MP - Cr.hp, walk forward cr.hk, U2
Lp - Cr.hp, U2
Ex - Cr.hp, U2
EX/LP safeball - Cannot punish

Recommended Ultra to use: U1

General Strategy:

Useful OS’s:

Notes:

B.throw unblockable - b.throw, dash, j.mk(midscreen only)

Followup with st.strong, st.jab, xx hp electricity. Will still let you punish ex messiah(with chasedown hops to slide) and focus backdash and normal backdash will get hit by the st.strong regardless if you do it late. If done early st.strong will not come out and you can chase down an ex messiah with hops to throw.

Followup with cr.hk cannot be backdashed/focus backdashed and you can still follow up with a slide punish on ex messiah. Benefit of the sweep is a hard knockdown which allows for a manual timed unblockable, or an overhead setup

f.throw unblockable - f.throw, dash, cr.mp, j.mk(midscreen only)

Followup with st.strong, st.jab, xx hp electricity. Will still let you punish ex messiah(with chasedown hops to slide) and focus backdash and normal backdash will get hit by the st.strong regardless if you do it late. If done early st.strong will not come out and you can chase down an ex messiah with hops to throw.

The cr.hk followup is not recommended for the f.throw unblockable.

Rufus has a very slow reversal allowing all hard knockdowns, anti air upballs, and some air to airs to turn into safejumps. Keep on top of him especially when he doesn’t have meter.

All Messiah kick followups can be beat by late U1, U2, or late ex upball. Don’t let him messiah kick.

Rufus has a very fat hurtbox, meaning almost all combos will work on him from any starter, including a crossup.

Player Notes about the match:

Videos:

reserve

Any tips on gamestyle for makato? It seems I can murder them up to a level, then it’s me squashed into a corner trying to squeeze a cr.lk confirm out or pushing to keep outside her command grab range. Her dash is amazing too, zippy little bitch. Her aa seems limited, that srk of hers is pretty useless. I wonder if there is a safe way in there?

Stick out normals/jab balls to stuff her dash ins.

Any random knockdown turns into free pressure. cr.short meaty and safejumps are good.

safeball to bait dash punch when she doesn’t have meter, then punish it.

She’s mildly free to jump at, jb.hp from her is godlike though. Don’t jump at her in AE.

Honestly if you don’t get karakusa’d you literally can’t lose. Hit st.jab/strong to push her out. Be patient, don’t fall for dumb stuff.

Thanks Ves. Just finished reading the Mak matchup info on Blanka. Seems they have our number on a few things. Time to St.lp/hp some sense into the little dyke. :slight_smile:

ves explained it all when he said hit s.LP s.MP

Also, anti-air her with st. hk, her j. hp beats cr. mp D:

thats a range dependent thing, but yeah, if she’s jumping from anything closer than max range you want to st.hk, or nj.hp. St.hp has a good range too.

Oni matchup anyone? Feels like Blanka’s favour (for now). 5:5 at most.

Hardest part of the match is getting knocked down in the corner because Oni’s meaty jab hit-confirm stuffs EX Rainbow Ball like Cody’s, so you’ve just got to ride it out. Also Oni’s j.mk seems to have a strong hit-box. Looks like it stuffs cr.mp from certain ranges. Kinda like shoto j.lk

I feel like fighting Oni is kinda like fighting most of the other shotos…

except he’s got a few decent normals for pokes… but i still think you win in that department when you’re playing poking…

I don’t think he can punish LP ball on block… but might need to double check that because i don’t know if his claws are fast enough…

his fireball game is kinda sucks…

air dash isn’t really useful against blanka… he can’t even avoid U2 with his air dashes…

air raging demon… you might wanna watch out for that… i’ve been caught once but it was because i never seen it before…

if he does the mixup stuff be prepared to upball or just jump away.

if you don’t have any problems fighting against ken/ryu… you shouldn’t have much problems against oni

-LAU

Hey guys, what do you think about the match up BISON ? For me, it’s more hard than a 6-4.

What Blanka have against him ? Bison don’t have great anti air, Blanka can jump on him, but Blanka can do anything else?

Bison is a nightmare for me, he can punish rollings on hit with knee press hk, ultra 2.

And Blanka can punish PC EX with the slide.

But Blanka can do nothing, Bison have too much reversals, the wake up game is so poor, we can’t poke him, he have better normals (HK, MK and crouch LK are good), and knee press is really good against Blanka, in the corner, Blanka is dead.

If the Bison player play defensively, i’m lost.

Wakeup game is fine IMO. Your safest bet is to do meaty cr.lk xx electricity or safejump him.

If he wakes up with EX PC, or EX scissors you block and get a punish. EX PC leads to the same situation again off of slide and you can either reset the situation with scissors or go for a more damaging combo. You can also hop over him before the meaty to kill backcharge.

If he wakes up with teleport you can slide/sweep it on reaction.

ex stomp/reverse go over meaty cr.short, you can punish on reaction

If he backdashes or does focus backdash those are the worst for you, but he’s mostly going to do these when he doesn’t have meter. so you can work accordingly, st.mp is strong here.

Against a Bison who spam the devil reverse (i don’t know the name), it’s a air move to make meter, what the best thing to do ? Neutral jump HP, Vertical roll HK or EX or Backstep roll ? Maybe focus, i know Blanka can punish that with the slide in close range.

I hop forward when someone does devil’s reverse. Worse case scenario I push them to the corner. If I have the angle I will try for hop -> upball or hop -> slide

you can also start whiffing jab elecs to build meter and bait something out.

Ok thanx.

You have experience in this match up ? You think Blanka should do what ?

I have a decent amount of experience.

I think you just play footsies, get a knockdown, do something sort of ambiguous but safe and see how he reacts to it. You can’t cover all of his escape options, but you can just try to make good decisions. I like to focus dance to try to bait scissors from half screen away, but most good bisons will just dash up when they see you charging a focus.

You need to be able to punish whiffed reverses, ex stomp, whiff slide, and keep him from dashing up into your face with jabs.

Don’t get cornered, new scissor kicks keeps you cornered way better now.

There’s a lot to say on the matchup, it’s hard to encapsulate it in a few sentences.

crouch into electricity will beat ex stomp. Lp ball and fa’s at range will beat scissor kicks, also electricity will.

Makoto can punish rollings ON HIT in AE with the EX Hayate… sad.

As a Rufus player who is now picking up Blanka, I can try to offer you my experience in that matchup.

I’ll add some stuff in here later, I’m at work right now.