Tacoma/Lakewood

anything going down this weekend anywhere? CVS2 and SSF2T and maybe some SFIIITS

Hm. Wondering if Tacoma has an FGC. I might be moving there soon so I wanna ask ahead of time.

Every Thursday people meet at a game store on south tacoma way to play Tekken. That seems to be the only consistent event that comes to the top of my head.

where u stay? we can ru nsome casuals on the cabinet if ur down to play

You have a cab? Which games?

EDIT:

Only Tekken? Is there a fee or something?

There is a fee for four dollars and from my experiences it is almost all Tekken and most guys who show up probably don’t play CVS2, ST or Third Strike. I’m down to play whatever, though I don’t always go there so if you plan on going you should let me know and I’ll try to make it. I’m better at CVS2 than ST and Third Strike but I’ll play any of em. Probably gotta bring your own setup if you wanna play anything non-Tekken but there should be provided TV’s and I think there is even a CRT for any old systems though I’ve never seen anyone use it, might not even work.

I’m being told the big scene is in Olympia. That’s where the variety is. While I do play TTT2, I also play heaps of other games. I wonder if anyone opens their house as a venue. I have some people that might wanna participate, but they’re all about free venues unless it’s EVO. Understandable. Maybe get other games popular in the Tacoma area. What do you think?

“I’m being told the big scene is in Olympia. That’s where the variety is.”

I’ve been to a couple of Olympia meets and played with their players a decent amount of times. They primarily play at a comic store every week which has no venue fee and is primarily casuals. You have to kind watch your manners while your in there so don’t get too rowdy. As for the variety, your probably talking about the semi bi-weekly in Rcaido’s garage that has a bunch of cool cab (the most important one being CVS2) set ups for console games and arcade games. Though the player base from my experiences seemed to have their competitive focuses mostly on SFIV still.

**“I wonder if anyone opens their house as a venue. I have some people that might wanna participate, but they’re all about free venues unless it’s EVO.”

House events usually are more limited to people who know each other around here due to strangers eventually causing incidents and stuff getting stolen. If you or your friends really wanna get better you probably should just fork over 10 to 15 dollars every other month or so at the monthly tournaments such as Gamebreakers in Auburn after training with each other. By showing up and meeting people, maybe people will invite you to some training sessions at people’s places. I don’t use facebook but I’m sure people have told you that the scene is mostly on facebook up here so you should probably check that out if you haven’t already.

“Maybe get other games popular in the Tacoma area. What do you think?”

To be honest I’m not really that active in the scene right now but I’ll show up to your meets sometimes if you ever have any. I don’t play any games at a competitive level right now but I still randomly show up to tournaments and gatherings and I’m pretty open to different fighting games(even though most old fighting games are better) compared to most players.

I’m not sure where exactly I’ll be, but that’s the general area. In and around Tacoma or a bit of a ways away from it. When I have specifics, I’ll let you know. Does this comic book store have a variety in there? I don’t care about non-competetiveness. I’m FGC free right now, so I’m not about to sit up here and call anyone a scrub anytime soon. Or ever. Since it’s a no-cost venue, I have extra incentive to be there. I don’t play much Street Fighter, but I do play pretty much everything except it. I’m really trying to get at Marvel 3 and Injustice. Those are my top right now. But I’m not exclusive! Tell me more about this comic book store.

That’s understandable. From what I’ve researched, there is no Northwest FGC Facebook profile or group of any kind. If you know of any, link me please. It’ll be good for me to network when I do get over there. Not much I can do about it now. Like I said though, the name of the game right now is free practice. I’m not trying to shell out 10-15 dollars before I even get set up with work and a living space! Priorities first. Which means; I’ll have to go free until I get my money right. Do you have any experience with new movers/people that network and find FGC friends to play with?

I won’t be hosting any meets until I get a place of my own. I’ll be in going-to-meets mode when I arrive. Maybe the opposite later. Looking forward to your reply.

I recently moved to Kent, I’m looking to meet some new people to get some training in. My goal is to make it to EVO next year and not make an A** of myself. I’m down to host, but I do have an apartment that could only fit 6-8 people and still be comfortable. Anyone playing on Xbox live down to get some online practice in?

ok, so is rcaido doing his cab get togethers anytime this month? I have a PS2 but I don’t have any arcade sticks. Just the PS2 pads…

Crap. You’re pretty far from Tacoma (where I’ll be when I move). We should still link up in person somehow though. It’s good for me to connect with others now before I move.

My next schedule gathering is next Friday, September 27. It would be a good idea to go to Olympia Cards & Comics first to introduce yourself or join my facebook group here…Olympia Mother Russia https://www.facebook.com/groups/318728931553833/

Sorry for the late reply, been kind of busy this week.

All I meant by not being rowdy is that the store is supposed to be family oriented so try not to swear or anything like that in there. As for Marvel and Injustice, they have players who play Marvel pretty consistently and a couple of people who play Injustice, or at least used to.

There definetely are Northwest FGC Facebook groups around but like I said I don’t use facebook so I don’t know most of em at the top of my head. The only two that I can think of right now is the Olympia one which the above poster gave a link to and the Blazblue community’s group which is something like ‘PNW Airdasher’s’ (not sure if its the exact name but close enough). I’m 100% sure there are other PNW facebook groups for other games and areas in Washington. As for movers, sorry I don’t know of any though if your moving some place in Tacoma thats close to my place and I have time maybe I can help you out, can’t guarentee that though.

Thats cool, if you ever want to maybe we can carpool to some meets.

We have been beasting on the cabinet, my decapre is a scumbag. Can’t wait to sesh in the future

You put USF4 in a cab?

I retrofitted a dynamo cab with 1080P and a PC, so we are playing the PC version on it, The cabinet is sick tho.

Weren’t you in the sonoma county area before?

No I moved here from Miami Dade county FL

Pics of cab!