SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Wow. Everybody on day 3 got huge lists of changes. Not sure how I feel about all these yet. The characters I play, Hakan and Honda, both got buffs this time around, but some of the other buffs look even scarier. Cody, Adon, Juri, Dudley…damn. Oh well, it’s much better to be scared by most of the characters than bored by them. Good job Capcom; we’ll have to see which of these changes stick for the final release.

What did Dudley get that makes him so scary now? Dudley got nothing. Maybe 6 characters got overall nerfed, virtually every other character got meaningful buffs with a few remaining the same. Dudley got virtually nothing and he’s definitely low tier now.

His truly bad matchups stayed bad and he got a whole laundry list of matchups that got worse. That’s all Dudley got. More bad matchups.

I play Akuma, but honestly, all this whining is pointless and is just making all of us akuma players (yeah, including those that don’t complain) look ridiculous.

It is what it is. Some characters got it better, some characters got it far worse. Akuma will still be a good character although he won’t be top any more. Either live with it, or pick a new top tier. Not that it matters anyways, since at the level that 99% of the people on srk are playing tiers won’t mean much anyways. If you’re the better player you will win, otherwise you’ll lose.

I’m so tired of people blaming their losses to their “low tier character”.

Shit dude, you’re salty. You said this like 5 times now, give us a break.

Okay, sorry for having a opinion. I forgot most discussions on srk just consist of calling the other person a idiot. Honestly, after all this time you would think you would get tired of lurking on these forum and mindless blurting crap. It’s not surprising most people dislike you.

Let me breakdown what I said again since you’re that stupid. With the nerfs to those characters plus other characters getting buffed. Yun, Yang, and fei long will not be good. That’s basic logic, idiot. If you would like to post example how they will not be low tier, please do.

^^

SF4 Vega, Guile?

do you hear what you are even saying?

Was replying to Nybb. And yeah I’m salty as fuck.

no one cares about dudley lol

Even with those nerfs it’s pretty clear that they’ll still be stronger than at least 25-30 other characters. Especially Fei and Yun. There is nothing really to explain. It’s so evident. Small buffs to shitty characters won’t make them top tier by miracle.

As things are standing now ver.2012 top tier will probably be Viper and Seth, but Fei and Yun won’t be behind by much. Even Yang will still be quite strong.

Juri, DJ, Gen, Dan, Guy, Dudley and the likes won’t magically become better than Fei only because he got his fk and cw damage nerfed, lol. How can you even be so stupid to think something like that

What do they have to do with AE? lol I’m assuming you’re talking about vanilla. I don’t get your point.

I didn’t say yun/yang/fei will be completely useless. Low tier doesn’t mean you automatically lose. The only people who think like that are scrubs. Guile still had somewhat of a chance in vanilla, but vega didn’t. hahaha

It was at superlollo remark about losing is your fault all the time, not the characters, which is a fallacy.

Well to be a smart ass, it kinda is… why pick shit tier on purpose?

Exactly.

A lot of people (not everyone of course) picks low/shit tier to have an excuse for their losses. That’s a given fact.

You win with a top tier —> well, you’re using top tier, you gotta win. Your character deserves the credit

You lose with a top tier —> you obviously suck

You win with a low tier —> wow, you must be an amazing player getting wins with a half assed underdeveloped character

You lose with a low tier —> well, it obviously isn’t your fault. You’re the better player for sure, but the shortcomings of your character, paired with the OPness of the character you were facing, made it impossible for you to win.

Still bitching about Akuma you guys are a day late and a dollar short. :-/. At least let the Yang & Yun salt rain so we can try it.

I have seen a few things in the changes that disappoint me and some that have made me happy, but I’m going hold off until the final results after location tests before bitching or praising. This all sounds very subject to change to me, otherwise why bother even doing location tests?

I thought we were actually going to have a mature discussion until you edited the stupid comment in.

Well, clearly you’re stupid since all of those characters you listed that won’t “magically” beat fei. Got a lot of buffs that neither you nor me know how they will play out.(I don’t know about guy since I didn’t read his changes.)

I don’t see what yun has that’s supposed to be threatening, but I’m not going to call you stupid for your opinion. He can’t fadc, and now he does less damage, and his mixups are less scary. Fei may still be okay, but he’ll have trouble with fireballs now. Yang still has c.mk to keep pressure, at least. Those 3 aren’t useless, but they sure as hell aren’t still near the top. I wanna see how many top players will stick with them after the patch.

@pedoviejo:
I have no idea how that has anything to do with what I’m talking about.

God, I hate that match-up :slight_smile:

I don’t think Fei got any nerfs that give him more trouble with fireballs.

Yun still has his mixups and his bnb will do 10 less damage. His GJ will probably also only do some 30-40 less damage, so who gives a fuck…he still has 200 ways to combo into it and his meter building is still above average. His ex cmd throw still has SPD range which is crazy even at 8 startup frames (up from 5). His dive kick nerf is was bothers me the most, but it’ll still be good enough to serve it’s purpose, which is getting in. His shoulder loops are still in and his crazy good fs.mp was left untouched. That’s still better than a good part of the cast, who got marginal buffs like +10 damage here and there and a few frame adjustments to normals that were terrible and will now be decent.

Sorry, but I still see both of them in top 10. And in a 39 character game, that’s still top or at least high tier.

I would maybe say still top 10 if they didn’t change his dive kick.

His mixups aren’t the same, the dive kick nerf and his Upkicks having more recovery change his mixups. His command grab being slower also make his mixup a lot less scary, but yes his ex command grab will still be decent. His bnb will do more than just 10 less damage, but not just his bnb lost damage. He also lost damage after his ultra since the second hit of ex shoulder does less damage. His shoulder loop was never that good, it’s just that AE has only been out for 2 months and some days so people still fall for that shit. (you can focus and hit in between st.mp and shoulder which should cause a counterhit, or reversal that shit, or just focus hit him back dash to get space.)

The translation is weird, but from what I gathered his palms are slower and do less damage. So the fake palm/palm mixup is no longer a factor. I could be wrong about that.

All that plus the other characters getting better, I don’t see yun in the top 10.

Edit: The second hit of his rekka is unsafe now. That’s the only thing he had that really gave fireball characters trouble.(mostly ryu/sagat) I think sagat will have a lot less trouble with fei now that he can’t just do rekka anymore.

He can still combo into cr. MK and cr. HK from jab/strong even if his opponent is crouching. Being able to do both remains his biggest strength that only he can do among all the shoto’s. But from the looks of it, Evil Ryu sounds like the better character now. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a influx of new Evil Ryu players, not sure where they will come from though.

Can’t wait to try the new Evil Ryu for myself though.

Dem Juri buffs.

You know I don’t think they’re even trying to make the game balanced, I think that’s BS. They’re simply trying to make another blatant top tier but aren’t planning on coming out and saying it this time, and are choosing, shall we say, more liked characters to be at the top.

There’s some blatant favouritism in these tweaks anyway.