SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

:xeye:

That logic… is… well… huh?

The playing field is still just as level as it was before. Therefor the characters that were not competitive before, will still not be competitive now because the characters you are competing against will have gained as much as you have therefor the distance between you two will be just as much as before. How “competitive” a character is is dependent on how well they can COMPETE with the other characters.

If you make two people race and then add two seconds to both their times the outcome winner still be the same.

SSF4 is already the most balanced SF4 version, AE and AE2012 are just rubblish

Dans already pretty good, this’ll make him better. No one in AE is C tier anyway but Dan is already solid mid, some good matchups, some bad ones, mostly pretty even. This’ll help wig bad matchups to an extent but real prob for Dan is at mid range & still remains. Also bad matchup chars mostly getting buffed (Chun Guile Honda Ryu etc), that’s fine though. But if people haven’t accepted that Dans never been bottom tier in SF4 games after 3 years, why change ideas now imo.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Put two characters in a game with 1000 health. Give them each one move. Character A’s move does 500 damage. Character’s does 400. Clearly on paper character A is the top tier and B is bottom tier. Now give them both 100 extra damage on the move. On paper the tiers don’t change, but the matches are even.

That’s a basic, basic example of why tiers don’t matter in games where all characters are strong.

You people liked that?

No way, it’s better where it is now. For once, Capcom did the right thing.

But thats not necessarily true though so far is it? You have Sagat, he got almost no change in AE2012. You have Fei, who was a little higher tier than Sagat, and now got nerfed, which makes that gap almost non existent, then you get Dan, who was nowhere near these two, who gets some very good buffs, which closes the gap even more.

To me it feels like they’re trying to center the tier list based on how strong AE Ken and AE Sagat were, since they were the least complained about characters. Guys like Viper and Fei who were higher tier than them got nerfed, and characters lower tier than them got buffed.

In a game of 39 characters, that’s impossible.

Probably, but number of characters has a bigger impact on matchups than on tiers.

eg. In a game with 3 chars (A, B and C):
A goes 6:4 with B
B goes 6:4 with C
C goes 6:4 with A

There are 3 good/bad matchups in a game like that, but on a matchup-based tier list all the characters are even.

My original point was though that no matter what the tiers look like, if the characters are sufficiently strong players will still be able to overcome their weaknesses with good play. It’s kinda like in MvC3 where even though tiers exist, a large portion of the cast is competitive because they have crazy shit.

Name setups off back throw. Go ahead and google them or whatever, I’ll wait

Yeah, honestly akuma’s back throw is only usefull if you wanna put somebody in the corner. And even then, it’s not that good. You can try crossup air fireball but if it gets blocked you’re at a pretty bad frame disadvatage. You also have no time to make ANY demon flips safe. In one word: Trash.

in which someone recognizes two good uses for backthrow but can’t be bothered to identify them as good because they’re not the traditional demon flip setup. id worry about the adaptability of akuma players if it wasnt so obvious that the complainers are mostly not the kind of players to investigate technology on their own anyway

You don’t know what you’re talking about lololol

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Are you fucking kidding me?

I just told you that trying crossup fireball off of a back throw is NOT a good idea. You’re gonna get comboed if they block, which definitely isn’t worth trying unless you’re desperate. It’s like spamming a dp during a string hoping that the other player doesn’t block. Yeah sure, you might hit him, but what if you don’t?

As for throwing people back in the corner…well, doesn’t every back throw in this game do it?

Akuma’s back throw has a ton of recovery and it leaves you too close to attempt:

• any safe jump

• any safe crossup

• any safe demon flip

This is a fact, and even 200 hours in training mode won’t change this you genius. There is a reason if no one ever used it in 3 years. Keep trying to convince people that Dan isn’t ass but please don’t talk about a character you don’t know jack shit about.

The fireball setup is good for chip to end rounds and not much else.

haha man you’re so mad about this! it’s pretty funny. maybe you won’t feel as bad about your top 10 character when you copy new setups and new uses for old setups from players who are smarter and more creative than you. it’s just a matter of time, always is.

…so your response is to troll?

First of all, my only post previous to these in this thread was me saying that akuma didn’t get it all that bad. I’m not salty at all about the changes. I knew it was coming, too many scrubs playing low tier and thinking they lose because of their character and not their abilities were wishing for Akuma nerfs.
Akuma will still be top 10, I agree. But of course you like to make assumptions about my saltiness just like you make assumptions that there are viable setups off of akuma’s back throw or that I didn’t spend time trying to discover new setups or whatever.

this doesn’t change the fact that akuma’s back throw is ass and that you shouldn’t talk about things you don’t know shit about. I’m not talking about Hakan and Dan technology, you shouldn’t talk about Akuma. Especially if people that have actually been playing him from day 1 tell you that the shit you’re spouting is WRONG.

Thank You.

Skill>Tiers

Ive invested plenty of technology in Demons and Armageddons, thanks. I just finished up recording all the clips, now I just dont feel like making the video

It’s not trolling, it’s frustration with people too set in a rut that’s getting flushed out. There are still other setups, there will be new setups, and there will be new uses for old setups, this is how it always is when characters get minor changes in Street Fighter and it bugs me to crap that these Akuma players on SRK refuse to see this. Or to see the fact that even free demon flip setups aside he’s still a great character with some of the best defensive and mid range options in the game who’s still capable of getting in on characters he needs to get in on. This is a very good character and I’m not at all worried about the ability of the creative wing of his player base to teach new tactics to people who can’t be bothered to investigate on their own. But in the meantime that lazy wing sure is annoying, ugh.