Streets of Rage 4 Announced!

Holy shit its real! Taking it back to the streets! OMGGGGG

REVEAL TRAILER:

16 Likes

Geeeeeese Pants already brought the hype tothe games thread. :tup:

HYPE HYPE HYPE

2 Likes

This is a pleasant surprise. The game is looking good.

2 Likes

giphy%20(22)

4 Likes

Hope they continue the story from SOR 3. The ending was a bit ambiguous. Was Mr X a person with an actual body per the bad endings or just a brain like the good ending

1 Like

Dances all night long

Woooooooooooooo
Xmen

4 Likes

Does this really need it’s own thread? It’s already being discussed in the video game gd thread

Yo wtf that is awesome. I hope it’s actually amazing and not a shitty cash grab. I am 100% not into the artstyle but it’s a western studio, so what else is new

1 Like

Yes it does need its own thread, because its not just any game its STREETS OF RAGE!

10 Likes

Hopefully all the past playable characters return(including Roo), even if DLC. Think of the online play. You’re playing alone and random players can drop in like it’s an arcade.

That music doesn’t sound like Koshiro. I looked it up and the composer is some other dude, but apparently Koshiro has done work for this developer on a past game. Come oooooon.

PANDA PAW!

2 Likes

I haven’t played 2/3, but I heavily played the first game with my older brother. Maybe playing 2 and 3 will explain why I don’t see my boy Adam.

2 Likes

HHHHHHHHHYPE!!!

I still bang SOR2’s soundtrack till this day!!

Which is why hope there’s more to this:

We need you back on this Yuzo Koshiro!!

5 Likes

Yeah I mean, even if it isn’t Koshiro or that other guy that worked on SoR music, I just really need it to not be rock-ish stuff like that trailer. It really, REALLY needs to be early 90s techno n shit.

6 Likes

Playable Adam or no buy.

1 Like

Yes it does! We’ve waited YEARS for this. And they -have- been trying to do a new Streets Of Rage for a LONG time. Fighting Force way back on ps1 was going to be a Streets Of Rage game.

And early 90’s techno you say???

3 Likes

Techno as in the genre of electronic music, not electronic music in general.

2 Likes

Yeah, they can just go ahead and bring the entire Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack over for the new one.

7 Likes

Even if they didn’t have any original tracks I would only be very slightly disappointed, but not because SoR2 music isn’t GOAT, just because it would be awesome to have someone reexplore the genre for the game.

Yeah, I hope this is actually SOR4 and not SOR2:HDR. I’d still buy it… but you know what I mean.

What direction do you guys think the gameplay should go in? Should it strictly follow the tenets of 90s beat-em ups or should it reflect certain gameplay elements that have become more prominent since then? I mean stuff like juggles or character progression. For me I guess it depends on the intention behind the game. If it’s just a nostalgia bomb then OK, go old school. But if they want SOR5 to ever be a thing then hopefully they understand that SOR4 shouldn’t just be a better looking and sounding(?) SOR2 or 3. From 1 to 3 Sega was steady making improvements to the gameplay.

Starting at 8:52 of this video they start to touch on this subject and I agree with the guy on the left.

They’ll probably be DLC with SOR1-3 original music. Probably remixes as well as new music.