SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

I agree, Makoto didn’t need those nerfs. However, I really don’t see her being low tier in Ver.2012 at all. I can’t see these changes being drastic enough to make her *that *much worse as a character. Though I suppose her already bad matches will become worse.

niggas is frontin

i know some of you bastards are doing back flips over the twin nerfs

cody has the potential to be popular.

Cody is going to be hated by everyone if he going to be good.

Thats what Eventhubs says at least. And are the Makoto changes really THAT bad? (havent played her in a while) I don’t think she’ll drop that much tbh

Man nothing about Dudley’s bad matchups got fixed. Ibuki still kills him, Zangief is still 7/3, Dee Jay is looking awful, Cody is looking awful.

Shit man.

Full translation for Yun (sadface)

■Yun

We removed the ease (cheapness) from Yun to make him a more technical character that is still great for strong players.

Target combo 2 is now 120 damage. Target combo 3 is now 120 damage. Target combo 4 is now 130 damage. Target combo 5 is now 70 damage.
Back to target combo 4, the second hit is now -6 on block.
Yun’s own hitbox (hurtbox) on Crouch Light has been enlarged.
Crouch Straight’s damage has been changed from 60 or 50.
The height requirement for Light, Forward and Roundhouse Raigekishuu (dive kick) has been increased and there is 2 more frames of landing recovery. The block and hitstun on the dive kick as also been increased by 2 frames. Now, it’s important to manage how you hit with your dive kicks, and master where/when to use each dive kick.
During Geneijin, Senpuukyaku’s (Forward MK) damage has been change from 85 to 80.
Light, Forward and Roundhouse Zenpou Tenshin’s (Cmd Throw) start up is now 11 frames. The EX version is now 8 frames.The EX version’s throw invincibility has been removed.
EX Zesshouhohou (lunge punch) hit distribution has been changed from 7/2 to 6/3 and is now -1 on block if you used it right next to the opponent.
The meter gain from Straight and Fierce Kobokushi (palms) has been changed to 20 and the Jab version is 25 frames total. The straight version is 45 frames and the Fierce version is now 45 frames. The damage for the straight and fierce version was changed from 160 to 140 and the stun from 250 to 200. The chip damage for both is now 30. The duration of the hitbox for both was changed to 10.
For the light version of Nishoukyaku (kicks), the invincibility runs out after the hitbox comes out. We also increased the landing recovery on all versions. Last, the damage on the Forward version was changed from 140 to 100.
Tetsuzanko’s (shoulder) Fierce version had its damage changed from 140 to 100. The EX version’s damage is now 80+70→90+40 for a total of 130. During the projectile invincible movement, the part of you vulnerable to physical attacks has been expanded and now easier to hit.
Geneijin is now 1 second shorter and the damage that you can generate during it is less.

Let me know what else needs to be translated

capcom nerfed the standing mp on the wrong twin.

Come on, Yun didn’t get hit harder than Viper, Fei or Akuma for that matter. Dive kick was just changed, being safer overall might be a good thing.
Dhalsim vs Yun is still gonna be stupid, just slightly less damaging stupid.

Yang on the other hand…poor fella is worse than Hakan now.

Guilty as charged.
:sleep: Yun & Yang

I really dont get why they refuse to make thunderbolt usable outside of the sim matchup.

‘‘We removed the ease (cheapness) from Yun to make him a more technical character that is still great for strong players.’’

I wish the translators would put these lines they put above each character too. Its cool to know where the devs. mindset is at when nerfing/buffing the characters

Twin-haters can go EAD. Anyone who considered Yang guilty by association with Yun can eat two of them.

Okay, all of the sudden I like the Cody changes.

not terrible nerfs but enough to hurt. imo she was high mid tier before not high or top, gonna drop from that while her bad matchup chars are almost all gonna get better. most chars in the game will get better, maybe new bad matchups? again dont think she’ll suck or anything in an absolute sense but in what sounds like tightly packed tiers i can see her ending up toward the lower end now.

They put it in for every characters, translators just leave it out. I know that Cody’s mentions improving his knife gameplan, for instance.

They fix Oni’s Ex Tatsu but not Ryu and Akumas?

/shrug

I’m happy I can react to Yun dive kicks now without just having to guess mp counter. I’ll be able to use ex tatsu with confidence.

I think Yang nerfs are a bit crazy imo.

Why neef an already worse st.mp on the character that didn’t need it? Why add a bigger/another hurtbox on his divekicks when his divekicks were already able to be reacyed to?

Dunno…

I don’t want Any character to be ass tier personally.

Guy Changes

Neutral Jump HP hitbox increased
Jump MP and Jump HK hitbox AND hurtbox increased

Hitbox tweaks are mainly to make it easier to hit downwards

Normal throw range increased (similar to Ryu)

Elbow can be performed not just by holding down, but df or db too.

Command Jump/Izuna drop (all versions) - no recovery on landing if no buttons are pressed, so you can get in and aim for throws etc.

EX senpukyaku is fixed so that itll hit easier (where it might whiff before), easier to use against opponent jumping in, easier to not whiff against small framed opponents.

The run overhead kick (kubigari) - tweaked so that it wont go over crouching opponents if performed at close range/point blank.

Finally walkback speed is increased.

Hm I did not think of new/worse bad matchups for Makoto. I’ll still rock her though, this won’t change my gameplan to much. Hell I played her in Super (Whaa someonethatplayedherinsupaa?)