"Target Sighted"! Jill Valentine Matchup Thread V2!

Do NOT GIVE MAGNETO ANY SPACE AT ALL. Luckily, jill can bop him in the air more often than not with Somersault, but the minute you let pressure off he can zone you out for free. Try somersault whiffing to get through rocks or maintain that mind-numbilingly good pressure

It’s a really difficult matchup that’s not in jill’s favor. One wrong somersault and he can escape pressure and zone you out.

Mad beast Really helps relieve the matchup. Only time I would recommend using Mad Beast as a tool for the neutral instead of a combo extender.

Taskmaster was the last straw that broke my camel’s back. I tried to use my assists to help me get past his zoning, and I realized that none of them have the kind of range I need to get past that. One of many reasons I’m sure Strider is a valuable asset that I must learn; I’m replacing Dante with him now. By the time it was all over and I had gotten home, I realized I should have just MGS > XFC past all of that and gotten him and his stupid Sentinel assists every time. I didn’t get to play him as much as I would have liked, though, so I couldn’t develop much of anything else; but there has to be something. The two matches I played using Strider, though, I did do better. Does anyone know anything else about fighting Taxmaster?

Clearly, just one month away can make me play really stupid; but that one dilemma definitely helped me appreciate Strider a lot more. More evidence to suggest that Jill is best on point.

Hindsight is 50/50. I am still not that comfortable with jill especially since I just recently came back to the game. It takes a good amount of thought as to where you are placing jill, her movement and keeping the mixup attempts random. Always after I stop playing I remember something else I should have done with my gameplay lol

NSR do you think you could get some gameplay up against some good magnetos/nova? The only way it to beat them seems to be just to keep them under pressure until you get a mixup but I have difficulty doing that sometimes

I figured I would go around and post this on character forums so folks can check it out:

Somersault

c

cartwheel

Flip Kick

For task master, if he doesn’t have missiles, call an assist, superjump, and do a knee drop, it’s ambiguous, he won’t know which direction you will be on landing, and it’s hard for him to reach you up there. As soon as he does even the slightest flinch, somersault, it beats out all of his normals, and it also beats out shieldskills. All in all, dont stop pressuring him, otherwise you’ll need meter for the kill. Always be on his ass.

NO NO NO NO NO NO. JILL should NEVER be using DKD for anything besides a combo. EVER.

Also, taskmaster can just Vertical Arrow Hyper to kill Jill and the assist, like really easily.

[quote=NonSexualRice, post: 7939771, member: 45634]

Well fuck, I’m an idiot.

Double Knee drop is a really bad move, everywhere besides in combos. On reaction, you can just plink back and punish her

I’ll try, but basically that’s my plan too. I have to have a great start of the round, and apply pressure on Magneto or i’ll basically never get in. Mags is a awful matchup, and his zoning basically destroys jill.

I use DKD for resets. There’s one where if you do a flipkick and hitstun allows, they’ll soft roll and you can DKD ambiguously after you feral dash forward. It’s in one of the reset videos on YouTube.

I’ve been trying to learn that one for a while now, how the fuck do you do that???

I must admit, I use it a bit for incoming mixups with Coldstar as well, the problem with using it for other resets is that it’s still escapable, and depending on the tech they can punish you hard.

Make sure your techs are neutral-roll-proof as well. If they’re not, your opponent can just neutral roll, mash something on wakeup, and beat you out of it.

^This. This is possibly my most consistent murderer. If they’re smart enough to neutral tech once, they’re going to do it again; so be on the lookout for it.

My mixups are neutral tech proof. They’re not forward tech proof though lol. I have to read their rolls on that one. :\

If your fast enough you can read techs, but It’s safe to make your mixups cover ALL Techs.

The easiest way is to use assists, so even if they attempt to punish their frame trapped. Like the Double Cartwheel, you can make it cover all techs by adding a beam in between both Cartwheels.

That’s what Strider is for lol. But for the most part, the way Raccoon comes in, a forward roll will destroy it. I have to get in the habit of waiting a bit longer before actually feral dashing and reading the rolls. I started practicing on random rolls in training mode, it’s a bit different in a real match where two characters are at stake.

Hypothetical match up<br><br>Strider (vajra), Vergil (rapid slash), Dante (Weasel Shot)<div><br></div><div>vs.<br><br>Jill, Ammy (cold star), Hawkeye (hori-arrows)<br><br>How does Jill proceed?</div>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/41366/Ryose">Ryose</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Hypothetical match up<br><br>Strider (vajra), Vergil (rapid slash), Dante (Weasel Shot)<div><br></div><div>vs.<br><br>Jill, Ammy (cold star), Hawkeye (hori-arrows)<br><br>How does Jill proceed?</div></div>
</blockquote>

SomerSALT everything. With coldstar makes sure strider or vergil are never safe on the ground. Be always in all of their faces. Punish all of their helm breakers and rapid slashes and everything with somerSALT