SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

bad character with good FA has few options other than to use FA which is predictable
most people are bad at game, don’t use tools

that pretty much summarizes the last 15 posts, all of this stuff is really obvious, don’t know why it’s being discussed.

I had a long winded post about how Guy has so little options outside of ex Hozanto/backdash when Dudley or Fei start up a focus attack outside of sweep/overhead range.I even had a list of all his options and why they fail at stopping the ‘focus wall’…

but I realised it was a whiney waste of a post so instead Im going to go work on how to deal with them because although I moan about it, I never actually bothered trying to work a way around it. To the BAT LAB

That has been my view of Dudley but I rarely see players who use Dudley actually talking about it (which would indicate to me that it possibly isn’t true). I don’t see them criticizing the focus game mechanic enough.

The fundamental problem with the character is that the developers expect you to focus attack…but in reality focus attack will get you killed. Is this really what Dudley is?

Dudley’s focus attack has more reach than Sakura’s crMK
FA projectile dash forward is hard to do online (for me)
Dudley’s oki game (high/low/throw/bait) lol LP+LK+MP+MK backdash beats everything unless they’re cornered
Dudley jumping hards have lower than average hitstun, not much more than jumping Ms

I made a match up survey in the Dudley board if you want to see what Dudley players’ opinions on match ups. That list is of bad matchup lacks M. Bison though.

iirc dud vs rog is something like 3-7 (rog´s favor)?

…but the startup frames are the killer for FAs. They are just too slow.

nope.

No consensus on it, some say 5-5 others say 6-4 (I think 6-4)
Balrog’s hitbox is stupid, the push he gives off on wakeup makes crLK crLP sHK whiff.

it can’t be that bad.

Give Dudley Fei’s FA.

I don’t think Balrog is THAT bad for Dudley. If Dudley had to have a 3-7 matchup, it would be Guile. That matchup is just amazingly bad and shows how ill-fit Dudley seems to be for this game.

I’d rather fight Guile than Bison or Chun to be honest.

You would? I suppose good Bisons would be impossible, but a lot of Bisons just walk/ knee press straight into s.hp. I don’t know much about the Chun Li matchup, I hate fighting Chun-Li in general. But it seems any Guile at all, good or mediocre, has the advantage against Dudley. Hard as hell to get close, and I don’t know how well Dudley can take advantage of Guile’s weak wakeup.

If they gave Dudley a cross up in 2012 version, it might help against Guile.

Dudley has a crossup:
[media=youtube]dOmErkraTXI[/media]
[media=youtube]sAPYwMAj5Wk[/media]

But from the looks of it, the cross up is about as finicky and difficult to utilize as Makoto’s laughable j.mk cross up that requires perfect spacing, careful timing, and is character specific.

it cant be 5-5, rog can lame him out pretty well imo

from my experience chun´s cr.hk > dudley

dudley has all the tools to win against balrog. while he isn’t great he’s a pretty underrated character imo.

Lol there’s a reason he’s rarely used. Use him for a few weeks and you’ll see.

Well, at least he does awesome against sagat and ok against viper and that´s good considering they will probably be popular choices in ver .2012.

Dudley/Sagat is even.

Dudley has the tools to deal with everybody. The problem is getting within range and staying in that range to use them. Rog can out footsie and AA Dudley all day. You ain’t getting in on a turtle Rog without spending a LOT of health.

[media=youtube]m0dRaNaxG5I[/media]