SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Still these are opinions from people that are in a concensus, so you’ll have to give them cresit for actually COMPILING a list in a wiki, so A for effort… I guess. F- for actually learning how to cope with the changes however…

Same problem Makoto has. Have to have extremely precise spacing AND timing for her j.MK to work as a cross over on about 1/3rd of the cast. And since she has such slow walk speed its not like you can quickly get into position even if you know it.

I have now updated the thread with BETA changes.

Cool. When all of the changes are done you should do a “condensed” version where you put both alpha and beta together to show the total package.

Yes sir! I will keep updating as the changes come in, and when they finalize the changes I will make a final list.

How long before tonight’s changes come out? Don’t give a time please, I’m useless at time zone conversions.

A.) You are lazy because the internet can do conversions for you

B.) If going by yesterday, the official translation should be out in 3-ish hours. Dunno when the patch notes themselves went live though, sorry.

I am useless at working the internet converters.

And once again Rose can stay in the “useless” tier… what the hell Capcom… what the hell…

Man, I’ll bring those Iron Shiek type of Boots and I’ll stick it straight up their asses after you

Hmmm, well it doesn’t look like Dudley got anything really important. He got some decent buffs with the 3f Hp DP. It isn’t invincible still but you can’t really safe jump him anymore. Seems like it will trade more often than not now. And his cr. mk is better but he’s still pretty meh overall in my eyes. Didn’t get the things I wanted. But I’ll still play him. I don’t really know why people are saying DeeJay is gonna be A tier in 2012 over on eventhubs. Of all his buffs, none of them are that great. Cammy is still gonna be the same, which I’m fine with since I like Cammy’s AE iteration. And my secondary, Guy, is looking good for 2012. Overall I’m pleased with all of the updates to the cast. I’m looking forward to 2012.

You can safe jump Dudley HP JU because it has 0 invincibility. Safe jump will hit him out of start up.

If the 3 frame DP spreads to his EX JU, awesome.

Why did Rose still get nothing?
It’s not like she’s a top tier character or anything. Almost any other low tier character (and some high tier characters) got good buffs except Rose.

It’s like being slapped in the face by Capcom fro playing a character that you actually like.
It makes me wonder why they even put her in SF4 (to this day, still happy they did) if they seem that determined to keep her low tier.

Maybe she is really hard to balance properly? It’s not like they do these things on purpose. Sometimes a small change to just one numerical variable can utterly make or break a character’s competitiveness in a video game. The changes are not final or finished yet either. I really love Rose as a character and hope to see some buffs come her way too.

Nah. Restore original cr. MP hurtbox, revert sweep to Vanilla frames, decrease U1 startup by a frame or two, buff hitbox and damage for U2, and she’ll be okay. Only thing she ever had that was broken was Super U2.

Am I the only one to think that those “buffs” to the twins are a fucking joke? 10 frames is still terrible for a cmd throw, might as well leave it at 11, what’s the point? And that useless TC being GJ cancellable is also just for the lols.
And yang…poor kid…

Makoto’s cmd throw is 9F and far shorter range. Fei’s is 14F (12F for ex) and yet good players still manage to land it.

Hardly see how having more options to be able to combo into GJ is a bad thing. the TC3 is 150damage 2 hits and puts the opponent into a juggle state, honestly there isn’t much more you could ask for except a faster startup when it comes to a GJ cancelable TC. The move has pretty good range to top it all off.

I’m still waiting for your answer regarding Yun’s dive kick in ver.2012…lol

Anyways, why do you keep on talking about stuff you don’t know anything about?
TC3 is like -9 on block. No fucking one uses it and no fucking one will ever use it even if it’s GJ cancellable. On top of that it’s slow and has poor range. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that TC used in competitive gameplay. There has to be a reason.

Fei’s cmd grab can be cancelled from normals and this way he has quite a few setups where he can tick into it and the 12f startup don’t even matter. As for yun’s cmd grab, i’m not saying it sucks…but what’s the fucking difference between 10 and 11 frame startup?? Everyone is using ex version even now that it has 8 startup frames. I don’t see people changing their habits in ver 2012. People will still use EX version (even if it went from 5 to 8 startup frames) and having a 10 or 11 frame non ex cmd grab won’t change shit.

Regarding makoto’s karakusa: I’ll have to agree with you since I don’t know jack shit about makoto and don’t pretend to. You see, it’s easy: you don’t know anything about a character, you don’t pretend to school people who do with your supposed knowledge.

I see you know frame data perfectly for all characters (although you don’t seem to know how frame data actually works, lol). Perhaps it’s time for you to actually start playing the game instead of reading frame charts.

You seem like the “I use low tier because they’re low tier and I can make excuses when I lose” guy. Less butthurt please.

ahhhh. category 4

we might believe you if not for your adamant hate of “twin users”. if you just “liked your character”, you wouldnt really care who is in what tier, or who uses them. you’d just want your character to be competitive