SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Bwah ha ha ha ha
the assgrab in the picture is amazing.

We already knew Chun Li was pretty unprofessional, given how much she talks about candy and her hair.

Need to find out if they nerfed Blanka’s costume. You know the one.

that shit should be officially banned from tourney play. its that distracting

I saw it was was banned in a tourney posted in the events forum. I wonder if others will follow suit.

>:O

Good Sagat’s can wreck a Dudley. See what I did there?

Sagat can still use fireballs, he just can’t be reckless. In fact the fireballs and the threat of them set up lk, mk and hk. you forgot c.FP, Tiger Knee and TU with 2 bars. They can both wreck each other given the opportunity, which is why it’s even.

Dunno why some Sagat players think Dudley is a nightmare. I’d say it’s slightly in Sagat’s favor…

• Tiger shot is still a threat. Just can’t be used quite as much. Not only can Ultra 1 be baited, but Dudley loses some of his overall damage because he has to use this to shut down some of Sagat’s zoning.
  • Tiger knee does a lot in this match up. It will keep Dudley away, it will get Dudley away from you, and it can frame trap him for days. The last one is probably the most important, because…
  • Sagat actually has a pretty scary game up close, which he’ll have to switch to a couple of times once Dudley stocks Ultra 1. Can either push Dudley back out with airtight strings or frame trap multiple times for quite a while to push him away and give Sagat more screen space. If Sagat has two bars and Ultra 1 stocked, it’s even scarier for Dudley. Dudley’s defense is pretty lacking - he’ll need three bars to be safe or he’ll eat 240+ and either be right back into pressure or be knocked half a screen away if he tries to gamble and fails.
  • Sagat doesn’t have footsies to keep up with Dudley, but that isn’t much of a problem. Tiger knee will always be a threat, and Sagat has some very good defensive pokes. fst.LK, cst.LK, fw.LK, fst.MK, st.HK, cr.HP…all very useful against Dudley.
  • Sagat doesn’t have the best wake up, but it’s not like he’s hopeless if Dudley manages to score that magical knockdown. Tiger Uppercut can be safe jumped, but Sagat only needs two bars to get out of Dudley’s pressure and reset the situation. Not to mention that FADC Ultra is also a threat that Dudley has to look out for.

Just can’t see how people would think this is a bad match up. Dudley can kill anyone if he gets in, and he has to work to get in. Sagat specializes in keeping people out.

Speaking of Dan and Abel. Abel still going to lose quite a few important match ups (loses to all dive kick characters, Zangief, couple of zoning characters…) Ultra 2 isn’t going to do much for him (well, whole lot of online crying.) Dan sounds scary as hell now. Never thought I’d see the day where Dan would be a scary mid to mid-upper character. Like looking at his 2012 changes, I actually wanna start playing him.

i think abel will be “top tier” because a lot of players are going to drop the twins for tourney play. if that happens, then abel has an easier road to walk. i agree that ultra 2 has basically nothing to do with why abel will be better in 2012.

So in your opinion why will Abel be better in 2012, the mid low cancel to cr.hp is a 1 frame link ( i believe ) & gimmicky at best, other than that he got back his cr.hp & the TT buff. Both of those changes are decent but not enough IMO to make him top tier, high mid probably. The twins & Fei may of been nerfed but they’ll still beat Abel & most of the cast got buffed ?

the twins will definitely still beat abel. but the chances of abel running into them in a tourney will be less, so we will see abel have an easier time getting wins and moving into the top 8. (edit: this is obviously very speculative)

if you’re talking about online or in non-tourney settings, then yeah i dont think abel will be top top tier, just really good (like half the cast will be)

I still don’t see how that makes sense. His only combos are 1 frame links, he’s incredibly reliant on that step kick, his AA ranges from weak to awful, he pretty much can’t beat anybody’s AA on his jump-ins, only reversal is a command throw or maybe EX CoD. The “twins” aren’t what’s keeping him out of high tier.

Another thing: Why do people still say “the twins?” Yang’s combos are much weaker, his dive kick is slower, he’s much less safe. I don’t think he should be grouped in with Yun, and putting him in top tier was definitely premature. I don’t think they should be treated as a single problem all the time.

if you don’t see why abel is really good and can place well in tourneys… i dunno, i’m not the right person to explain that to you. but abel has gotten tourney play at the highest level since vanilla, and was near top in super. all the time with his step kick into the 1 frame link. you know that pro players dont have a hard time with that right? tier talk is about high level play, not what you can do.

as for the twins… with regard to abel, yeah they can be lumped together. they both have good safe offense, and a divekick that kills abels ability to anti-air. you should maybe read what reasons top players had for dropping abel in AE. it had nothing to do with his step kick or command throw.

but like i said, im not the right guy for this explanation. ask strider or juicebox or HAV or sakeido or HFX or any other abel player who is really good.

Don’t ever say Abel has awful AA.

Actually, Yang’s pressure is much safer than Yuns, and those divekicks with higher heigh restriction were always safe on block.
BnBs were weaker, true, but he had quite good burst damage options (ultras for starters).

You are right that he should not be grouped worth Yun, he is a terror on his own.

you beat me to it. a mid or low level player might have a rough time knowing what spacing and normal vs what jump in, but the high level abel players dont let people jump in on them much at all, unless its a dive kick

also, abel does well in tourneys because all it takes is a knock down and he can end rounds in a hurry. i think he beats most zoning characters and really only has problems with severe rushdown or the characters with far superior footsie tools

Is that PC AE? Looks great. It pops more.

Yun and Yang can go together against Abel, but otherwise I think they should be separated. Which Capcom doesn’t seem to be doing, because Yang’s Super got the exact same nerf as Genei Jin. Seems lazy.

I’ve never really been convinced Abel’s AA is anything more than average. I see a lot of top Abels having to block against jump-ins. I guess it’s functional, but very discouraging given the timing and spacing required, when numerous characters have good AA all over the place. It’s especially troublesome when his c.hp, which requires your opponent to be practically at the apex of their jump to even juggle, was inexplicably nerfed.
And I don’t know why so many players stopped playing Abel, that’s not something you just happen to find.

It’s on PC with the ink filter.

If anyone cares, my thoughts on the Dudley AE ver2 changes

I don’t think anyone knows how the Rolling Thunder change works yet. I saw it worded somewhere that “Rolling Thunder now connects fully on airborne opponents.” I don’t think we’ll get the 3S BODY BODY BODY BODY BODY BODY UPPAHCUT as a non-cinematic Ultra, so maybe it means the move is easy to land on airborne opponents instead of needing to start early and get the meaty. Still not usable as AA, that’s what Corkscrew Cross is for, but hopefully more forgiving.

Not sure what the point of buffing a level 1 FA is.

lol thunderbolt

Short Swing Blow I just don’t see much of a use for. I do wish it looked more like a smooth boxing feint as it did in 3S instead of this funky slide, but that’s totally irrelevant.