Super Turbo Ranking Chart 2013

8-2 ? hahah … It’s 6-4 in Sims favor. But Honda is still a “threat” to sim , more so than most other chars.

I’m not sure why they feel Honda v. Sim is in Honda’s favor. It really shouldn’t be. I’ll have to watch how they handle the matchup. It’s a very reaction-based matchup, and it’s a tough one to crack, but it’s most definitely in Sim’s favor at 6-4. I feel like it requires Sim to establish a good life lead early on, which will allow him to absorb trades later on during the round in order to finish odd Honda.

And MAO’s reasoning for why DJ beats Claw most likely stems from his experiences fighting Ito. I think he mentioned this last year during ToL.

Error! It should’ve been EDIT: 3.5 - 6.5 in O.Gat’s favor.

Thanks, Jizzon. Wasn’t thinking straight.

4.5 - 5.5, or 3.5 -6.5?

Interesting. If I’m reading this right, Ryu and Ken dominate. I wish HDR would get another tier update.

Yogaboy’s thing is really cool- you can look up a particular character’s favorable/unfavorable matchups, or see all of them listed!

Ryu comes in just under the top tier characters, and Ken lower than average (note the very bottom row, and far right column of “+/-”. You can effectively ignore the “total” row, it’s just there for the bottom row calculation. The “Score” column, however, is meaningful.

It’s fixed now!

I’ve linked the images in a local forum, for people who can’t read English. Is it OK to direct-link the images, which are hosted on ST Revival’s website?

No, you didn’t read it right. Also, for HDR there is another forum: http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/ssf2t-hd-remix

Yeah, that should be fine. I’ll let you know if there’s a problem.

I don’t think you have grasped the concept of “numbers” yet, or how they work. Ken has negative “numbers”. This means, not good. Ryu has positive “numbers”, but there are still other characters that have higher “numbers”. This means neither of them “dominate”.

CVital…? He plays ST? When I read or Hear CVital for some reason I think of a time when I cared about SF4 and I don’t associate him with ST.

Maybe I’m confusing him with someone else.

cvital aka pup won last year’s texas qualifier, he beat john choi and got a spot in the evo tournament of legends.

It wasn’t a typo of 8-2 Honda favor vs sim. That’s my worse match up. I’d rather play vs claw. I only play st n hf when it comes sf. (Cough cough) And I also won this years Texas showdown vs Alex Valle(cough cough)

Out of curiosity, why do you and Cole both feel that Honda beats Sim?

In my case I have a difficult time choosing the right anti air n most times it trades in Honda favor.
Butt slam.
N not hard for Honda to get sim in the corner which destroys me :frowning:

All good points. I really think the key to this matchup depends on a few things:

1. How well you can keep out Honda at round start and keep him at near full screen distance.
  2. Once you get the life lead, whether you should take trades in order to finish him off, at the risk of lowering your own health.
  3. Not going for trades, and whittling him down slowly, which gives him more opportunities to get in.
  4. Anti-airing buttslams properly when they’re directly above you.

It’s a tough matchup, but most players think it’s still slightly Sim favor.

I will maybe detail some of my choices also, and that Honda match especially. I talked with Milanea and we decided to rate it 5.5 in honda’s favor. I will post soon something to explain my opinion.

Some Sims make it look easy…

I’m stealing ALL of his moves for this matchup. He has a lot of interesting AA choices and trip guard attack strings that are super safe, and somehow able to punish buttslams through the fireball.