Super Skrull Question & Answer Thread

I use the elastic slam H mostly when the other person’s jumps are predictable or I have been annoying them with f+H. On characters like hulk and sentinel I use it more because their huge hitboxes seem to give me alot of room for error.

I have pretty strong yomi power, so I use it a lot, and I am successful ~70% of the time, but I’m still new to Skrull. I expect the number to go up over time. However, my follow-up generally fails. -_-

Still working on doing that consistently.

Do Skrull’s f.H and df.H have a hitbox like Dhalsim’s attacks? I haven’t gotten hit yet, but I just want to be sure.

Anyway, I generally call Molecular Shield to make my opponent want to jump, then Elastic Slam H.

Nope, neither his throws nor his long range attacks have Dhalsim-like hitboxes: you’re completely safe as long as they don’t have any instant fullscreen punishes (i.e. Chaotic Flame, Shinku Hadoken, etc).

As long as they’re not being extremely predictable, I generally try to avoid throwing someone until I play them a few matches and get a good feel for how often and in what situations they jump vs. dash vs. stand still/back away. Once you’ve got that figured out, it’s not hard to catch most people.

I usually play Skrull together with Hulk and use Hulk’s AA assist a lot, especially against rushdown characters, so I try to pay attention to what they do after getting hit by it. Some people just tech (forward or back) and land without doing anything, every time, which makes throwing them really easy.

skrulls f+C and d/f+C have 100% invincible, unhittable boxes from about the elbow to the fist. c.B and S also have tiny but useful unhittable boxes on them. and s.C has a 180 degree hitbox, so it’ll beat crossups during its active frames and can be used in airtech crossunders. skrull is dangerous and no one knows.

I don’t, personally. It’s a useful tool with unique advantages, but for me it only works well when my opponent is strictly on the defensive. Even then I almost always cover the ungrabbed area with an assist (In my case, Whirlwind or Shoryuken) to make it a little bit safer. Of all his major combo starters, it’s the one that lands you with the least damage anyway, so keeping it in reserve is fine, I think.

A question of my own, now: why do I never see any other Skrull player use s.:h: as a launcher?

I use s.H as a launcher when I need quick damage because I can get a third bounce using ryu’s hadoken and skrull’s down+H. \

In response to my question, I can see how the grab could be pretty useful for turtles since we can kara throw the command and get a longer range on everything.

Forgive me for being so lazy, but I’m at work right now; if you punch a Hadoken, do they just not interact at all?

What’s your general Skrull gameplan? Without throws and random meteor smashes, I’m pretty helpless with him. Luckily, Molecular Shield makes both of these safe and encourages throw setups.

Oooo, neat!

What do you mean? Use s.H in the standard launcher combo?

Depends on the match, but generally:

• At close/mid range, jump (optionally air dash, depending on distance) and d+H or S(charge), repeatedly. Either call an assist that makes it safer on block or a low assist like Wesker’s gun for unblockables iff I don’t think the assist is going to get hit (I wouldn’t try it against Hulk, Dante or Sentinel, but I probably would on Wolverine, for example). If I get a hit, that’s great, but the main purpose is usually just to get them blocking high every time.
  • At which point you can usually just dash in and st.L or c.M into whatever
  • If they’re on the ground and not pressing buttons (especially if I’ve kept them blocking for a while), grab them
  • If they’re being predictable with jumps, grab them
  • At long range, wait for them to come to me. If they try to zone, block a few times to make sure I get how they’re timing projectiles. If they’re spamming, meteor smash > inferno. If they’re being conservative, dash > kara st.H into a grab.
  • Use a GTFO assist when they try to get in (i.e Hulk’s AA charge, She-Hulk’s somersault), throw them out of their air tech every time it hits
  • Every combo should end in Inferno and every Inferno should end in a reset (unless you’re trying to DHC out or air tag into a stronger combo).

Character Specific stuff:

• Against wolverine, if I smell a berserker slash coming, meteor smash Skrull’s current location. Free damage into a reset if they try to dash in, nothing happens if they don’t.
  • j.d+H Akuma Tatsu assists
  • meteor smash > inferno Sentinel drone assists
  • Throw ammy out of her air dashes. Try to avoid jumping against her. If you see a cold star, meteor smash.
  • If Dante throws a full screen super (which he really shouldn’t be doing if he’s any good), meteor smash > inferno between the last two hits
  • Be a lot more careful with grabs against teleport characters

I bet you can get the Meteor Smash off before it even starts, in this case.

That’s exactly how I play Skrull (him being my anchor). One thing I’d like to add is I keep using f.H and df.H quite a bit to get them blocking. I’m not really good at anticipating though, my opponents always seem to do just random moves no semi-intelligent player would do… oh, well…

Also bare in mind that his level 3 hyper is fully invincible on the way up. This is extremely useful against all beam hypers and a number of others.

Having a bit of trouble testing this due to my poor execution. Are there any assists that can follow up from a worm squash otg?

Yes. Dormammu’s purification assist. If you call Dorm RIGHT before you squash, it’ll catch with the last few active frames. It doesn’t do much damage, but it carries the opponent up to a height that’s great for an elastic slam H reset.

I meant assists that don’t normally otg. I found that I can accidentally wave dash in after an air throw from mid screen and hit with worm squash while they’re on the ground, but my team doesn’t have any otg assist at the moment to carry that any further.

Pretty much just delayed otgs work ie. storm’s typhoon, Dorm purification, or Joe’s bomb.

Squash keeps them grounded. If it ain’t otg, it ain’t hitting. You’ll notice that the opponent goes straight from prone to standing/rolling.

Sent drones work well with worm squash though (and every other move in the game). When they recover from squash, the drones force block stun, allowing for an elastic slam reset. However, this can be done from any hard knockdown – not just squash. But, there’s something to be said for squash’s extra few points of damage (to both vitality and psyche).

Has anyone discovered a Super Skrull Infinite? If not I’m posting a video of it tomorrow

woah can’t wait for this one. Its not an x-factor based thing is it?

No X-factor, No assists.

I’m making a thread soon

Here’s the link:

http://bit.ly/oscht8

great find! Getting the tenderizer low enough is tough.
Edit: Landing the second d+h is the hardest part for me.