Star Wars Thread

Here you go. The guy reading the stuff is pretty chill. Disagrees with some stuff but is mostly pretty happy about everything. Pretty refreshing when compared to amother vid I’ll link later and some thoughts about them.

4 Likes

For me they were successful when the film made more money than it cost to be made. That they got a return for the investment.
ROTS cost 275million USD. They passed that mark on a monday, and pass the 400m mark by Christmas. The weekend was guaranteed 500m if not more. It’s up to 800m now. They are on pace with profits with Endgame

I just so very tired of people going on the hate pirade that I had a gut reaction.

Yeah, I think you’re talking about that other guy LOL.

I will say that @Darc_Requiem has been pretty matter of fact about the level of success the movie will achieve.

2 Likes

Cool video essay on how JJ writing hurt episode 9

I definitely agreed on Kylo should have never been redeemed. Last Jedi shutting that door was one of the few things I liked about that movie.

2 Likes

Think setting up the Luke myth should’ve been used to springboard into a “World At War” situation where the rest of the free planets just start having Civil Wars. The one problem with this though, its that it probably felt to Abrams that Rian was trying to write Episode 9 for him.

In the vid above, the writer mentions that they weren’t trying to spite Johnson with the Luke scene. Its just reinforcing Luke’s arc in TLJ. The overall story in Episode 9 felt like a complete departure from TLJ. Specific scenes may not have been, but overall it was pretty different. Saw a vid where somebody said that TLJ was sort of like Episode 7.5. What he meant was that you could jump from TFA to RoS and not have missed much. Think he is basically right overall.

Kylo goes from being free to having somebody over him. Rey went from no training to actually being trained in RoS. Finn, Poe and Rey kick it as a crew, you find out Finn wasn’t the only one etc. Stuff happened in TLJ but it wasn’t followed up. But overall you can skip TLJ now; its crazy how JJ inadvertently deleted TLJ as a movie with ROS.

1 Like

I’m not mad man. I am annoyed though. We have to stop lumping people together because they disagree with us on one thing. This is happened in this thread to me on multiple occasions. I’ve gotten it from TLJ haters and defenders. It’s a Sith mentality. It is like the stench of our political system has seeped into everything.

4 Likes

Fuck a grey jedi though.

6 Likes

Yeah I know, and you didnt deserve that flak

We are good man. I’m not mad. I just had to get that off my chest.

Glad you posted this. I forgot to do so while I was listening yesterday. I most everything in the video except for the Poe/Finn thing. It’s just not that serious.

2 Likes

Is there any literature or are there any other sources out there (canon) for Force users who use Magick instead of the customary Force powers the Jedi and Sith use?

@chadouken
Oddball feats, rituals and other wacky shit are all different implementations of the force.

Even the few instances where characters say it’s not the force, it’s the force.

I’d say the Nightsisters on Dathomir. However, they don’t call it the Force. Since we know it surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together, it is because it is.

1 Like

Nightsister stuff was usually described as Dark Side powers. They just had a roundabout way of doing it.

I am pretty much in agreement with everything here.

I was referring to the Nightsisters, where the in-game description states they draw from the Force using Magick, unlike the traditional way the Jedi or Sith do.

@Optimus124 are the Nightsisters brought up anywhere else other than the game? Sorry, I should have been more clear when I asked that, but wasn’t sure if mentioning the Nightsisters and Dathomir would be considered spoilers for the game or not.

Clone Wars and Rebels. Darth Maul’s mom was a Nightsister.

6 Likes

That’s fucking sick! I really need to go back and get through those series.

Their magick is just the force. Nightsisters of course don’t believe that, it’s not what they were taught. Anyone force sensitive can be taught their magick.

Pretty much all the things they’ve done have been done by sith at one point or another and they’re overall weaker than sith cause reasons?

Clone Wars is the better of the two. Rebels is mediocre during season 1 but it does pick up starting with Season 2.

1 Like