Street Fighter Issue Ten Discussion, Speculation and Spoiler Thread

Good Issue

Got my internet back today, just wanted to say that I was pretty pleased with this issue. I was hyped for Yun and Yang, but it turned out that they were only on 1 page, oh well, that’s fine. I never liked the HK comics, so I don’t dig the art for the backup. Cheapshots…never liked them, but yeah.

Can’t wait for the next issue, thanks Udon for the good read so far.

In One Piece and indeed, most manga I know, fights can last for entire volumes. Sadly, the limited pages and panels of the US comic book format doesn’t allow for fights to last this long. Which I guess is why most fights in the comic seem to end in one to four moves. :xeye:

It’s because US comic books spend copious amounts of money to get every page extremely colorful and high-quality, while Japanese manga magazines like Shonen Jump usually print everything on cheap recycled B&W newsprint. They can get volumes of stuff out very quickly this way.

Pretty much. That’s what I meant by the US format not allowing that many pages to be used (too resource intensive).

I got the issue a few days ago and i have to say it was very good. Gen owns and so does balrog. I love how geki died. Plus great backstory art too.

are we really sure it’s really geki ? considering that he was in SF1, how could he be killed when ChunLi was so young ? don’t tell me she’s That younger than Ryu…

You’re right, Ryu is only 4 years older than Chun-Li. I haven’t seen the issue yet, but maybe its not Geki? Was Chun-Li really young or maybe teenage sort of young? Then it might still be credible to be Geki, Ryu was young in th first tournament but not that young.

Well…

umm…

who said it’s Geki? It could be one of his ninja buddies or something, which would give him motivation to join the Street Fighter tournament.

Or it could be that they just threw him in because no one really cares about SF1 characters…

not sure about that, they just mentioned Lee being Yun and Yang’s father in same issue, and considering the fact had not been appproved officially by Capcom, this means they really do care about SF1 chars.