring rushdown. And which ever character is out, I’ve got 2 great assists to help aid him.

I love villains.

I was planning on using Felicia (Rolling Buckler) and Joe (AAA) together with Spidey, but now that I look at it, Tasky might be a better choice than Spidey. For one, he has overheads which will cause unblockables with Felicia’s low assist and could benefit from a good AAA. I’m not too sure about this switch though.Tasky doesn’t look like he has the mobility that Spidey does, but Tasky’s arrow assists seem like a better choice than Web Ball. Any thoughts?

so i played hulk/skrull/task today and decided to use his arching arrow assist. it was kinda zoning shit and making people come to hulk when i could combine it with gamma wave. basically forced them to super jump at me it was kinda nice. not sure if thats how this game is suppose to be played but seem to work.

One of the first teams I wanted to try was Lei-Lei/Tasky/Sent, and its pretty much my second most used team after Doom May Cry. Sent’s Ground Assist with Tasky’s arched arrows works well with whoever is on point (if Sent’s on point, do arrows assist then Sentinel Force, and vice versa with Tasky on point). You can also use Sent’s Rocket Punch assist to OTG to compliment Tasky’s already lengthy combos.

I was playing with friends and I don’t have the game, but I also want to try that Storm/Tron/Taskmaster team after reading about it.

I play Task/Spencer, with either Doom-Rocks or Sent-Bombs both seem to be decent.

I’d just played Task along with Super Skrull, Dante, and Sentinel. I had a little trouble using him until I figured out how to do his 45 degree angle level 1 super.

Taskmaster + Sentinal Drones is very effective and allows him to be versitile. ’

You can play lame and shoot arrows at different angles with drones and it makes his webswing pressure that much more effective.

Right now my team is Magneto a, Task g, Sent a

Task gamma assist is really good. I think its his best by far. It works well with sentinal and even magneto to some extent although with my team im just using mags+sent then iff mags dies Task+Sent is just as good.

I still need to get a feel for Mags in general, let alone how he’ll mesh with Task. Right now I’m gonna pair Task with either Deadpool or Ironman to have two all around characters + easy random DHCs + Sent a because that assist is absurdly good and lvl3 X factor Sent is so damn strong at a low level lol. Dunno which assists to use for either, but repulsor blast still seems pretty solid for Ironman. Once I can get my hands on a copy myself, I’ll have to mess around with Dante and Wesker in the team more too, I have the feeling that they’ll both improve a lot as the game evolves.

Thanks for the info.

I shall never have Sentinel on my team though, fucking hate the character in this game.Gonna look forward to figuring out how to beat him though.

Right now I have been rolling with Taskmaster, Iron Man Sentinel. I use Iron-Man repulsor blast assist particularly for covering the space above and behind me in case I am playing against a Wesker team so he has a harder time teleporting behind me after calling an assist and firing a samurai edge. But yeah Sentinel is great for Task to cover his offense =D

I know Tasky and Sentinel work well together, but do you think he’d benefit from a low assist? He does have an overhead after all…