Storm Q&A- Make it snappy, My beloved T'Challa awaits

Link don’t work…can you reup it?

I have trying to increase my combo ability with team synergy. But I am not seeing it work the same way… I noticed alot of people have a combo that they will do. Then when they have there team alive they will do the same combo but call assist in the middle of it to deal more damage. I have been exploring a variety of options. But I am not seeing how this can be done with the team I play. Storm -A world wind, Dormammu - A black whole , Sentinel A - Drone assist. Any ideas? Trying to Level up my game. I keep seeing nasty loops. now I am not going to change my team to achieve it but if someone knows something I don’t know could ya fill me in. Also at a recent tournament I went to I saw alot of people doing storm flight combos. I am not seeing that exactly in the combo thread. Could someone show me those. Currently I am doing one of those… c.l, c.m, c.h, jc. m,m,h, s.m, s into just mmhs hail storm.

why dont you try Sents Rocket Punch assist, so that you can extend combos with its OTG property and you can create unblockables with and Instant Air Float over head + Rocket Punch(low attack)

Also (and I dont use Dorma) but you since your using Whirlwind, you can try something like: call whirlwind, teleport overhead.
Whirlwinds will push your opp far, as you know, and this makes for some nice setups when you have a teleport, especially since Dorma’s j:h: or j:s: crosses up easially

as for flight combos just do:
:s: ^ j:h: xx fly j:l:[j:h: adf j:h:]x3 j:s: land OTG hyper

thanks this thread looks like it’s going to be very useful to me. On to the next topic triangle jumping and bouncing around the screen. I saw someone else do what looked like to me triangle jumping across the screen constantly to move really quickly similar to wavedashing with sentinel or that jump canceling shenanigans. Now when I triangle jump. (sj. then try to addf as fast as possible). It looks very reggid maybe even telegraphed sometimes I jump to high. when I saw this it looked ultra clean. can’t describe it. I gotta be doing something wrong. advice / help? Lastly can anyone tell me exactly the notations for the DHC trick with storm - sent…

so just to clarify. if i want to do storm’s instant float S i just have to hit up up faster? faster = better?

correct. faster is the key.

Title says it all. A bit hard for me to consistently do the advanced dash down/down forward H, into c.H back into j.H addf/add.

ANy advice on getting this done consistently. I always seem to have the H come out to slow or have storm touch the ground without doing anything.

Thanks

what are storms best normals? I never know which normals to use in order to punish stuff or rush in with.

In my experience, it’s been :m:, :d::h:, j.:h: and j.:s:. Both :m: and :d::h: are jump cancelable so they give you a lot of options and can be made safe even on block.

j.:h: covers a lot of space. j.:s: also does but seems a little easier to hit confirm off of, though it doesn’t cover above and in front of you as well as j.:h:

Also just her dry :s: launcher is huge and has great priority.

Has anyone found good use for her other normals?

s.M and c.H may be viable anti airs. I gotta play around with those more, but they seem to have a nice hit box on them…

I was juvst wondering i llwas running a storm wolvie sent team how do u open people up with storm

It’s her movement options plus her quick high/low game that opens people up.

Super jump, float back then air dash down+forward into a high or low. If they block, either do another low or :u::u::s: or :u::u::l: if they’re fat.

She can also jump cancel her :m: and :d::h: which lets her stay in on opponents easily. This also means she can go high or low off her :m: (either by cancelling into :d::h: or :u::u::atk:)

So basically, float back, call an assist, then enjoy the cover of your assist while you move in and try a few mix-ups, then float back again. Rinse and repeat.

**What is your Storm bnb? Also do you guys think that Storm could use more Hit-Stunt and less hit-stunt deterioration? **I feel like others have tons more of both.

Mine is: (highlighted in blue are the sequences I do the most on auto-pilot)
[j.S, {cr.:l:, cr.:m:, cr.:h:} or (after hit confirm) {cr.M, s.H, cr.H ] (into)
–> {jump cancel :uf:} j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:, land (:df: if necessary), {cr.:m:, s.:h:, cr.:h:} or {cr.M, s.H} or {s.M, S.H} (into)
–> {:s:, j.:m:, j.:m:,} (into)
–> whatever I feel like doing {air-tag} or {j.:s: (into) Hyper, for damage or DHC-glitch} or {:f:lightning attack, Lightning Storm}

I only play versus online, so I don’t really go nuts with flight loops and down-forward lightning attacks into s.M or c.M, or s.L.

Is storm considered a execution heavy character(pad player here) and will she be considered a viable character in UMVC3?

If you mean execution in terms of her combos being difficult, then no, storm isn’t execution heavy by any means. You will need to sit down in training mode for a bit to learn her more damaging combos but overall she is probably one of the easier characters in terms of combos. Now if your talking about how easy a character is to play, storm is not a very easy character to play at all, she has really low health and average normals so you can’t run around doing w/e you want like you would with someone like wesker. With that said storm is viable in vanilla and id be surprised if she isn’t still viable in ultimate, but its a little too early to tell.

But honestly if I were you I wouldn’t worry about viability, find a character you enjoy playing(not your favorite comic book character, a character you honestly enjoy playing) and just stick with them, we might think they aren’t viable but you might find some sexy tech with them that makes them viable. I play storm cause I enjoy playing her, I love her hail storm and I love punishing spammers from full screen with an elemental rage, a lot of people don’t think she is worth it in this game, but I disagree and I’ve stuck with her all through the games life.

I’ve been watching the Canada Cup archives, and I noticed that Justin did and airthrow with Storm and then started a combo and the way down before either character hit the ground. I can’t replicate this. If you do an airthrow and the mash a you dont even come close to hitting them in time.

If you could link the video maybe I could try to figure out what justin did. I saw fanatiq do something similar but he was in x-factor so I assumed it was an x-factor exclusive combo(storm seems to have so many)

HEy, does anyone have a picture on the hitbox of her lightning attack? sometimes it doesn’t hit where it looks like it does, and i just want to get it in my head.

Storm’s best assist for a rushdown team? Im thinking Whirlwind M to help push them to the corner and Ammy Cold Star for lockdown

What are some good instant overhead and tri jump combos or options?