Super Smash Bros. General 2.0 - Git Gud or Whine Trying

I lost all respect for Mood in the smash scene (I don’t think I can take that guy serious anymore), first we went “even”, then he was “experimenting”, and now he’s claiming he 4 stocked the first two matches then sandbagged. Like dude, go get your fucking story straight lol. I don’t know what to believe when Mood is speaking about smash lol.

I know what you mean by “I do acknowledge that people occasionally do “sandbag” or experiment once they deem the opponent inferior to them”. Yeah, I dozed off playing @“Phantom Angel” lol.

See me in a fighting game, bruh lol. Fuck Smash.

You talk a lot of shit for someone who got 10-0d

I’m not wondering if he has mental issues, I am absolutely certain of it. (I say this while full well admitting I have issues of my own)

At his core, po is subject to a persecution complex. He sees himself as some protector of true fun and growth as a player, hating virtually all bans in a competitive environment. In his story, smogon and smashboards are the forces of evil trying to destroy all variety in their competitive games (actually somewhat true, see their overzeaelous bans of far too many damn stages in Smash 4 and how they treated the Miis; see below for more on that). The problem is a lack of nuance or range in thinking. That is, po thinks he’s the only sane man and the only one with a true appreciation of gaming.

This has been going on for years. When it turned out I was unaware of a few interesting games in the 3DS library, he offered some as good examples of the system’s game variety being wider than it seemed and immediately presumed I was going to attack him for his remarks. Then it branched into an absolute unyielding hatred of whatever characters (except Bayonetta) are top tier at the time, as a manifestation of the idea that every single one of their users is a soulless ‘tier whore’ who only plays for victory at any cost. That somehow, he is the one true guardian of playing out of a love of one’s character. Again, there are tiny shreds of truth here: A shitload of people abandoned sheik once she got nerfed. Tons gave up on sonic once he was toned down. Those are both true. Same with diddy and his stupid hoo-hah combo.

The problem is po refuses to accept that some people are genuine fans of the playstyle or character and used them before their ‘top tier status’ was known, that some continue to use said characters so long as they don’t fall TOO far (Make a character suck enough, and no amount of identifying with them is going to overcome how futile using them is. You move on, any reasonable person would). To him, absolutely nobody bought Final Fantasy 7 back on the PS1 and enjoyed a tale of Cloud, Tifa, and a half-dozen others fighting to save the planet while exploring their psychological issues. Nope, literally every single person playing Cloud just cares about his excellent hitboxes and damage output. Acknowledging any other possibility deals far too much damage to his delusional view of reality. And he desperately needs to be right, or else his stupid little crusade (which I suspect he has been on for a decade or so, just with nouns changing as he shifts from game to game) is all for naught.

It’s a shame. po is intelligent, and his passion for gaming is obvious. He mis-uses it by tearing into absolutely everyone though, because he cannot see past his persecution complex. Frankly, I’ve given up on him. He outright voted for an avowed sexual predator, someone who in less than two months in office brought about a genuine “vhere are yoor paperz?” deportation incident in a university classroom I was in, mid-lecture.

po has mental issues, and they’re ones that rob him of his potential to be a wonderful friend and a great ambassador of the competitive spirit. He reminds me of an old Star Trek episode, where a lost colony is found by the Enterprise and its survivors beamed aboard to be taken back to society… except for the colony’s leader, who opts to stay behind rather than lose his status as a leader. It only takes him a few minutes of wandering the now-vacant community to realize his folly, now trapped forever alone when it is too late to change that. po is just like that guy, and I fear he won’t realize it until he too has been left behind in a vacant community.

Second worst. The worst are the likes of zero and mvd, who pushed to have interesting characters excluded from the roster without any real exploration of how they could be fairly included. Who used their position as ‘elite players’ to bully tournament organizers into bending the rules to suit those whims. po is not as bad as zero and mvd. He is nonetheless bad.

Daily reminder that Smashbros is a bitch, always was a bitch, and will continue to always be a bitch.

Bitch.

I can count the number of people using Cloud because they love him on one hand… Scratch that, two fingers.

I already told you idiots I don’t like owing people. A “free” trip to go whoop someone’s ass that loses to Ryu all the time because he blocks with his face is definitely not the kind of shit I wanna be indebted to anyone over.

Only thing I’m bad at in Smash is dick riding top tiers just because they’re​ top tier.

FUCK CLOUD.

You wouldn’t owe me anything. It’d be a gift.

How about my offer to send you and Rayne to EVO this year?

Which is funny because everyone would get their money’s worth just watching this thing be settled once and for all. Especially since several of us would use it as an excuse to meet up IRL and hangout.

Po Pimpus: Denier of Parties

Also, some of us have these things called jobs and responsibilities. Can’t just up and take off to NY to settle a score anytime I want.

There are, however, things called schedules, days off, and paid leave. I won’t blame you for taking days (if you have any) to go gallivanting off to NY, but you still have a schedule, no? There’s absolutely no time you can find in your schedule for…lets say 3 days?

All these list of excuses. Po knows he can take a weekend to come down here. And you damn well know aint beating no one @“po pimpus” . You can barely beat phantom.

@LordWilliam1234 dont waste your money on po goin to evo. How bout u donate to @rayne to come down here. Id love to spar with him.

@Mood4food77 look here at least I can be gracious in defeat. I can’t say that about you. In fact, you lost all credibility with me when it comes to Smash. I don’t know if you thought losing to me Dre will look down on you or something. Man, you guys are weird

Really? The job I’m in offers nowhere near enough of these to make up for the injuries and illnesses that are mounting within me. I’d love to have a job that provides sufficient amounts of these things to make up for the ongoing damage. You’re lucky to have something like that…

Why am I being dragged into all this mess? Lol… I don’t play this game.

Okay. Here’s how it went down

I went to Xeno with dre one day cause whatever.

I did 2 tournament matches and was 1-1 at that point so i had down time between that and my next set so i find dre playing marc (introduced afterwards and whatever). He’s like, here mood play Marc. So i sit down and play. First match is clean 2 stock my favor. Next match is practically a 2 stock (i had ~50% 2 stocks and he had ~80% with 1 stock left), used roy both matches. my next match got called so i quit and went off. Lost that set so i kinda just chilled for about an hour while he played. I get back on and then we go about. i won a few in a row and then he won a few in a row and it went back and forth for a while as i switched between roy and Bowser (He’s swapped between a few characters as well). I dont think there was any significant advantage between us, he might have won a few more but it’s friendlies so whatever. I didnt think any of these matches were serious, i kinda did stupid stuff and whatnot and i was cooled off from my tournament matches.

So there. No one cared but that’s the story

@“Red Rick Dias” let me guess the type of work that you do. Okay, your probably not supported by a union. Are you a vendor? Maybe you work in fast food?

Very close, Marc. Service industry, yes. Retail. Retail where we have a very curious interpretation of the law and priorities. I got reprimanded for reporting (internally, not going to law enforcement like I probably should have) that we have an alarming tendency to leave the gun cabinet unlocked and open and UNATTENDED. Apparently preventing gun accidents is bad because…???

Also being on that concrete for so long with no seat kind of wrecks my legs and feet no matter how much effort I put into supporting them. I also get reprimanded for taking breaks. Like, at all. They also keep trying to load me up with more and more working hours regardless of my college studies, on the spoken understanding that “You’re really smart, you don’t need that much time to study…” - Yes I fucking do, when I’m taking higher math, software coding, and two science labs all in one semester. Management, of note, has never gone to college so they wouldn’t fucking know in the first place.

I’m in the deep rural south. We piss on ideas like ‘ethical work arrangements’ and ‘laws.’ Then we’re stupid enough to vote for a man who is going to put even more power in corporate leadership to fuck over the common worker. No union, just as you say.

I already had my doubts about the most hardcore aspects of the republican, conservative, and libertarian philosophies prior to all this; the idea that everyone in society was ‘lazy’ and ‘deserved poverty’ never sat well with me as it was such a dim view of far too much of the population. Now I’ve had a massive shift in political and social alignment; I completely reject those factions and very much look forward to the day the people responsible for this die of old age or otherwise meet some kind of justice.

Game has been out for how long now?

Something to think about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PElmAFZFoqQ

To anyone that thinks Zelda is ass in this game, I suggest you check out Nairo’s stream sometime. He uses her a lot and really shows off what she’s capable of in the right hands.

Also Mr. R spotted using Bayo at MSM earlier… But top tier ho riders don’t exist açcording to some of y’all…

I still think Zelda is ass.

I want to rant so badly about your stupid ass hatred for people who “play to win” but I know you won’t listen, so I won’t bother.