SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Cody is now intimidating.

I think she moves forward off of her back foot before grabbing, so the range in that image is extremely good.

On the Yang VS Yun nerf, the second hit of the infamous target combo 4 is now unsafe on guard (+6), even if they didn’t nerf standing medium punch. That is huge.

Also, Yun’s Palms seem pretty weak now compared to Yang’s.

Yeah man, when you let us Cammy mortals know about your godlike Cammy tech only you know it’s pretty obvious that Cammy will be running shit in AE2k12.

Rose is the only character keeping me from dubbing AE 2012 the “Alpha Edition”. 3SO is out now, so we don’t need overpowered SF3 characters blowing it up in SFIV anymore. Now Adon’s been buffed, yet again. Guy will be more of a troll from here on. Dan was shown some love. Gen hits like he’s ten years younger. Sakura’s pressure game will have you eating even more chip damage. Evil Ryu is teabagging his original self. And Cody is on steroids, to say the least.

The one left riding the bench is Rose. She was scraping to pull her own weight in Super, and she’s not even at that level after her 2012 “buffs”. Then again, Dudley and Ibuki are SF3 too, and they’re not causing an upset in AE. I dunno… I would just find it funny if something about the Alpha series gets announced in the coming months. However unlikely that may be.

So no talk about their wake up speed so I’m guess they both (twins) are going to wake up faster (by 1 to 2 frames) than the rest of the cast making safe jumps nearly impossible to time on some characters. And Yang’s total invulnerability wake is still in the game, which means it wasn’t a glitch.

Edit: Adon still sucks but at least they know that without his wake up speed, his wake up game is garbage. And it all depends how much range they gave to his HK RJ since the LK and MK RJ don’t have any invincibility.

Having thought about Cammy’s change more: The redundancy of the far fierce combos and the inability to cross-through makes me unhappy. I’d like at least one combo finisher that switches positions.

Why do people keep repeating this? How do you know that’s why they did it? Do you honestly believe they would do something like that to fix a situational setup that only works a on few characters? WTF.

If Capcom is sooooo lazy, why did they bother tweaking hitboxes for just about everyone else and then just decide “fuck it” when it comes to Akuma? Gimme a break…

The dev blog even states that that adjustments were made because of “the loop”…

Akuma players are out of the loop.

Akuma got salt, cody got sugar.

v2012, bitches

yeah it’s clearly a setup nerf but it’s pretty funny to see them go “look we found new unblockables! Don’t nerf it!” and Capcom are like “lol go play Evil Ryu”.

you must not be a deejay main. if you’re using ex FB you’re doing it wrong lol
there are a lot of matches where you can do without meter.
lk upkick is the best special AA in the game.
if you’re opponent is smart and throws good fireballs you don’t need ex dreads.

Juri buffs are delicious.

Didn’t MK Arrow cross over in some cases?

Fei is definitely still high tier. There might not even be an S tier with this lineup of changes.

The tier list could very well end up looking like this by the end of next summer for all we know.

(this is just for visual purposes, not tier list making already)

A+ - Zangief, C.Viper, Sagat, Akuma, Cammy, Makoto, Yun, Feilong
A - Ken, Chun, Boxer, Dictator, Adon, Sakura, Seth, Yang
B+ - Abel, Dee Jay, Ibuki, Honda, Cody, Guy, Claw, Rufus, Ryu, Blanka, Dudley, Dhalsim, Juri, El Fuerte, Guile, Ken, Gouken, Gen, Rose, Oni, Evil Ryu, Hakan, T.Hawk, Dan

Doesn’t that mean that Cody gets nerfed in 2013? That’s what this forum wants, right?

I don’t see Makoto being A+ she has been dropping slowly from High A to low A in most peoples opinions. And that is with the current setup. Given the nerfs (however slight) coupled with buffs to nearly everyone else she is def dropping down not going up. But I get your point that the tier list is going to be a lot closer than before (and no S tiers.)

Pre nerf him! NERF HIM NOW BEFORE V2012 COMES OUT. HE IS OP IN THE FUTURE.

Viper is gonna be S tier in ver. 2012. I can only see Honda giving her a run for her money.

That would be a perfect ending for Street Fighter 4.

So Yun has the same dive kick as Yang now. Can Yang’s divekick even crossup? If it can’t, Yun is definitely going to be very weak on offense.

No he hasn’t. In ver.2012 he has the same height restriction as Yang (which sucks) AND still has the lower hit/block stun he already had in AE. This means that his dive kick will be quite ass. He should still be able to crossup anyways