SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

When I talk about unique I mean he doesn’t really stand out in anything. His zoning is ok, but not great. He has no mix up game to speak of (That slash doesn’t count.), and he doesn’t have the safest way to punish throw techs. Overall he is an ok character, but I don’t think he has the tools to be top.

lol at guy and cody being the new yun and yang. You gotta be pretty damn scrubby to think that.

Oooo… No complaints there. Their Buffs are excellent, and no doubt, should be able to crush the competition now. But then again, this is a loketest, so it is subject to change, but I think this will be a sure sign that characters will see the light of day when everyone can be used without fear of being dominated.

Well cody’s buffs are pretty good to the point that he should be pretty solid at the very least. Not sure about top tier worthy. As for Guy, you gotta main him to understand that he has a lot of weaknesses and that most of his buffs are fixes rather then actual buffs. As long as he ends up solid that’s good enough for me.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/ET0OM.png

This is the japan tier list. Cody is 24 to them right now. Guy is 28, and Sakura is 25. So I guess they’re moving up some, and the top 4 are moving down some, or at least getting some more even matchups.

that tier list isn’t too accurate and doesn’t seem to reflect top player opinions.

looking at the one match from the Location test El Fuerte seems to recover from a whiffed quesadilla bomb WAY faster. this is good.

I’m kinda glad El Fuerte got some buffs to make him less of a joke character. By character design, i’d never like to see him move up past mid-tier, but what we have now is a low tier character who really has to work a lot harder than most everyone else in the cast. I’d like to see Ryu get some different changes than the ones he got. I don’t think counter hit shakunetsu to U2 really makes me feel like thats a reason why Ryu should be good. Just give him back his damn low forward and call it a day. He should be a footsie character. I feel like they keep taking out solid footsie options and replacing them with either high damage gimmicks, or just outright taking them away.

They can call it whatever name they like, but with the current changes it is still not balanced. There are some characters who need more love if they want them to be as tournament viable as Fei.

Cody and Guy? Lol yea right the twins are Still better than them…don’t let all the crying convince you otherwise. I like the changes but the TRUE winners of the Hong Kong nerfs are characters like Viper, Ken, Sagat, Akuma etc

cr.lk -> st.lp -> cr.mk -> hp rekkas = 199 (191 if it’s mp rekkas, 192 if you use st.lp x 2 for hit confirm). This combo hits croucher, safe on block and is piss easy to link compared to say, Juri or Blanka.

meaty close: cr.lk -> st.lp -> st.mk -> j.hp for free mixup (160) or hk roll kick for damage (185).

No idea where your 1 frame unplinkable or 160 damage came from and I see Nemo use it quite often. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=J5-VYddlfJI#t=349s

If you mean the first cr.lk -> st.lp is one frame ( i doubt it ) then use cr.lp. You lose 10 damage but the combo is even easier.

Seriously stop acting as if Yang was fine in AE and were to be killed in 2012 ver.

I don’t know about him being low tier he did look pretty good right now. Except his chip dmg is crap.

SMH. You are just arguing for argument’s sake.

both are still 2 one frame links within the same bnb. you can’t plink cr.lk to st.lp or cr.lp and both are one framers. and after that you have another one framer with the cr.mk. i may have been exaggerating with the damage but the two one framers are true. and juri bnbs hard? lmao i used to main juri before you even showed up on the forums. ask your boy kail. her bnbs are easy as hell plus being plinkable. her one framers are st.lk x2> cr.mp/cr.mk pinwheel. and you would go for cr.mp just because it’s ten more points of damage. oh, and it’s plinkable because i plink it alot back when i used her. so gtfo with that bs. blanka bnb’s are legit hard because you can’t plink lights at all. juri doesn’t suffer from that at all. outside of that she have piss easy two framers such as cr lk x3, pinwheel or cr.lk, st.lp cr.mk/mp pinwheel. so yea, i know more about your character than you know about mines moron.

also, yea nemo was hitting them in that one exact video? but what happened to him at gods garden when he was going for those? they were dropping like crazy while sako was hitting reliable 2 framers or one framers that are plinkable such as cr.jab, cr.mk.

btw here’s a restream of the niconico stream of the JP tourney, they’re streaming ver 2012 now:

st.LP is +8, you can even link sweep off of it. cr.LK to St.LP is a 1 frame link. After that you have 3 frames to link a st.HP and then go into HP rekkas for 207 damage on Ken who I think has 1000 stamina.

thank you for telling me something i already know. and thanks for the character specific? heavily space depended bnb that most yang players know by now. thanks for contributing absolutely nothing towards this discussion. that bnb on ken is about as useful as juri’s character specific st.lp, cr.hk link.

btw can we just drop this yang shit? he’s nerfed, i’m dropping him, ya’ll happy, end of the story.

LOL. Just watched some Yun roll some pretty decent Adon. Then a better Yun rolled that Yun for free. Honestly doesn’t look like the nerfs hurt him that much.

where did you watch this? i wasn’t keeping because of hurricane irene basically invading nyc.

The stream that was a few posts ago: http://www.twitch.tv/feed_rss