Star Trek

I’m on the last season of DS9 as well, fuck y’all.

nigga you had like 20 yrs stfu

So I should have watched it when I was seven. Baby me would have been dope on the playground.

Imma spoil some MMA bouts just for you.

you can try. i dont visit srk on ufc nights lol.

I don’t really care just wanted to be dramatic. DS9 is the best, got into X-Files this past year on and off and that has been spoil city from friends. One off episodes are good and the plot is dumb to begin with.

Vadar’s rumoured to star in 8… on mobile can’t link to source.

where is the sisko cameo??

Han Solo is a bitch.

Harry Mudd or bust

George Takei shares his thoughts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf3s_hIHEkg

I saw nothing that looked remotely close to a Jem’Hadar. Next thing folks will be saying that one girl looks like a Twi’lek.

…Star Wars crossover confirmed?

Maybe it is a new alien

Spoiler

DS9 sucked. Better than Enterprise, but still bad.

wut? is this some kinda troll post?

Why is it a troll because he doesn’t share your opinion?

Not saying DS9 is a bad show, but it’s quite understandable how some Star Trek fans are not fond of DS9, since it’s the polar opposite of Gene Roddenberry’s Star Trek as well as TNG:

• Instead of exploring space, we’re in a station and everything comes to us.
  • Instead of the almost sterile environment of Picard’s Enterprise everything is filthy.
  • Usually other races are not trustworthy or straight up hostile, while in TNG most conflict stemmed from misunderstandings that got resolved one way or the other.
  • The main characters are morally ambiguous. Kira fucking hates Cardassians, Sisko got some serious issues with the Borg and Quark is a jew. In TNG you got Worf but in the end everything got kept in check by Jean Luc who is the fucking morally infallible heart of the ship.

Just saying DS9’s themes of war, religion (Gene Roddenberry hated that shit) and crime, don’t really fit into what your “regular” Star Trek fan expects to see, so it’s understandable that not everyone loves that show.

I’d also have to think hard to find an episode in DS9 that spreads the spirit of Star Trek as well as the Original Series’ “The Devil in the Dark” or The Next Generations “The Measure of a Man”.
I feel like exploring real problems humanity has at the present time (like the examples above dealing with destruction of nature and its inhabitants as well as slavery and human rights), putting them into space and showing us more humane and even logical solutions to them, instead of the capitalist bullshit excuses we actually use, is a defining feature of Star Trek.

DS9 is so far away from that with its mythical religion/prophet mumbo jumbo, that it almost doesn’t deserve the Star Trek label, despite being a great series in its own right.

gene rodenberry was the one to give his ok for the show.

it still followed the stenaments of paralleling things that were going on in the real world

it still had a focus on working together for people from different races and background

war was def in the background of next gen especially in the later seasons

Now… I don’t know much about Star Trek but all the points you mentioned is why I enjoyed DS9 so much. It was different. I also found the “crew” way more interesting. While the usual Trek has humans and the odd alien, as its crew, DS9 was the opposite. It allowed for more creative stories of the unknown. And when it did focus on the humans, it was even more interesting cause we could relate to it.

Spoiler

This guy gets it.

DS9 has a Star Wars theme.

Also Species 8472 owned the Borg for free

So, the new movie coming out in a few months…

I agree that DS9 is really Star Wars Deep Space Nine