SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Told you everything I know, sorry.

The twins may have been nerfed, but i don’t see the match-up getting any better unless sim gets some buffs. It will just take Yun an extra mixup or two. The core of what made Yun and Yang a hard match-up is still there. Which is fine, but at the same time a lot of his other match ups are getting buffed leaving Sim trailing. I don’t really expect them to do much about it though Sim is to much of a straight zoner who no one really likes to play against (Generalization) unless your Yun, Yang or rufus.

the dive kicks being worse, command grabs being weaker, and ex lunge and target combo poking being negative should actually make it a lot easier on sim.

maybe he wont win it, but i doubt it has that 8-2 look to it any more

Sim won’t win as long as they have a dive kick. But at least it won’t be a bloody massacre like in AE.

Oh your absolutely right. I didn’t mean it to come off as it won’t help because it will. I’m just salty that my scrubby ass Sagat does better vs Yun than the main i have been playing since vanilla. Figured i would take the salt wave in a different direction. :wink2:

If the dive kick height restriction is as high as Cammy or whatever it may be, they’ll still need to hit the dive kick far away to get back into frame advantage.

Diving on top of characters, especially standing, should be very punishable this time around.

They’ll have to pick their proper spaces to dive kick in and if they have to think that long, Dhalsim should have enough time to counter pick the right normals/specials to deal with it.

At worse, Dhalsim vs Twins simmer up to 4-6.

All these nerfs to Yun, Yang and Fei don’t hurt them as much as taking away Rose’s invincible Soul Satellite from her.

So stop complaining gtfo.

nice we needed another topic to argue about thats already been done to death.

happy dance for fei

Because that’s two one frame links in the same combo, one of which that can’t be plinked. Allioune, Sakonoko and others must be really bad tho not follow your poposed BnB. The only Yang that favors cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mk xx Rekkas (one frame link still) is Nemo, and he has to live with the fact it doesn’t stat from a low.

Senkyuutai can only be comboed from cr.mk and in specific distances. If you’re 0.1 pixel far i t won’t connect, making something like cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mk xx MK Senkyuutai unreliable.

On to loc test discussion: Hakan’s oiled coward crouch while dashing seems pretty useless, but It can go over the opponent…maybe useful for shenanigans and in charge character matchups.

From Dev Blog:

“-Yun and Yang make squeeky toy sounds when they attack or are attacked”

Hmm, I wonder what this means?

I love you guys :smiley:

So what do you think?

Guy and Cody the new Yun and Yang?
OR ARE
ERyu and Oni?
These guys are gonna be good.

Comparing Cody & Guy to Yun & Yang is silly.

the only part that makes sense are their color schemes. Codys walkspeed isnt as major as it sounds, and he still doesn’t have a proper reversal on untechable knockdown. Characters like akuma and gief will still control him.

hes definitely less helpless though

You should happy dance for Fei, because he still seems like a fine character. It wasn’t that big of a deal on paper; he was almost balanced in regular AE, there was just some stuff that he shouldn’t have had (500 meter less combos against 13 characters in the cast 1/3rd? >.>)

IMO Oni is still going to be average because his flaws haven’t been fixed at all. He still doesn’t have any defining abilities that makes him stand out from the rest of the cast. E.Ryu should play more solid now so I can see him moving up to mid-high tier.

How does that even make sense? Evil Ryu is the one who’s less unique than Oni. And what flaws do you see in Oni that make him so average? He has pretty much everything except for a FADCable DP.

Oni has nice hit confirms but for some reason when I fight him I find it easier to keep him out than the other shotos and especially Akuma. I feel like he doesn’t have as many options to get to his BnBs so they are easier to predict. I think he has similar problems that Gouken has in getting to the damage but once it happens it hurts…a lot.

The forward dash cancel does seem to have limited application. However, the backdash one seems to be pretty good; you can cancel at any point during the backdash, not just the grounded portion at the beginning (the same as his ~6 frames of invincibility) unlike his BDNC.

Regarding Guy and Cody being the new Yun and Yang: They should be the new Yun and Yang because they’re the most badass duo in the SF universe. Wonder if they’re buffed because they want people to get hyped for their inclusion in Street Fighter X Tekken. Interested in testing out Guy’s walkspeed now. It’s something he’s always needed.