Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, Steam)

They mentioned that in an off-handed manner. When you’re playing arcade mode, you can turn off new challengers or allow the interruptions and I think they even said you can set a limit to challengers. That seems cool, especially compared to the barebones, honestly awful netplay of Ultra SFII.

Anything is better than Ultra SF2. Feel bad for people that bought a Switch for that. Hopefully this is the exact opposite of that game.

I do like the HD classic purist fonts, huds, character select screen, portraits, lifebars and super gauge.

I actually really like Ultra SFII. I just wish the online was decent.

Evil Ryu and Violent Ken was op badly implemented IMHO yet I believe they should be fixed and nerf in future ST expansions since they got good tools and juggles already

I got pretty good at dealing with Violent Ken. He’s a good character but I think Akuma is harder to deal with. Once you learn to punish V Ken’s teleport, he kind of falls apart. Evil Ryu has one shot to beat you; if he cannot land his dizzy combo, he usually crumbles. Ryu is a much better shoto and, again, Akuma is much more of a threat.

1 Like

I have the following doubts:

1- The preorder bonus is USF4 for PS4, PC AND XO.

2- Is the XO version the Xbox 360 one, running thru Back compatibility? (I dont think they are going to port it)

3-If so, can anyone co form if that BC version has any aditional input delay over the original 360 release? I remember the 360 version had even better response than the arcade and ps3 (and a small 0.3 or so over the PS4 release), BUT!..But, all BC titles on XO add V-Sync, so it may add a bit of delay (like a couple of frames?)

Thanks in advance.

^

The Xbone version of Ultra 4 is the 360 port with BC. Xbox Bros getting a bum deal if the BC is shit.

1 Like

So it seems the release was delayed in Asia, don’t know if this will affect the western release (May 29th)

The BC has been widely praised for the XB1 so far. I don’t know if anyone has done input delay tests but feels the same for me in Tekken 6 and KoF98.

1 Like

So the switch version doesn’t get the preorder bonus x.x Oh well. Anyone else getting for switch for some Street Fighter on the go? Or just me?

I am. I’m sure there will be lots of competition based on how active Ultra SFII’s online is, despite the terrible netcode. But BB Cross Yeah is out a week later and that worries me for the online playerbase of SF30.

1 Like

SF4 doesn’t exist on the Switch. I doubt they’d port it for free.

I know that.

Idk, I think there are more street fighter fans than there are BB fans. Plus it’s going back to the originals which still hold up. It will probably do okay considering how many games it has on it plus 4 of them being online.

I wish Ultra SF2 was free for pre-ordering instead.

2 Likes

It is kinda weird that they’d go through all the trouble of making USF2 and then straight up abandon it.

Do you think the PC version will be a more popular online platform than Fightcade for ST and Alpha? I do love FC for ST, but the prospect of more players online is really exciting. I’ll get this on PC, and probably just see where the player base ends up residing.

Truth be told, they made their money and left. Capcom does that sometimes. And, to be fair, the FGC as a whole ignored it. There was no real impetus for Capcom to continue to support USFII. I would love it if they fixed the online, as that’s the only problem with the game.

For total playerbase, absolutely. For quality competition, maybe at its peak but you know you’ll always find quality on FC.