Tactics.

Aite so i use Sent(drones),storm(ground),colossus (antiair). And i wanted to give yall some tips on how to use this team. First of all sents fastfly combo takes off more than it would with commando. And if u cant do fastfly for the life of u just do this simple combo.

Sent+colossus combos***
Launch,call colossus.fp,rocket punch. Ez damage and it sends them to the wall.
C.Fk hit for 2 hits call out colossus, Rocketpunch xxx super, and after that well u should know what to do lol.

Theres not really much combos to do just the basic ones u see done with any other antiair. Also colossus’s antiair ends up behind the person when he lands so hes usually pretty safe.

Storm+colossus combos***
1c.lk,c.lk, call colossus,fk, he hits, and u can either do.
A) launch, magic series, LA xxxx LS
B)tri jump,lk,c.lk,c.lp, launch magic series LA xxx LS

2)launch, call colossus,fp or fk,dash foward,lk,lk, LA xxx LS or
b. instead of dashing forward do storms triple fierce combo which is almost exactly like mags.

3)s.lp,lp,colossus, Hailstorm-Ez damage similar to commandos version.

**Colossus **

Colossus can do mad damage real fast, his c.fk has alot of range and u can go into a tackle and call out either assist (storm or sent) and lead into another combo. His best pokes are his j.lp and standing lp, his FP is good to cuz it does damage but u can get punished by assist like commando. LP is safe cuz its fast and he has a good amount of range. Also if u read the opponent and know there going to try n roll out of his c.fk just dash back and do c.lk,lk, shoulder,or u can call out drones while u dash back and try n cross them up somehow.

Strategy’s

Now for strats on how to fight against the big 4.
(colossus on point or has been snaped back)
Vs.Sentinal**- Colossus’s lp is good and is his tackles, even if sent throws out a lk in the air do a tackle u will hit his foot and he’ll go flying. J.Fk is good too and if u hit u can go to a combo and do damage. Be careful cuz most sentinals come in paired with capcom or cyke so try and guess what there going to do and counter that.

VS.Storm-Well shes a bitch cuz most of em fear u and start to run away doing typhoons and what not. Just gain meter by doing j.fp’s and if u think itll work wave dash and do his dive super under em. But what i usually do is i wait for her to do another typhoon and say i have 2 meters i’d usually dhc to storm. But like i said if hes the only one alive do that dive super under them. If its a cocky storm and they start rushing u down get that armor on. But only put the armor on thru setups which ill get to in a bit.

Vs.Mag- Omg so much fun here, mag is so ez to kill with colossus. Well that is if u know how to block his stuff. But one hit in should lead into a combo and mag should have @ least half life gone by then. But again use armor. His armor is so fucked up that if rouge kiss’s him while he has it on she has SUPER armor which means it takes 3 regular hits to launch her lol. But magneto can be a pain if he lands that hit in and keeps the pressure going. When that happens just try and block mags shit n pushblock mags, try n get him da fuck outa there if things go bad.
Vs.Cable**- Oh man heres a pain in the ass for ya, but ive gotten around cable and heres what ive come up with. When cable does j.fp-gernade, wave dash and do a tackle u should either eat the bullet or hit him depending on how far he is.Also a neat trick i found out is when cable trys Guardbreaking you just pushblock and do colossus’s super. Works great IMO. But just try and not get shot or else ggpo you :sad:.

Hyper Armor setups
Well for the most part i always do my setups like this.
A) lk,lk,any assist, armor.
B)c.fk,any assist, tackle,armor.

Or if u land a tackle and they go flying just activate it.Never ever just do his armor super out in the blue or else youll eat some kinda super.

Resets
lol i have to work on this section but heres a funny one ive done.
1)launch,lk tackle,Dive super- this is similar to other resets im sure some of u seen.
IE storms launch go on the other side launch again.
Mixups**
Also heres a little crossup i found out.
(in corner + no roll)c.fk,command throw ( this pops them up),wave dash once,launch,etc.

I personally think this is the best team for colossus. Shit any mid-low tier for that matter. Ive tried colossus with mag eh not the same mag is a lil too fast for colossus. Hes alright with cable but just not as solid IMO.

Ill post some match vids later. If you have anything ask or if u have anything to share plz post :lovin: .

lol i play the same team as well…random stuff for you…

Sent Proj/ground, storm ground, colossus AAA. All combos were tested on cable and they do 80/143 points of damage or more. DHC into hail or HSF is almost guaranteed death or super hurt.

cu.FK, land, call in storm, c.fp, storm assist hits, then…
-dash in c.fp XX FP giant swing. [best option with no meter]
-LK tackle XX head dive
-[corner] dash in c.fp xx FK tackle xx head dive.
-[corner] TK giant swing, land, c.lk(otg), s.fk, s.fp xx head dive

cu.fk, land, call in sent proj, c.fp, assist hits, then…
-dash in s.fk, sj.fp xx head dive.
-FK tackle [best option if no meter]
-[corner] FK tackle xx Head dive

cu.FK, land, s.fk, then…
-call in storm proj/sent ground, sj.lp xx fk tackle [crossunder/reset] assit hits, s.fk, sj.fp xx head dive.
-call in storm, sj.lp, lp, fp, assist juggles, land, s.fk, sj.lp, lp xx head dive, [dhc into hail]

[corner] j.fp, land, s.fk, sj.lp, lk, lp, lk, F+fp, fk, land, c.lk, c.lp, pause, call in sent ground, FP throw into drones, s.fk, sj.fp xx head dive

Colossus’ dashing c.fp has such a huge hit range. I think its nearly half screen.
-[blocked] call sent ground, dash c.fp, assit hits…you can cancel into super armor and recover just as drones are finishing. If they low block, you can dash, j.fp overhead while they block the drones.

Tag in combos [hits opponents]:
-tag in storm, dash s.fp + colossus xx hail
-tag in sent, s.fk, call colossus, sj.fp, assit hits, xx RP
-tag in colossus, call sent proj, j.fp, assist hits, xx head dive

-SJ.lp comes out very fast and is very good vs sentinel (as mentioned above). It comes out fast and beats out a few things. the best thing is its easy to hit confirm so if you see a sj.lp hit, go for a sj.fp xx head dive.

Guardbreak:
-j.lp, pause, head dive/lk tackle.

…more stuff later.

That team is the shit. But anyways nice stuff man.

I have been using this team for a while now and it is probably my favorite.

Good stuff so far. Some fun combos are:

s.hk + drones, sj.lp, sj.hp,(sends them to the ground + drones hit), hk.
^Kind of like 2 fly screens in one combo. hp sends them to fly screen towards the gound. drones hit before they hit the ground. hk hits them after drones hit causing forward fly screen.

s.hk + drones, sj.lp, sj.mp, sj.f+hp, (land and drones hit), wave dash and
a) launch
b) snapout

Which brings me to the next point. Use his snapout. It seems to come out really fast and often snaps point character + assist. (especially in HYPER armor mode. if they try to call assist + super or anything snap their shit out. If you snap them out + thier assist do this:

1. wave dash, c.lk, s.hk, sj.lp, tackle,
    next comes the tricky part. (i think i made this shit):
  2. sj.(backwards!)lp, tackle
    repeat #2 until they die.

That will also work if you kill point character while the assist is still on screen. Just do s.hk, sj.lp, tackle. then repeat #2.

Maybe more later…

Haha i was going to get to snapback options right now. Thats pretty intreasting…but what i do when i get in a snapback with the assist out is…

dash or wave dash depending on how far u are from the corner,c.lk,launch, n just do fk tackles til they die! But…ive never thought of using his armor n then snapback lol some good shit.

Also i found out by the computers colossus that u can connect 3 lp’s!!! I WAS LIKE OMFGWTFBBQ!!11!11!! some fucked up shit lol.

K now im’a give you all some tips on how to beat other teams with what i like to call “ColossusThrax” (which is Sent,storm,col).

Vs MSP (Sent first)
Now then msp, well what can i say that team is indeed a wildcard. But colossusthrax has an upperhand due to pyslocke having shitty defence. Also heres a couple of options u can do @ the start of the round.

Vs Mag/psy
1).Say you do the switch trick (which would be a wise thing) you can do s.lk,s.lp,RP xxx super IF mag decides to go for s.lp,c.hk. If done right you can beat out mags hit due to the superarmor and go into super or w.e u decide on to.

2).Again with the switch trick. K say now mag wants to go short,short @ the start. Ez just do s.lk,s.lk this will beat him out. Now u can do either snapback or just go into any super (HSF recommended).

Punishing rushdown
Alright heres something ive found out. When they rush u down just keep pushblocking and callin out colossus but of course try not to be to predictable. Cuz you dont wanna dash back and get fucked up now lol. Also if there rushing u down call out colossus and use FK drones with sent and if u see him trying to hit u dhc to hailstorm.

(Storm first)
Vs Mag/psy
Now then this is where it really becomes on how good you are with storm. Cuz mag will try to be all over that ass, but heres what you do. Keep your distance from mag or you be the one rushing down and have the upperhand. Just call colossus everytime u see pys come up and hailstorm her bitchass. But again dont be careless and be predictable. After a few combos mag should be dead.

(Colossus first)
K well heres where it gets tricky but @ the same time fun. A couple things i do is try and land a c.Fk if i can do that i can do a shoulder + drones into his armor super.If mag rolls he’ll be near an armored colossus ready to kill. When storm comes in just bait her out to call pys and do a tackle + drones but make sure to do it in the air case she wants to throw a typhoon.

Well i dont think you all need advice on how to beat pys so ill just skip her lol. Um well This is @ least what i try to do when i play against msp. If you have any other tactics plz share :sweat:

sent with colossus assist:

s.lk + colossus, s.mp, hp rp, HSF.

this combo does tons of damge because of rp AND colossus shoulder bash before HSF. Should be 5 hits before super.

This team is called “Team Rattler” around here lol.

Gotta go, post more later.

Hmm what matchups would you all like to know?

Something I found usefull with Colossus is this team
Colossus - AA
Storm - Projectile
Doom - AA

With Colossus, use Doom or Storm’s to create any horizontal trap. With that in place do j. HP with Colssus. If you get it right, it counts as an overhead, sorta like Rogue’s j.HP.

With that you can easily combo into anything.

Storm, while she’s out you can use Colossus AA into a hail storm. If you’re versing a sentinel it’s easy to do.

Doom and Storm go together pretty good. Storm’s projectile, like Tron’s, you can sometimes get that lk. lk. to a launcher. Then to whatever combo you want.

That’s all I’ve come up with. I rarely ever use this team, but I was able to a
Spiral, Sent, CapCom team with it.

Nice stuff mang. I have some vids of me playing wif colossus but the person that has em hasnt ripped em yet -_- so sorry.

Minor detail: In the match against Magneto when using Colossus, you still have to be careful. If he punch throws you and snaps you, your metal armor is GONE!!!

I use Colossus on point (colossus, sent, cykez). I have wrecked many a msp/mss with this team.

I was just wondering, what tactics do you guys use when you fight team scrub? I know that not having storm on my team reduces my chances a lot, I just don’t like her. I just can’t figure out a way around good cables and sentinels backed by commando.

Team Scrub can put too much on the screen and punish too well for colossus teams.

Thats why you tech hit. Just as soon as u see a grab push f+ any button

For team scrub.
Well it all depends on how good YOU are with the characters u have. I mean if u can rush down properly with storm,do FF with sent constantly,and have good blocking skills all it takes is a lil patience and once u see an opurtunity to take out comando or just fuck up his world take that chance and do it. That is the best advice i can give.

cykes/colossus AAA infinite set up.

[cykes] launch + colossus, sj.fk, colossus hits, d.lk, d.lp, pause, d.lk, d.lp, land, oc. FK…

LOL phil nice.

Random but good.

Keep em coming. =)

EDIT: wtf posted within 1 minute?!? too good! lol

dude. I played team stupid damage in new mexico…i almost perfected against a team scrub. Team SD is hella dope.

Lol Tsd Ftmfw!

Hey phil GGs last week. Wish I could have stayed later. Next time you are in town give me a call.

So lately I have been experimenting with the qcf + p move. Basically using it in different situations to try to find real uses for this move. It seems that this move catches people off guard, especially if they are moving in for an attack. This move is too random though and should be used in moderation.

Can c.hk be used as an unblockable? Kind of random but we will see.

MISTAKE: If Rogue kisses Colossus while He’s armorized, she doesn’t get super armor, she gets Metal armor. If a character has metal armor they cannot be put in hit stun [meaning launching is impossible], and attacks just slow them down. Unlike Zangief’s metal mode, Colossus and Rogue will be able to block [no combos unless you’re punishing the recovery of a move]